New to the forums, looking for recommendations

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Jkitesurf
Year: 2017
Color: Red

New to the forums, looking for recommendations

Post by Jkitesurf »

hi everyone, new to the forums, have been living in thailand on and off the last 8 years, back in the UK now and just purchased a 2017 pcx 125, aiming to use it as my all year vehicle (beats driving and parking the 3+1/2 ton van)

now im looking at buying the accessories before i collect the bike as they will fit them for free.

need a topbox (all the ones i've seen say 3kg max load ... are there any i could put a laptop bag inside of ?)
phone holder (givi / any suggestions ?)
bluetooth helmet (or bluetooth kit for current helmet)
oxford heated grips (they told me they dont have the scooter ones, so thinking about the sports ones, or open to suggestions).

will spend the next few days reading all the forum posts seeing if theres any suggestions in other posts, but thought i would post here and maybe get some reccomendations for things i havent thought of while im doing that.

nice to meet you all and thanks for the help

James
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: New to the forums, looking for recommendations

Post by kramnala58 »

Go back to Thailand and pick up a couple of suitcases full of accessories, you will save a fortune. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

All the Givi MonoLock boxes are 3kg max load
Givi MonoKey boxes are all 10kg max load
However, in the interests of good handling you don't want 10kg hanging off the back.
You might get a laptop bag under the seat, depends what size your laptop is.
Bluetooth you want to do without, switch your phone off while riding and don't use satnav, instead stay focussed and pay attention to what is happening around you, because people will be doing their best to kill you.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi ya James! and welcome to our forum(s)
Happy Days Lie Ahead! I'm excited for You! :P

Okay, now Let's make a deal.
I'll post a few helpful links for your reading pleasure and...
You add your location to your profile by following my easy directions below.
Why? Because it helps Us to help You. We come from all over the world and quite often location will dictate the help we can/will/try to provide. You'll see what I mean as you spend time chatting with us from topic to topic across the forums ;)

Moving forward and
Keeping my end of the deal, see if any of these topics are helpful:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7294
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1557
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5807
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3109

And Many many more great threads onboard to read. Use our search button (at the top of every page) to help you locate what you're looking for. Oxford grips, as an example ;)

Others will be stopping in to greet and help you, especially when you make "THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!" :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I believe that outlander has a sweet setup on his bike that might work for you as well. Ask him to send you a link to the picture he posted. I believe that he uses his for work as well and perhaps carries a computer??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Jkitesurf
Year: 2017
Color: Red

Post by Jkitesurf »

thanks everyone, went for Oxford Touring heated grips, as i didnt really like the spiky look of the sports ones, and my local garage didnt have the scooter ones in.

because they got the bike ready so quickly and cant get top-box in because of easter post, they agreed to fit it for me when i do my first service. got my CBT on thursday and then picking the pcx up after. picked the red 2017 :) my thai license expires 22nd april so needed to get a UK license ... and CBT is actually cheaper to insure than full thai bike license.