Hard bags?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Hard bags?

Post by DanFromVegas »

While perusing youtube I saw a video, series of still photos actually, of modified PCXs. The video was from Vietnam. Several of them had integrated hard saddlebags. They looked factory, like on the GoldWing, not cobbled together like Givi or another aftermarket brand. Any idea what they are and where to find them?

Thanks
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Hard bags?

Post by homie »

The topic rarely come up in here but there have been a few custom jobs featured from Tia posted before.

Here is an example and a thread from another forum that might be helpful to read.
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/h ... 268/page-8
Attachments
HondaPCXMinimalisNews.jpg
HondaPCXMinimalisNews.jpg (26.64 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
download.jpg
download.jpg (8.88 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The problem has always been the cost of making them PLUS the shipping costs to ship them to different places. The bottom line is that they are quite expensive. I was quoted $600 on one set, and I know others have seen prices a bit higher than that. These are hand made from fiberglass, so there is a lot that goes into making them. Many of us do not want to spend that much money on a single item, though they are very nice looking, and could probably be moved from one PCX to another, should a PCX owner decide to upgrade their bike to a newer version.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

A few years ago I was able to contact the guy in Malaysia who makes them. Mel's $600 is about right, but even a little at the low end. On top of that there was shipping and then painting costs once you get them.

I am not sure about swapping them onto a newer model. Did the rear plastics change in shape when the 2014 (or was it 2015?) came out?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DanFromVegas »

Thanks for the info. I saw the ADV page but it looked like that guy stumbled on some of the same pics I did. $600 plush shipping and painting seems a bit steep but I might still consider it. After all, I'm selling the GoldWing and switching to the PCX. I still can't find a link to any vendor of those bags. The problems of being old.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

DanFromVegas wrote:Thanks for the info. I saw the ADV page but it looked like that guy stumbled on some of the same pics I did. $600 plush shipping and painting seems a bit steep but I might still consider it. After all, I'm selling the GoldWing and switching to the PCX. I still can't find a link to any vendor of those bags. The problems of being old.
I will see if I can dig up the link again.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

They are not as nice, but I read somewhere that you can fit the Givi E22 hard panniers onto the PCX. Just a thought. It might be a lot cheaper way to go.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm considering these or similar soft luggage. . .economy price point.

This video shows the Scooter Logic Bags mounted on a PCX 150 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4uGlWzCK34

I've been using DOWCO Rally Packs on my 49cc scooter and they've worked out well. I originally had them on my sport touring bike because they were configured for up-swept exhaust pipes.
DCP_1523a.jpg
DCP_1523a.jpg (197.89 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
You can't beat the hard luggage in those pics for looks and WOW factor though for sure.
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DanFromVegas »

Yeah, I already have some soft bags and I probably won't be doing any long trips on the PCX but those hard bags pictured above are so good looking! I'm still lusting after them. Tail trunks are useful too but detract from the scooters sexy good looks,
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yup. . .know what you mean. I'm just cheap. That being said the upside to them is they have some flexibility if you try to stuff something like a full size box of White Castle Cheeseburgers in there. If the package doesn't fit all the way you can just zip it shut as far as it will allow and let the velcro do the rest. :lol:

The hard bags on that PCX in your pics remind me of the old Honda Pacific Coast. Not a bad machine at the time but it just never seemed to catch on in huge popularity. Sort of a "White Collar" machine. I remember seeing them on show room floors but hardly ever on the road. Their production run was from 1989 to 1998 with two breaks in between. :geek:
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DanFromVegas »

PCX150Rider wrote:Yup. . .know what you mean. I'm just cheap. That being said the upside to them is they have some flexibility if you try to stuff something like a full size box of White Castle Cheeseburgers in there. If the package doesn't fit all the way you can just zip it shut as far as it will allow and let the velcro do the rest. :lol:

The hard bags on that PCX in your pics remind me of the old Honda Pacific Coast. Not a bad machine at the time but it just never seemed to catch on in huge popularity. Sort of a "White Collar" machine. I remember seeing them on show room floors but hardly ever on the road. Their production run was from 1989 to 1998 with two breaks in between. :geek:
Pacific Coast was the cop bike in Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. Probably the only time one appeared on film.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Our Forum(s) owner, maddiedog once owned a Honda PC and loved it. Said he would buy another.
I never rode one myself, but on looks alone, I would try it if it presented itself.
In time everything comes around again. Doubt I'll be around for the re-make. But, one never knows.

Let's post a pic of a PC so all here know what we're mentioning (it's Not a personal computer folks :D )

1989 Pacific Coast PC800
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (87.76 KiB) Viewed 3042 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

That bike was WAY before its time. People just didn't get it and sales never took off. A magnificent design, fully covered 800cc PROVEN Honda engine. I wish Honda still produced the Pacific Coast. Looks better than a Gold Wing then, and still today. I would step away from the Precious for a new Pacific Coast or even a perfectly preserved used one. And just listen to that BEAUTIFUL sound :o o_O 8)

That's bad azz Battlestar Galactic fricking COOL!!!!!

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

While we are on the subject. . ."Stone Cold" was another great cop movie but highly underrated IMHO.

If you want to see a great retro foreign flick from the late '60s check out "The Girl on a Motorcycle". Wow. . .when Harley was pre-AMF she knew what she wanted. Here's the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rScHhkSUXo

If the name Marianne Faithful is familiar to you then you've gotta be a Stones fan. ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:That bike was WAY before its time. People just didn't get it and sales never took off. A magnificent design, fully covered 800cc PROVEN Honda engine. I wish Honda still produced the Pacific Coast. Looks better than a Gold Wing then, and still today. I would step away from the Precious for a new Pacific Coast or even a perfectly preserved used one. And just listen to that BEAUTIFUL sound :o o_O 8)

That's bad azz Battlestar Galactic fricking COOL!!!!!

I agree. And the panniers opened across the bike. You could just imaging zooming off with princess Liea on the back..

If you squint hard enough.

Wookiee for Whitenoise obv
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

That bike was WAY before its time. People just didn't get it and sales never took off. A magnificent design, fully covered 800cc PROVEN Honda engine. I wish Honda still produced the Pacific Coast. Looks better than a Gold Wing then, and still today. I would step away from the Precious for a new Pacific Coast or even a perfectly preserved used one. And just listen to that BEAUTIFUL sound :o o_O 8)
I agree. . .I'd rather ride a PC 800 than a Gold Wing. The Wing is nice but just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooo much mass for me. That video say's it all. I think I read somewhere that it was referred to as the "Station Wagon" of motorcycles.
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by DanFromVegas »

PCX150Rider wrote:
I agree. . .I'd rather ride a PC 800 than a Gold Wing. The Wing is nice but just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooo much mass for me. That video say's it all. I think I read somewhere that it was referred to as the "Station Wagon" of motorcycles.
There are lots of new bikes that come close to the PC in performance, clever packaging and utility. Anyone who calls a GoldWing a station wagon has never ridden one. It corners like a sportbike! Easily putting the footpegs on the pavement it the turns. It has double the horsepower of any Harley. I have blown out the fork seals from wheelying it. It has more storage capacity than my car (a bigger engine too!), and the most comfortable seat ever put on a bike. Mine is 12 years old and even then it had an adjustable windshield, electrically adjustable headlights, a stereo you can hear at 100 mph. There's a reason it has been the best selling touring bike for decades.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

DanFromVegas wrote: a stereo you can hear at 100 mph. There's a reason it has been the best selling touring bike for decades.
Yes all true i'm sure but when I thought it my time to look at a Harley cruiser the radio was not an optional feature. I didn't want it because technology has moved way beyond blasting speakers, we use bluetooth and intercom with better quality sound and privacy in our helmets AND that radio adds 4000.00 to the bike o_O When I said i will take the Harley without the radio... no can do. Told me all I wanted to know about Harley Davidson for the moment. Now I will give you there is a need for alternative entertainment hardware if you don't wear a helmet, but not for 4k.

The radio on a new Harley cost as much as a new PCX WITH a blue tooth helmet :D
Salesman was nice though
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

There are lots of new bikes that come close to the PC in performance, clever packaging and utility. Anyone who calls a GoldWing a station wagon has never ridden one.
It was the PC 800 that was referred to as the "Station Wagon". . .not the Wing.

But I do remember back around 1975 when the Gold Wings were first introduced to this market they were a very big deal. Riders were starting to migrate to them from other marques or trading in their Honda 750's. Nice machines indeed. They were very basic at that time. Not as fancy as the ones today. . .
Last edited by PCX150Rider on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DanFromVegas wrote:
PCX150Rider wrote:
There are lots of new bikes that come close to the PC in performance, clever packaging and utility. Anyone who calls a GoldWing a station wagon has never ridden one. It corners like a sportbike! Easily putting the footpegs on the pavement it the turns. It has double the horsepower of any Harley. I have blown out the fork seals from wheelying it. It has more storage capacity than my car (a bigger engine too!), and the most comfortable seat ever put on a bike. Mine is 12 years old and even then it had an adjustable windshield, electrically adjustable headlights, a stereo you can hear at 100 mph. There's a reason it has been the best selling touring bike for decades.
Excellent statements of your opinion but in reality a 12 year old Gold Wing probably doesn't córner like a sports bike.