Stock rims or after market rims?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Stock rims or after market rims?

Post by Brent »

Do most of you keep the original stock rims that came with the PCX150? It looks like the stock rims are quite heavy! Are there any performance or handling issues with smaller after-market rims?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Stock rims or after market rims?

Post by chicaboo »

Most aftermarket wheels are only 13", expensive and quite ugly...
This place has cheap 14" wheels: http://nolimitz-maticshop.com/en/14-hon ... erway=desc
Scroll through and find the wheels or do a search for just the wheels, but this is their entire PCX list.
There was another place in Europe that sold stock looking wheels that were wider, but very expensive.

If you're really concerned about weight, the only solution is Honda Wave 17" spoked wheels with skinny tyres.
Which unless you live in Asia or the UK you won't get easily, but that's the case for any aftermarket wheels...
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Why are there so many pcx people posting in the Forza section?

I actually need a Forza front wheel. It was bent at least 35,000 km ago. It seems to hold air perfectly so I guess it is not really a problem.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

davenowherejones wrote:Why are there so many pcx people posting in the Forza section?

I actually need a Forza front wheel. It was bent at least 35,000 km ago. It seems to hold air perfectly so I guess it is not really a problem.
Because the website is called www.hondapcx.org, so people automatically just relate everything to an Honda PCX.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I do think it would be nice if there could be some color differentiation between the sub-forums. I normally click on the yellow box of a given message after clicking on "view new posts". This takes me to the end of the thread. I can go to the top to find out what forum I'm in, but if I have something to say that step sometimes (OK - pretty much always) gets skipped.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Moved to PCX accessories.