Seat backs

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

maison
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Seat backs

Post by maison »

My wife has had two artificial knees fitted so finds it difficult to "grip" with her knees.

To keep her riding as pillion does anyone know of an easily fitted seat back to give her that little bit of extra confidence?
Richard
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Re: Seat backs

Post by Richard »

Fit a top box with backrest.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My wife found the passenger seating area to be so uncomfortable that she won't ride as a passenger, so I had to buy her a PCX for herself. Nw that she is recuperating from an accident she has been talking about how a trike would be great. There was a nice one pictured on powerbypcx.com but there is no way it could be shipped out of Thailand. Still, a trike is great for handicap people. I have seen a lot of vets riding triked motorcycles and scooters around here. It makes riding so much nicer for them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

maison wrote:My wife has had two artificial knees fitted so finds it difficult to "grip" with her knees.
To keep her riding as pillion does anyone know of an easily fitted seat back to give her that little bit of extra confidence?
My wife likes our Givi box, although I should have got the one with the padded rest on it. But there are plenty of aftermarket backrests. Do a Google image search and you will find lots of them. Those images will lead you to the sites they are available at.

Here is one from Bikerz Bits. It is priced at about $60, €55, £50
PCX Backrest.jpg
PCX Backrest.jpg (51.25 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
maison

Post by maison »

kramnala58 wrote:
maison wrote:My wife has had two artificial knees fitted so finds it difficult to "grip" with her knees.
My wife likes our Givi box, although I should have got the one with the padded rest on it. But there are plenty of aftermarket backrests. Do a Google image search and you will find lots of them. Those images will lead you to the sites they are available at.

PCX Backrest.jpg
Thank you.

I have seen the advert for that backrest but can find no details e.g. does it come with fitting instructions etc. Would you know?
maison

Post by maison »

Richard wrote:Fit a top box with backrest.
Thanks, but she finds the top box difficult when getting on.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel46 wrote:My wife found the passenger seating area to be so uncomfortable that she won't ride as a passenger, so I had to buy her a PCX for herself. Nw that she is recuperating from an accident she has been talking about how a trike would be great. There was a nice one pictured on powerbypcx.com but there is no way it could be shipped out of Thailand. Still, a trike is great for handicap people. I have seen a lot of vets riding triked motorcycles and scooters around here. It makes riding so much nicer for them.
....Mel have you seen heard, or read about the trike kit "Tow-Pac?" Be aware, they're costly. Well Heck, if it gets your wife back in the saddle again and smiling....then you can calls her "Joy!" :P I did see that they have a 14" radial package (under mini-trike).
NOTE: I don't see a kit for a PCX but they just might work that out with you or lead you in a helpful direction. Their home base is Aroma Park, Illinois, but they sell in nearby States as well.
Their website: http://towpacusa.com
See the drop down menu in upper rgt corner? Click it, then click Where to Buy. Enter your zip code.

....Hi maison :) sorry I can't be of help. I see that you're across the pond. It would be great if you could find a place like this: https://www.utpr.com that would work with you to make a backrest for your wife, or even for the both of you.
(If I were interested in one, I would use the above link's contact page and request a passenger backrest for a PCX. Or to get my wheels rolling faster :D I'd call them).

Does anyone across the pond have any suggestions or links for maison to follow? This happy couple wants to ride together. 8) Ideas?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maison

Post by maison »

WhiteNoise wrote:
Mel46 wrote:My wife found the passenger seating area to be so uncomfortable that she won't ride as a passenger, so I had to buy her a PCX for herself. Nw that she is recuperating from an accident she has been talking about how a trike would be great. There was a nice one pictured on powerbypcx.com but there is no way it could be shipped out of Thailand. Still, a trike is great for handicap people. I have seen a lot of vets riding triked motorcycles and scooters around here. It makes riding so much nicer for them.
....Mel have you seen heard, or read about the trike kit "Tow-Pac?" Be aware, they're costly. Well Heck, if it gets your wife back in the saddle again and smiling....then you can calls her "Joy!" :P I did see that they have a 14" radial package (under mini-trike).
NOTE: I don't see a kit for a PCX but they just might work that out with you or lead you in a helpful direction. Their home base is Aroma Park, Illinois, but they sell in nearby States as well.
See the drop down menu in upper rgt corner? Click it, then click Where to Buy. Enter your zip code.

....Hi maison :) sorry I can't be of help. I see that you're across the pond. It would be great if you could find a place like this: https://www.utpr.com that would work with you to make a backrest for your wife, or even for the both of you.
(If I were interested in one, I would use the above link's contact page and request a passenger backrest for a PCX. Or to get my wheels rolling faster :D I'd call them).

Does anyone across the pond have any suggestions or links for maison to follow? This happy couple wants to ride together. 8) Ideas?
Many thanks for the thoughts.

We will keep looking! :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

maison wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:
PCX Backrest.jpg
Thank you.
I have seen the advert for that backrest but can find no details e.g. does it come with fitting instructions etc. Would you know?
I don't know what they come with. You would have to go to each web site to see if there is a 'Contact' link.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That Tow-Pac sight is interesting. The Minitrike they show is a Burgman, which is what my wife has been looking at. The Micotrike, unfortunately is for scooters under 150cc, which would leave the PCX out. Still, it has some good pictures and gives us some inspiration. Thanks for the link!

I just remembered that I did see some post on this forum from California where someone triked their PCX, so it can be done. I just don't know how.

Found the link: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ilit=Trike
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Mel46 wrote: I just remembered that I did see some post on this forum from California where someone triked their PCX, so it can be done. I just don't know how.

Found the link: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ilit=Trike
That is not a trike, it's a normal PCX with trainer wheels...
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:

Might be expensive but if it's affordable to get riding again I'd call it an investment
Scoobscoot
Color: RED

Post by Scoobscoot »

There was a PCX looking trike for sale in the Green Bay, WI area a few months ago

I was going to make a post back then asking about it but never did, however since the subject popped up I will share the pics here

Looks to have a km speedo/odo so maybe imported?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I posted this on August 20 last year from a local Gumtree ad on the Gold Coast and it didn't get much interest...
Just Google "Honda PCX trike" and you will get lots of hits, even sidecars.
chicaboo wrote:Image
vamootsman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by vamootsman »

maison wrote:
Richard wrote:Fit a top box with backrest.
Thanks, but she finds the top box difficult when getting on.
Put it on the Centerstand and let her get on first.
2013 PCX 150 with,
Givi Tall Screen, and E370 Top Case
NCY Variator and Face Plate, 12 gram rollers
Takagawa Silent Oval Exhaust, K&N R1100 pod filter mod
YSS XL Rear Shock Absorbers Michelin City Grip 120/70 Front 140/70 Rear
2013 Honda CB500X with Rally Raid kit
2005 Piaggio X9 500 Evolution
1982 Honda CX500 Turbo
1983 Honda Nighthawk S