2017 PCX Mirror Extension

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

2017 PCX Mirror Extension

Post by Rick54 »

Sitting on my new 2017 PCX that sits in the garage, due to snow, I notice my right mirror allows me to see what's coming up on my right just fine. My left mirror allows me to only see my arm and shoulder. I've looked at the mirror extension threads on the forum which addresses this problem way back to 2013. Not wanting to start out cutting and cobbling, is there a source for longer rods to solve this problem? I'm surprised that after all these years, Honda hasn't remedied this annoying problem!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: 2017 PCX Mirror Extension

Post by homie »

Rick54 wrote:Sitting on my new 2017 PCX I'm surprised that after all these years, Honda hasn't remedied this annoying problem!
And they never will, target market is an Asian person with narrow shoulders in a tropical geography where no one wears a heavy jacket and lane splitting is legal and necessary. Consider bar-end mirrors and better yet get ones that fold up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZL ... ge_o04_s00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4vpDdGUsw
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZL ... ge_o04_s00

Homie, are you suggesting the above mirror for the PCX? Seems there is a tightening concern with the mirror. Or is there another brand that you prefer? Regards
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Yes the link is the set I've purchased for both my bikes. After a few rides you get comfortable with bar-ends but its not without a little conditioning. Absolutely you will need to follow the tips and tricks mentioned in this forum for removing the stock ends. Tapping them first with a plastic mallet, using the proper cross tip bit size and committing to the destruction of the OEM stock ends by removing with vise grips if needed. Note stock ends are replaceable and available for little money if you resort to twisting them loose and tossing them out... same as if you dropped your bike and damaged them. Bar-end mirrors solve the problem for corn feed broad shouldered American riders from Michigan :)
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Thanks for the advice! I was looking at the CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter Bar End Mirror sold by RevZilla, any thoughts on those as if they'd fit on a PCX?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Love the YouTube video, many thanks. And those mirrors in the video are the ones you list above from Amazon?

And would this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAOqzD7McQ show exactly how my PCX would come apart? Probably going to have to find an impact Philips screw driver socket for my impact gun to get the thing off.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Rick54 wrote: Those mirrors in the video are the ones you list above from Amazon?
Yes, I used that Amazon link to purchase both sets. If I could improve on them at all after spending much time searching I think they could be a little more convex but this might be something that fish eye stick-on mirrors used on my truck makes me come to expect. That would be wrong if too convex but you certainly don't want flat rear view mirrors.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Other options that help with visibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE--XSH5kpQ

Note: the spreaders shown on the table may not be what came out with the OEM bar-ends. These are most likely optional adapters in common sizes supplied by the kit. I believe you can leave the original spreaders inside when installing the new bar-end mirrors because the screw is the same size :)
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Any chance somebody might be able to supply an answer to the correct size Internal Adapter For CRG Bar End Mirror, 7/8" or 1" for the 2017 PCX 150?