Honda Rear Trunk Lock for PCX 2017

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Honda Rear Trunk Lock for PCX 2017

Post by Rick54 »

A month or so ago I picked up my new 2017 PCX from the dealer who also installed the Honda rear trunk for me. Playing around with the bike in the garage while waiting for the spring thaw and snow melt, I was toying around with the key lock. It appears that the only function of the lock is to lock the box to the plate on the bike. The lock doesn't seem to lock the lid on the trunk from being opened. I wanted to check with other Honda trunk owners to see if this is truly the function of the lock. It didn't seem to lock the finger latch from being pulled down and allowing for the lid to be opened.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Honda Rear Trunk Lock for PCX 2017

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Rick, sorry to read you're disappointed. Perhaps take a minute now to look n read about the trunk you had installed. Then you'll have a better understanding of Why there is No lock on your trunk where You expected it to be.
From Honda PowerSports Docs, I bring you their installation instructions:
http://powersports.honda.com/documentum ... -A51ZA.pdf
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

WhiteNoise, No, I'm not disappointed. I just want to be sure that I'm not doing something wrong, and that the trunk lid is designed not to lock. From what I see, the lock is only to lock the trunk to the mounting plate so nobody walks off with the whole trunk!
As for security, should I need to lock anything up, I can always put it in the seat compartment. Just wanted to be sure this is the way the trunk is intended to function.

Regards
Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Rick54 »

Problem solved! On taking a closer look at the locking mechanism, there is a metal pawl that turns onto the top latching mechanism when you turn the key. The plastic was too new and not allowing an easy movement of the pawl. Working it a few times solved the problem and loosened things up a bit.
Ralf_CT
Year: 2012 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by Ralf_CT »

For what it's worth, my recently bought PCX 150 came with a Honda top box. I made a fool of myself at the local Honda dealer when I told him something's missing in the mechanism as I can't lock my top box ... he then told me about the strange latching mechanism which must be pushed towards the front of the bike to latch the lid, after which it can be locked. According to him I wasn't the first to question this mechanism. :)
Pearl White, 2012 Honda PCX150, 8,550kms... and increasing slowly.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Ralf_CT wrote:..... I made a fool of myself ........ According to him I wasn't the first to question this mechanism. :)
Been there, done that ....... on both accounts. ;) :lol: Is it, great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ? :oops:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Ralf_CT
Year: 2012 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by Ralf_CT »

kramnala58 wrote:
Ralf_CT wrote:..... I made a fool of myself ........ According to him I wasn't the first to question this mechanism. :)
Been there, done that ....... on both accounts. ;) :lol: Is it, great minds think alike, or fools seldom differ? :oops:
Both. :)
Pearl White, 2012 Honda PCX150, 8,550kms... and increasing slowly.