Police Bike Store - Lights and more

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Police Bike Store - Lights and more

Post by WhiteNoise »

http://www.policebikestore.com

We're talking lights again! Cool! If it's about safety, I dig it :P
I just ran across the website I posted above and thought I'd share it. Hey, if it works for the police, why not us? Don't know If We can use their mix of "colors" though. Might have to investigate that. Doubt it. Why would we want that anyway? Hmm... :roll:

Just a note: Some of their bar mounted led lights have actual videos. So scroll down the individual pages before moving on to the next item.
I like them, esp the bar light that shoots out the sides as well as forward.

This one: http://www.policebikestore.com/Merchant ... r600-light

I had a Bell mounted led light on my bars awhile back (2011 pcx). It was affordable, handy and easily removed (a mere clip fastens it to it's bar bracket). The light was battery operated, (the batteries lasted long enough for me) it was bright and had several flash/non-flash functions. Later I removed it and put it on my bicycle.
Another thought to having this type of lighting is that you can quickly disengage it, and use it as a flashlight, or to find your keyhole in the dark. Flash it for help.

Truth: A black glove slid off my scoot one night in someone's yard...hello! Flashlight. Found!
Another time, I dropped money...hello! Flashlight. Found!

I have a mini led light on my keyring now, but I'm still going to consider this type again and remove the extra mini weight.

Opinions? It's easy right? I Know member GatorGreg likes it! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Police Bike Store - Lights and more

Post by you you »

Why have a flashlight when you have a phone?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Oooh , I want a Smith & Wesson pedally
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Whitenoise .... I am thinking of getting one of the bicycle type lights and fastening to the back of my helmet. The question is, do you think it would be seen in daylight, or jst for night riding.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

Interesting.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I saw an advertisement for a Bluetooth stoplight that attaches to your Helmet and lights up when you press the brake. I wonder how well that would work out.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:Why have a flashlight when you have a phone?
"ET Phone Home"
Phone is always carried. I downloaded a flashlight app and liked having it at first, but it wasn't long before I realized it ate up battery life. A phone is a phone is a phone...to be used as such (and to search the www, and text, play games of course :D (whilst stationary folks, not rolling).
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Mel46 wrote:I saw an advertisement for a Bluetooth stoplight that attaches to your Helmet and lights up when you press the brake. I wonder how well that would work out.
Mel, cool! can you find out more....Product Name, website, link perhaps?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Lights, lights and More Lights! Bring 'em on!

First visual impression...Very Cool.
Tron style
Illuminate your helmet with Lightmode:
http://www.lightmodehelmets.com/ks-home#ks-2016

Another Tron choice...
El Wire:
Brought to you by The Bad Ass Helmet Store:
http://badasshelmetstore.com/helmet-lig ... like-tron/
Check out their Crazy smiley helmets while you're there. STRANGE. (Lotsa BIG Teeth) haha, Now you'll look! :D

In addition, Wouldn't you still want a bright small strip of Red (LED) flashing lights on the back? They Might be seen better from a distance. Then the night driver from behind, would see your neon's as they got closer to you. I'm just talking it out folks
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kramnala58 wrote:Whitenoise .... I am thinking of getting one of the bicycle type lights and fastening to the back of my helmet. The question is, do you think it would be seen in daylight, or just for night riding.
Which one do you have in mind kram, anyone in particular, or from the police store or other? The Police store have a few. Some of them sense when you stop moving, then they go from flash mode to steady solid.
Not too expensive to try, but you do want them to be seen before anyone is on top of you o_O

Seen In the Daylight? Hmm, I have no experience with one. Best bet is to ask an avid cyclist (online forum?) or stop in and ask a Knowledgable bicycle store manager/salesmen. I'm sure they have their favorite's and an answer.

I like the helmet light idea too, but it Must be light-weight. My neck is beat up by drivers hitting me in the rear (car to car - whiplash) over the years. Don't want a diving lid on me noggin :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

kram, I hope you're coming back and reading this page. Look what I just found on Amazon 8)

https://www.amazon.com/LightRider-Motor ... ights&th=1

2 options to power it, rechargeable battery or motorcycle/scooter powered. Available in several colors.
(To Anyone interested, make sure to check your local regulations using these lights).

Scroll down that page to the reviews, then click on the customer images.
That's one cool retro (comeback) flaked helmet! and he matched his bike!

homie, check the yella color! This too can be yours! (Or is it? :D )
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:P More helmet lighting: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/aar ... light.html

Click and Enlarge the photos. You can also watch a quick video, just Scroll down and hit play.

Interested? Here's their installation guide (pdf): http://www.motorcyclegear.com/neml_imag ... otoglo.pdf

Sold also at the Big "A": Amazon (for a bit less):
https://www.amazon.com/Whistler-Motoglo ... B00I902DUI