Handguards

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Handguards

Post by outlander »

What handguards work with one inch risers and the givi tall windshield?

I want some handguards that attach to the handlebars but do not go in the bar ends.

The reason I want them is to provide a buffer between the levers and large windprotectors.
Dangermouse
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Handguards

Post by Dangermouse »

Did you find any?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I looked a lot for handguards when I had the GIVI tall windshield and couldn't find any. I actually bought a smaller windshield primarily with the intent to find and add handguards that wouldn't have fit with the tall windshield.

When you mention the risers, are you talking about the mirror risers that come with the Givi kit or separate handlebar risers? Regardless, you can adjust the angle of the handlebars to remove the Givi mirror risers and still have clearance, which gives you a bit more room for handguards (though I still had no success finding ones that wouldn't BONK the windshield).
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
jcarcinogen
Year: 2016
Color: Grey

Post by jcarcinogen »

I have Powermadd Sentinel handguards installed and they only bonk the stock windscreen on my pcx at an extreme angle, never when I'm actually riding. I think that is going to be the case with and handguards because of the narrow handlebars, especially with a taller/wider windscreen.

Image Image
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I made some handguards that attach at the mirror and they worked fine. My wife used them for a full fall season, before her accident. I was trying to find the web link but haven't found it so far. If I find it I will give you the link. They are easy to build.
I think this is the link.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Motorcy ... ersion-21/
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
u33db
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Post by u33db »

Is the point of this to keep your hands warm?

If so I have a set of these fitted to mine;

Malossi 10.5g rollers
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Malossi yellow variator spring
HJC wind screen