Winter Battery Care

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Rick54
Regular User
Regular User

Winter Battery Care

Post by Rick54 »

Living in Michigan, I can see winter temperature drops down to zero or less. For those of you who also live in cold climates, what special care do you give your battery? Do you keep it hooked to a trickle charger during the winter months?

Regards
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Re: Winter Battery Care

Post by BobS »

You should use a battery tender rather than a trickle charger. A tender shuts off when the battery is full, while a trickle charger does not - and will overcharge the battery.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Battery Tender Jr. - Read here Rick: http://www.batterytender.com/Motorcycle/
I've used the same Jr. model over the years on shift and auto bikes. It's a fav among many riders, does the job and it's affordable. Sweet.
Want one? You can buy one @ Walmart in their Auto Dept.
or online. Save $$ ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Sandymay
Scooter Sandy
Scooter Sandy
Year: 2015
Color: Bronze

Post by Sandymay »

WhiteNoise wrote:Battery Tender Jr. - Read here Rick: http://www.batterytender.com/Motorcycle/
I've used the same Jr. model over the years on shift and auto bikes. It's a fav among many riders, does the job and it's affordable. Sweet.
Want one? You can buy one @ Walmart in their Auto Dept.
or online. Save $$ ;)
Thanks....another item for my wish list. :)
WI_Hedgehog