PCX 150 trike

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: PCX 150 trike

Post by Mel46 »

I could see my wife riding the ones with the two wheels in back, but I am not sure about the two up front. Maybe the MP3 might be worth looking at, but otherwise there are a few things she wants from the trike that the two-in-the-back might give her. First of all, she does not want to have to put on boots with 3" heels & 2' soles every time she wants to go riding. Second, she wants to be able to take a dog or two along occasionally, which means attaching a pet crate or two, which is doable on a trike. Third, she has a problem when the bike comes to a stop at a stop sign in which she has to turn right. Many times there is road debris on the side and she has to be careful that her foot does not slip when she puts it down. On a trike she does not have to worry about it. Essentially, she wants to ride but doesn't want to have to worry about how to. :-/ I know, that's not really riding, but what can I say...
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Mel46 wrote:I could see my wife riding the ones with the two wheels in back, but I am not sure about the two up front. Maybe the MP3 might be worth looking at, but otherwise there are a few things she wants from the trike that the two-in-the-back might give her. First of all, she does not want to have to put on boots with 3" heels & 2' soles every time she wants to go riding. Second, she wants to be able to take a dog or two along occasionally, which means attaching a pet crate or two, which is doable on a trike. Third, she has a problem when the bike comes to a stop at a stop sign in which she has to turn right. Many times there is road debris on the side and she has to be careful that her foot does not slip when she puts it down. On a trike she does not have to worry about it. Essentially, she wants to ride but doesn't want to have to worry about how to. :-/ I know, that's not really riding, but what can I say...
You might want to find a dealer that offers some training or advice for the differences riding a trike.
Consider a 45mph long winding road. At what point does the trike start to understeer because it can't lean?
Now consider that road has wet or slippery patches under trees or where water naturally crosses it.
How does counter-steering work with 2 wheels at the back? I know how it works when they're at the front.
There's probably a tonne of Youtube videos on the subject...?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! UPDATING REQUESTED!
I'm Still liking yer trike and want to Hear and See more of it. Quite a bit of time has passed, I hope all is well (the holidays bring us much joy but sadly....sorrow too). But, Lets not go there....

Let's Go Here Instead! :D
Please Update Us sfscoot. Where you at in 2018 on your trike? How about that rear bumper? Did you solve that Puzzle? If so, can we See it? And of course by now, you ditched that rear tag and frame.

It's winter, we're looking forward to Spring riding (some, are still riding - burrr) in the meantime we gaze, and dream about bikes n builds, we tinker about and do "stuff." So it is.

But, one thing we most certainly love is Photos and of course reading how You got Winter Fun Done :P

Please come back and un-bore this bored winter frozen moderator. Toss some glimmer back into mine eyes. Unveil thy Trike. Again 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Cgmitchell
Year: 150
Color: White

Post by Cgmitchell »

sfscoot wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:40 pm I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just bought a 2017 PCX 150 and wanted to make it into kind of a mini Goldwing. I just posted this in case others are interested. Before the haters get started I needed to trike it do to a disability. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I would love to find an axle kit for it insted of the bolt on kit. anyone know where i could find one ?

I LOVE this trike!!! Could you please tell me what kits you used to create this awesome scooter? The trike kit, the trunk storage with back rest and the side storage compartments? I want to put one together and yours is absolutely awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
op3l
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by op3l »

Nice.

I see here in Vietnam they have conversions where they turn it into a CanAm Spyder.