PCX 150 trike

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

sfscoot
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

PCX 150 trike

Post by sfscoot »

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just bought a 2017 PCX 150 and wanted to make it into kind of a mini Goldwing. I just posted this in case others are interested. Before the haters get started I needed to trike it do to a disability. I hope you enjoy the pictures. I would love to find an axle kit for it insted of the bolt on kit. anyone know where i could find one ? :)
Attachments
trike5.jpg
trike5.jpg (160.21 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
trike4.jpg
trike4.jpg (242.08 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
trike2.jpg
trike2.jpg (236.57 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: PCX 150 trike

Post by Jge64 »

Very nicely done....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

I have got to know where you live so I can come over and have a ride!!!
NO HATING on this man... so cool 8) really like what you have done. Some good O'l American ingenuity... you have skills and I bow to the master. Adding you to the PCX whisper'ers for sure.
Last edited by homie on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

Thank you Jge64, it is my first ever build (on anything) and I only started 10 days ago. I know it need more details. it is basically a work in progress. But the compliment is very appreciated. :)
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

thank you homie you are very kind. :) I live just outside of San Francisco. This is my first attempt at this am glad to see others liked my vision.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

sfscoot wrote:thank you homie you are very kind. :) I live just outside of San Francisco. This is my first attempt at this am glad to see others liked my vision.
The few Honda PCX trike conversions I see on google look modular and un-integrated with undesirable results finding yours clearly superior in symmetry and design. This isn't your first custom conversion trike build is it ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=scooter ... ke&imgrc=_
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

homie actually it is my first bike build of any kind. You guys made my day. I was hoping others would get my vision on it :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

sfscoot wrote:homie actually it is my first bike build of any kind. You guys made my day. I was hoping others would get my vision on it :)
We are easy to please here in the little Honda forum :lol: But taking a brand new bike and redesigning it to something that interesting (plus we are an older collection of riders) does warrant proper recognition in here. This might be old hat over at Harley but you are the first here at PCX/4Z forum. Come join in the fun around here and no one gets angry about anything or WhiteNoise will drop the hammer.

Maybe we can get a drive by action video like this with the trike featured. The back of the bike, any footage you took whilst putting her together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUWesV0RiXI
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

Thanks again for the wonderful welcome. I am a bit older too , 50 next week. I am still working on a fender for the back and want to strengthen the frame a bit (that is the work in progress) . i will try to get that done and post it up . there is rain called for here all weekend but i will try to post up as soon as i can get it done. Most of this was simple cheap parts. The rear box $65 on amazon mounted to a bracket i found online from revzilla. cheap $40 side bags from ebay. I used bed liner paint for fenders and actually on what were once white wheels. I wanted the fenders to match the mat black plastic on side of bike. and hubcaps from a place i found online trailer parts superstore. Most of these usually bolt to center kickstand but i did not like that and I had it long enough to get to frame in front. I used marine bolts (3500 pound rated) to mount to frame. The side bags mount to fender supports so in the end most everything could be removed and the bike is still stock if I needed to take it back to two wheels :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Woot! Me too, I like what I see! 8)
Stretch that Blue and we'll All get on board! :lol:
Kudo's for solving and creating a PCX (the newest) that will get you/&/keep you riding. I'll be tailing gating this thread for sure. Appreciate the pics & look forward to more.
I tip my hat to you ;)

A tricked out PCX ~ Trike Style! Stay Tuned Peeps!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red white

Post by relic »

No hater here-but that square tubing under the centre of bike looks like maybe a problem
like WhiteNoise I'm going to be tailgating
and just to show my appreciation for your sharing I'm going to do my best to redirect some of the extra BC
rain this weekend to some of the drier parts of California
looking forward to your description of the rear axle assembly
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome, and thanks for joining us!

Haters? Who in the world could hate this, particularly with your reason for doing the build? Good on you! Congrats!

I am especially impressed that you have done it yourself (as opposed to getting a shop to do it), and it is your first build of this sort.

As you put some miles on it, keep us posted with the pros and cons. I would interested in knowing what the top speed is running on three wheels as opposed to two.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I short while ago someone posted a picture of a triked PCX in Australia. I liked the concept, as did my wife, but it did not look solid like yours does. I am sure that when I show this picture to my wife she will want one. She has a beautiful 2013, as do I. Unfortunately, she is short (5 ft tall) and has a problem when stopping because she couldn't reach the ground except on tip toes. So, I purchased Takegawa Lowering Shocks, bought a lower custom seat from Thailand, and bought her some 3 inch high soled boots. Now she can reach the ground, but once we arrived anywhere in which she will be walking around for more than 5 minutes, she changes out of the boots and into a pair of shoes she keeps under the seat. She says that it would be great if they offered a triked version of the PCX. Well, here it is. Thanks for the pictures. It is beautiful. I only have one question. How is it with all those hills in that area? One of my daughters lives in San Francisco and we have visited her in the past. I can't even imagine a two wheeled version of the PCX getting up those hills!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

That looks really nice!
(I especially like the color ;) )
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

sorry for slow replies here, i have a bit going on but will try to get the back the way i want it and will try to post up pics around Monday . I do want to thank you all for the support. I don't have any biker friends and you guys are giving me some very much needed encouragement. once i get it right i do promise a drive by probably sometime next week. thank you all i really do appreciate it.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

That is awesome in so many ways.
aka DrewJW
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

Hello all, This is still a work in progress but I did work on the pole tabs on back of bike over the weekend. The fenders are narrow on purpose. I plan to use rubber trim on inside of fender to widen them to help protect box. The idea was if I decide to switch to a narrow 12 inch wheel the fenders where not too wide. I will need to straighten a few things i know that already hehe but the ride is good. these are the back of bike pics . I am still trying to decide what kind of bumper I want to make for it. (the containers hold baby Chameleons my supervisors for this project.) I am still waiting on my new licence plates the plate on it is not an advertisement, it is the dealer temp plate as it is a new bike.
Attachments
back2.jpg
back2.jpg (236.43 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
back1.jpg
back1.jpg (237.25 KiB) Viewed 4088 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

All this time I was trying to understand how an axle could have gotten around the CVT. It never occurred to me the original rear wheel was still on the ground. Add on tires, heck can you lift that off and drive away on two wheels again? That would be funny LOL

Very cleaver photographs had me going for days... BIG FUN! Fooled all you whisper'ers, don't even act like you knew this was how he did it :lol: :lol: :lol:
I SEE YOU REAR TIRE!
Attachments
trike2.jpg
trike2.jpg (183.78 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
sfscoot

Post by sfscoot »

Ummm Homie my first post said " I would love to find an axle kit for it instead of the bolt on kit." I never said it was anything but bolt on . In a later post I said it could be removed and returned to stock. Sorry if you feel misled I was quite upfront about it :)
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

Fanciest training wheels I've ever seen :-)