Clock for the PCX

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Clock for the PCX

Post by you you »

Just bought a clock for the bike from

http://www.clocks4bikes.com/

Great product and amazing service, as only the North Americans can do, from Linda and Ross

Faultless from beginning to end

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Clock for the PCX

Post by Alibally »

I got one off the them last year. Top quality and great service. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Clock for the PCX

Post by you you »

Alibally wrote:I got one off the them last year. Top quality and great service. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

I've no complaints.
ptmcd1

Post by ptmcd1 »

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w48 ... G_0025.jpg
standard watch of your choice with a little velcro on the back
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

or go analogue with an old watch you no longer use ;)

IMG_0170 by TazPCX, on Flickr
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

It does look good, indeed. I won't order one, though, because I usually wear a wrist watch (and check what the time is at traffic lights) and I don't feel like using that gap in the handlebar because I'm still trying to figure out what kind of holder, bag, or whatever I might use to put my mobile phone in and use the sat nav feature those times you need it. So far I haven't seen anything of my liking :cry: .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:It does look good, indeed. I won't order one, though, because I usually wear a wrist watch (and check what the time is at traffic lights) .

But in sunny Yorkshire the wristwatch is generally under quite a bit of clothing....
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

qed wrote:
Cascanciu wrote:It does look good, indeed. I won't order one, though, because I usually wear a wrist watch (and check what the time is at traffic lights) .

But in sunny Yorkshire the wristwatch is generally under quite a bit of clothing....
i was going to say this, i cant get to my watch once my gear is on, glad mine has a clock built in to the dash
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

qed wrote:

And believe me that I understand :lol: . 22 ºC out there right now, and sunny skies. But come here in February, and you'll find our weather somehow similar to your Yorkshire weather. We don't get that much sun here in the north of Spain.

My Yorkshire Terrier, sitting beside me right now, agrees with me ;) .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:
qed wrote:

And believe me that I understand :lol: . 22 ºC out there right now, and sunny skies. But come here in February, and you'll find our weather somehow similar to your Yorkshire weather. We don't get that much sun here in the north of Spain.

My Yorkshire Terrier, sitting beside me right now, agrees with me ;) .

Have you moved out there permanently?
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Yep, qed. I was born here, lived in Barcelona from 3 months old up to 9 years old, then moved back here. I have lived and worked in other provinces (and countries) but family is here, friends are here, and even though we don't have the best weather (by Spanish standards) this is a great place to live for a good number of reasons.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:Yep, qed. I was born here, lived in Barcelona from 3 months old up to 9 years old, then moved back here. I have lived and worked in other provinces (and countries) but family is here, friends are here, and even though we don't have the best weather (by Spanish standards) this is a great place to live for a good number of reasons.

We fancy moving to the greener part of Spain in the next five years, once the kids have left ( :roll: ). Were already four years into an applied Spanish degree by way of preparation.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

It's a good idea. This is quite peaceful, lively, safe, people is nice, there aren't too many tourists, food is excellent, prices are reasonable and for en Englishman, the weather will be quite mild. Still, during winter it's possible to see rain on a daily basis during two or three weeks, and overcast in the sky is quite common. I know people from the south who get frustrated at this, I have no problem :lol: .
HawaiiJ
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by HawaiiJ »

Ok, I'll bring this back to the OP's topic.The clock is a outstanding quality addition to the PCX. But with hat being said, I have not worn a watch in over 12 months and really don't need to be anywhere or be on time. Retirement changes one's perspective.

But, if I was comutting to work i would buy one and it would look Ike it came on the bike as original equipment because it is a top notch accessory.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I used to use a nurse's fob watch velcro'd to the fuel filler with the fob tucked under the fuel filler.
It was a very cheapie chinesey job and chucked it the other week.
I now have a bicycle computer mounted on the handlebars.
£6.99 Lidl ;)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I used to use a nurse's fob watch velcro'd to the fuel filler with the fob tucked under the fuel filler.
It was a very cheapie chinesey job and chucked it the other week.
I now have a bicycle computer mounted on the handlebars.
£6.99 Lidl ;)

I love Lidl
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

Whens the Lidl and Aldi bike gear sales on?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Usually in the spring.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
louthepoo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by louthepoo »

That's a bugger I want some new boots! Mind you they have the lidl clearance around by us in the autumn, everything is massively reduced! Usually from 50% to 80%
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Could be some bargains coming up at Hein Gericke, they have gone into administration.