A tiny bit stupid

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

A tiny bit stupid

Post by GeorgeSK »

Mostly a cautionary tale...

Nice warm day. Parked at a student's home and opened the seat. Took gloves off, sunglasses, helmet, kneepads out, bookbag out of scoot, then jacket off. Way up a driveway, so nobody will mess with the scoot or my stuff, so I just tossed my jacket over the seat and went on my way.

Came back and found that the zipper had landed on the muffler, and was now a melted blob of nylon. Growl. At least I had wrecked something replaceable ($35, but way better than a new jacket) - on my way home I was thankful that a sleeve or some other non-replaceable bit was not ruined.

Note to self - muffler is really hot.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: A tiny bit stupid

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:Mostly a cautionary tale...

Nice warm day. Parked at a student's home and opened the seat. Took gloves off, sunglasses, helmet, kneepads out, bookbag out of scoot, then jacket off. Way up a driveway, so nobody will mess with the scoot or my stuff, so I just tossed my jacket over the seat and went on my way.

Came back and found that the zipper had landed on the muffler, and was now a melted blob of nylon. Growl. At least I had wrecked something replaceable ($35, but way better than a new jacket) - on my way home I was thankful that a sleeve or some other non-replaceable bit was not ruined.

Excellent. Good advice. Learn everyone
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:Mostly a cautionary tale...

Are your sunglasses safe. It's important
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Hang jacket from handlebar.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

gn2 wrote:Hang jacket from handlebar.
So the fuel filter is fine then?
aka DrewJW
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

DrewJW wrote:
gn2 wrote:Hang jacket from handlebar.
So the fuel filter is fine then?
You've lost me :?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Me lost too. But indeed, GN2, I usually hang it from the mirror or perhap the grip. Just that one day you do something different...

And You², the shades are safe. Absolutely crucial. And safe.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

After having a jacket stolen -- I hung it from the handlebar, just went in the store for a few minutes --- I now lock it under my seat. I thought most bikers were an honest community but there's always a rotten fruit in the basket.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Dustoff66 wrote:After having a jacket stolen -- I hung it from the handlebar, just went in the store for a few minutes --- I now lock it under my seat. I thought most bikers were an honest community but there's always a rotten fruit in the basket.
May be anyone passing by thought they would have that.
Nexxiss
Year: 2015
Color: black

Post by Nexxiss »

I almost had the same with the cover- so i wait 15 before covering it :-)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have found in my area that people will steal anything they think they can get a few dollars for. Not only are there druggies, but also dishonest young people who have not been taught the basic commandments, like Do Not Steal. Heck, my youngest son is 31 now and still thinks it is OK to steal. He was raised by his mother without influence from me.. I wonder where he got the idea the stealing is OK??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I have found in my area that people will steal anything they think they can get a few dollars for. Not only are there druggies, but also dishonest young people who have not been taught the basic commandments, like Do Not Steal. Heck, my youngest son is 31 now and still thinks it is OK to steal. He was raised by his mother without influence from me.. I wonder where he got the idea the stealing is OK??

How is your drug bill going?
WI_Hedgehog