Visiting the UK from Thailand - anyone want any small bits?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

bikeypikey

Visiting the UK from Thailand - anyone want any small bits?

Post by bikeypikey »

I'll be visiting family in the UK (Poole, Dorset) early in July and am likely to have a bit of space in my suitcase. PM me if any of you UK PCX riders would like any small stuff bringing over as I know it's a lot cheaper here than there. I'm thinking badges, levers, small covers, footboards e.t.c, not big stuff like tyres, headlights or lumps of engine. I'll add 5% handling charge to the Thai price to cover my costs/efforts.

For payment, if it is small, I can pay up front and when I get to England, can work out at the post office how much the total is then post it on receipt of funds to my UK bank account. First come, first served as I have a bit of space, not loads.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Visiting the UK from Thailand - anyone want any small bi

Post by TC3 »

Very generous of you to offer Pikey. Might take you up on that offer so will let you know later. Is there any website you know of that i could look at prices similar to what you get the items for out there?
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Google "pcxclub thailand" and that takes you to a forum. At the top of the forum is the advertisers/sponsors logos - click on them and you can see pics of all the stuff. I've used "Furie Shop" to get some stuff and have been happy with their service. Like I say, small items only and if you let me know what you want and they're not too costly, I can order them with my Thai bank card and you can pay me back plus 5% and postage.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Thankyou Pikey I will take a look once back home :-)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Pikey am liking this chrome effect exhaust garnish from Furii but

This one from New Parts has the PCX word on it however i can not see a price. Would you be able to find out what this one costs please?

Any experience with either of these in terms of finish quality. I know it wont be brilliant but i expect it to be decent
Thanks for your help :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

GAH I wish you were in the USA. I'd totally have you pick up a set of hard side cases for me, then pay you back. I don't think it's worth it with shipping though, sadly. :(
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Tony, I got your PM but can't work out how to reply so let's keep it all transparent and just use the board so as others can benefit too. I couldn't find the one you spec'd with a price but TBH, didn't look too hard (that's your job!) but my wife has something similar on her 150 and it's made of kind of chromed plastic so I'd imagine it'd be priced around 300 - 400 baht - (6 - 8 quid). If you can find it amongst the dealers on pcxclubthailand, I'll order it and meanwhile, I will look in the one PCX performance shop we have here in Chiang Mai and let you know.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Ok i found the first one i show a pic of by going on the pcxclubthailand site and clicking on the Furii link. Then i went onto the 2nd page of the post about Furii stuff and it is about 17 items down from the top as you scroll down. Price is between 350-450 from what i can see depending on finish.

The other two pics are of the one with the PCX logo on it and this is the one i would prefer if it is similar price. I found that one by clicking on the New Parts vendor link. It is on the 2nd page and about 7 items down.

I expected it to be plastic with a chrome finish and not to fussed as long as it looks ok :)
Yeah please let me know what you find in the local shop too. If you see any black Koso imitation mirrors at the local shop would be interested in seeing what they look like. Not keen on the Koso style that has a curved stem though. I will ask a member in Thailand who has the mirrors i like to send me a pic to show you. Would mirrors be too heavy you think?

Thanks for your trouble :)
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Hi Tony,

I'll have a look for those - meanwhile I found this one locally for 650 baht (about 13 quid). Made of metal and anodized. Any good?

It's been raining a bit here today (monsoon season) so I've not been able to get out like I wanted to.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Metal finish is good but not keen on the andodised finish. Thanks for posting the pic though. Still waiting for pics of the mirrors on the guys bike to show you.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Bikey I have found mirrors out here I like. If you can get a price for the New Parts chrome trim that has a pcx logo and it is reasonable that would be great thanks :-)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Tony, I bought mine here: http://www.hondapcxcbr125forum.com/

They speak english, but use Google Translate to register...
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Registration takes a few days apparently. Cant find the area of the site where they sell stuff ... hard to navigate that site Dave or i am just thick :)
pony

Post by pony »

Hi Bikeypikey
I am looking for a handle bar clamp that uses the standatd four screws.
Like this one http://japan.webike.net/products/9675586.html
I want to put a watch in the middle of it, but i cant find one in the uk.
Do you think you can get the brown one, and how much?
Thanks Pony
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

pony wrote:Hi Bikeypikey
I am looking for a handle bar clamp that uses the standatd four screws.
Like this one http://japan.webike.net/products/9675586.html
I want to put a watch in the middle of it, but i cant find one in the uk.
Do you think you can get the brown one, and how much?
Thanks Pony
Brown one is 450THB or just under a tenner plus postage. Have a look here (halfway down the page under "accessories") and maybe think about getting the matching brake reservoir cover for 200THB and the exhaust end cap for 680THB. Let me know and I'll order it.

http://www.pcxclubthailand.com/forum/in ... 1#msg71911

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hi Pikey
I have had a change of mind in regards to a chrome trim. I am hoping you have not ordered anything yet. The exhaust needs a trim to finish it and i am liking the shiney black finish here. It is something different. I do not mind the small logo as on the chrome trim but am not keen on the white company logo and wording. Can you maybe findout if this is a sticker that can peel off? If so this is what i would like to go with. Apologies for giving you the run around....

bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

TC3 wrote:Hi Pikey
I have had a change of mind in regards to a chrome trim. I am hoping you have not ordered anything yet. The exhaust needs a trim to finish it and i am liking the shiney black finish here. It is something different. I do not mind the small logo as on the chrome trim but am not keen on the white company logo and wording. Can you maybe findout if this is a sticker that can peel off? If so this is what i would like to go with. Apologies for giving you the run around....

Hi Tony,

Nothing ordered yet as I am still looking locally but the weather has kept me inside my shop today....

I called Furii shop and they confirmed it's a sticker but please be aware that the Thai people will generally tell you what they think you want to hear so no guarantee that's an accurate reply! Give me another day or so as I have one more shop to try that I know has a sprinkling of custom parts and a catalogue (where we bought my wife's PCX) and I'll see if I can come up with anything better.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

bikeypikey wrote:
TC3 wrote:Hi Pikey

Hi Tony,

Nothing ordered yet as I am still looking locally but the weather has kept me inside my shop today....

I called Furii shop and they confirmed it's a sticker but please be aware that the Thai people will generally tell you what they think you want to hear so no guarantee that's an accurate reply! Give me another day or so as I have one more shop to try that I know has a sprinkling of custom parts and a catalogue (where we bought my wife's PCX) and I'll see if I can come up with anything better.

Cheers,

Pikey.
Ok thanks Pikey. Hopefully you can get hold of a shiney black one through that next shop.
pony

Post by pony »

Brown one is 450THB or just under a tenner plus postage. Have a look here (halfway down the page under "accessories") and maybe think about getting the matching brake reservoir cover for 200THB and the exhaust end cap for 680THB. Let me know and I'll order it.

Thanks Pikey, but i have to go easy with my money, maybe brown foot rests for the pasenger and the handle bar clamp. I will have to wait another day for for any thing else.

So how much would that be. ?
Pony
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

pony wrote:

Thanks Pikey, but i have to go easy with my money, maybe brown foot rests for the pasenger and the handle bar clamp. I will have to wait another day for for any thing else.

So how much would that be. ?
Pony
Hi Pony,

The footrests are 1400THB or roughly 28 quid (sorry, no "pound" sign on my keyboard) so them and the handlebar clamp work out to 1850/38 quid. Add a bit of postage both here and in the UK, plus my 5% and you're probably looking at nearly 50 quid. FYI, it's about 48 baht to the pound at the moment.

Take your time as I am not going to order for a couple of weeks - I work as a partner in my shop 2 weeks on/2 weeks off and finish my current stint this sunday. All deliveries come to my shop as the post office often can't find my house coz it's buried in the jungle - LOL!

So, deadline for making up your mind (and anyone else) will be Monday 11th June. Also, over the next couple of weeks, I will be out and about biking and will not have consistent access to the internet so you may get a delay in me replying to any posts but I'll reply when I can.

Cheers,

Pikey.