Visiting the UK from Thailand - anyone want any small bits?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

bikeypikey

Re: Visiting the UK from Thailand - anyone want any small bi

Post by bikeypikey »

TC3 wrote: Ok thanks Pikey. Hopefully you can get hold of a shiney black one through that next shop.
Is the shiny black one your #1 preference? or do you still want me to try and find the chrome one with the PCX logo?

Cheers,

Pikey.
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

bikeypikey wrote: So, deadline for making up your mind (and anyone else) will be Monday 11th June. Also, over the next couple of weeks, I will be out and about biking and will not have consistent access to the internet so you may get a delay in me replying to any posts but I'll reply when I can.

Cheers,

Pikey.
Sorry, that should be Monday 18th June, not the 11th.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

bikeypikey wrote:
TC3 wrote: Ok thanks Pikey. Hopefully you can get hold of a shiney black one through that next shop.
Is the shiny black one your #1 preference? or do you still want me to try and find the chrome one with the PCX logo?

Cheers,

Pikey.
Pikey I only want a shiney black one now and no longer a chrome one. If you cant find another I will have to chance the black one on Furii and hope it is a sticker.

Ta :-)
pony

Post by pony »

Pikey

Think ill have to just stick with the handle bar clamp, cant afford any more items.
Thanks Pony
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Hi Pony & TC3,

So, here is the handlebar clamp I can get - note it is all brown, no silver on it like the one from the Japanese site you showed. 450 baht

Tony, how about this exhaust shield but in black with the big PCX logo? The one pictured in the shop is a browny/bronze colour and looks nice too. 495 baht

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hi Pikey
That is exactly what I am looking for and a good price too! If they can get one in black would definatly like one please. Looks aluminium to me?
Tony
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

TC3 wrote:Hi Pikey
That is exactly what I am looking for and a good price too! If they can get one in black would definatly like one please. Looks aluminium to me?
Tony
Yep, aluminium. I'll order it in black next week. I'll post a pic once I have it - probably towards the end of next week as it comes up from Bangkok.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

bikeypikey wrote:
TC3 wrote:Hi Pikey
Tony
Yep, aluminium. I'll order it in black next week. I'll post a pic once I have it - probably towards the end of next week as it comes up from Bangkok.

Cheers,

Pikey.
Nice one mate :-)
Much appreciated
pony

Post by pony »

Hi Pikey

Im sad, i wanted to mount a watch in the middle of the handle bar clamp, and i notice that the one you have shown me has a hollow in it. I did prefer the other one as it looked thicker in the middle.

I dont want to mess you around, so perhaps its best that i leave it.

But thank you so much for taking the time and trouble at looking at this for me.

Hugs, Pony
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hi Pikey
When next at the shop please see if they have mirrors like these. These are aluminium and pricey for me to get from here. Also interested if they are in abs. Dimensions are shown

Cheers :)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Pikey please ignore request for mirrors and just get the exhaust trim in black as you found.
When you coming over? I will be away from 11th july for couple weeks but can pay you whenever you want.
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Hi Tony,

OK for the mirrors. The trim has been ordered and will be with me sometime in the week - I'll take a pic when it arrives. I fly in on monday 2nd July. Where do you live? I'll be staying in Poole but traveling to get a bike from Leicester later that week so could hookup if you are anywhere on route?

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Thanks Pikey...will be in Norfolk the first week of July but back in Stevenage on the 9th and 10th then away from the 11th abroad for couple weeks. How that work for you?
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Hi Tony,

Best leave it to the post office then as it doesn't fit in for me. Here's your exhaust shield. Weird thing is, it is more of a gunmetal grey than black in reality. I double checked the part number and it is the correct one - just looked black in the catalogue. It's aluminium or steel and looks well finished so I hope you like it.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Pikey thanks for the pic. I did a photoshop and to be entirely honest i do not think it suits an all black PCX. I see it is unopened so was wondering if the shop will take it back? I did not realise that it was an original Honda part as i know they make a gun metal colour but not black. I guess some pictures show it way to dark in colour so it looks black.
Please let me know as i think i would rather go with the black one from the Furii shop that you called up and asked if the writing was a sticker or not. I will of course pay any travel expenses etc if you are able to retuen that grey one.
Here it is

This is the one you called the shop for if you remember. The chrome one has no sticker so am pretty sure that wording is a sticker. Willing to take the risk.

Thanks for all your trouble so far
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Pikey i just noticed you had stated that gun metal garnish was ordered from Bankok so i am assuming it is not from a local shop. In that case will you please order the shiney black one from Furii and post me both the gun metal and the Furii one. I can then decide which to keep and get rid of the one i dont want.
Thanks a bunch and pity i wont get a chance to say thanks in person.
pony

Post by pony »

TC3 wrote:Thanks a bunch and pity i wont get a chance to say thanks in person.
Hi Pikey, i agree with TC3, thank you again for offering to bring parts over to the UK, even if i decided not to buy anything :(
Regards
Pony
bikeypikey

Post by bikeypikey »

Tony,

We have a bit of a problem. I called and ordered the shiny black cover last week and normally stuff comes up overnight on the bus. Well, no show on the exhaust cover so I called again and they don't have any! This is typical of here and looking on their website, the pic has been taken down.

So, I can still bring over the gunmetal one or, as I know you are not 100% keen on that one, I have a chrome one on my own bike that I can let you have for a fiver plus P&P and I'll use the gunmetal one. Sorry to mess you about but like I said, often things that should be simple go pear shaped here.

Cheers,

Pikey.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hi Pikey a huge shame about the black one! I am gonna have to decide which I want. Thanks for the offer on the chrome one. Will let you know tomorrow if thats ok.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Pikey try as I may I just can not like the chrome ones. If you prefer to keep the grey one and find a buyer for the chrome one I am good with that as likely selling pcx in next few months.
Dont want you to be stuck with the grey one. If I dont like it I could always throw it on ebay.
Cheers :-)