Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by easyrider »

The way I see it, the flat seat is by far the best possible choice. The upholstered humps look nice and resemble a larger motorcycle and gives the bike a richer look, however any confining structures will be uncomfortable over time. The flat style seat gives the rider more flexibility and enables the rider to shift weight and reposition the ass for more comfort especially on long commutes.Perhaps the smaller folks could get by with a modified hump, but for me the flat makes the most sense on this size scooter.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

bigmike7801 wrote:
Wingscribe wrote:Yes, I do recommend the seat - with both cheeks!

And yes, as well, I found that the seat would no longer close with my helmet (Bell Bulitt "L") underneath - something that worked fine with the stock seat.

I have a top case, so I swapped gear between the two and was good to go.

Mike
These were the two I had in mind from MP Motor:

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA004.html

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... IP001.html

If I don't get a new seat soon, I'll probably get arrested from rubbing my junk just to get blood flowing to it again!
I have one similar to the second one (with the back rest) and don't have any problems.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
bigmike7801
Year: 2016
Color: Dark Candy Red

Post by bigmike7801 »

How tall are you?
fantasy2c
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by fantasy2c »

kramnala58 wrote:
bigmike7801 wrote:
Wingscribe wrote: I have one similar to the second one (with the back rest) and don't have any problems.
Does it sit any lower then stock height? I'm around 5 foot 8 and can not flat foot at a stop and would also like to drop slightly so I'm a little lower for my slightly too short givi windscreen and hoping to come across a somewhat lowered and also more comfortable seat over my stock 2015 one which is just too firm for longer rides.
2015 pcx with NYC variator and faceplate and 13g NYC rollers
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

I think it sits slightly lower, but that is a strictly seat of pants measurement (see what I did there?).

I clock in a six foot even, and I'm all leg. Flat-footing was never a problem for me.

An additional seat update, I rode 125 miles yesterday and had no knee issues at all, but I do find this new seat to be a bit firmer than stock. I started to get a little pain in the buttocks at about an hour in, but a ten minute break and I was all set in the rear end and ready for more.

A little soreness in the rear is a very fair trade-off for my kneecap wanting to pop off...but that's just me, and I have been described as "different."

Mike (the little one)
JIMJFOX
Color: RED

Post by JIMJFOX »

Those prices are true for Thailand, perhaps a bit expensive- for instance, I had an old skinny seat [which describes
my butt exactly!] reupholstered with two thick layers of foam and a modified 'sports' cover, fully stitched for---
300 Baht!!. Thais work hard for a very meagre living, generally so I always tip; that old fella took 2 hours or more,
working after dark and deserved the 400 Baht.

May I suggest a double-skin mesh cover made to measure, if necessary? They are available from Chiang Rai Saddlebags http://www.crsaddlebags.com/ at 550 Baht for the PCX 150. Excellent, I rode to Chiang Mai and back, 420 km with
detours today and had only a little soreness in spite of the non-ideal state of roads here.
QUOD VOLIMUS CREDIMUS LIBENTER
But not me!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

JIMJFOX wrote:Those prices are true for Thailand, perhaps a bit expensive- for instance, I had an old skinny seat [which describes
my butt exactly!] reupholstered with two thick layers of foam and a modified 'sports' cover, fully stitched
have you tried the latest thing in underwear?
maybe save some baht :lol:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.91 KiB) Viewed 3233 times
mrgigabyte
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by mrgigabyte »

i order a seat from mp also , this is the pic they sent me of my seat ,they sent it out july 27 still waiting on it. cant wait to get it
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have one like that one but I gave them my specs so that the back brace could be moved back some. If you have it moved too far back though, the brace will not really be a brace. They would end up taking out anything that made it stiff. That worked well for me because I added stuff of my own to get as much comfort as I could from it. I even added an area behind me to add a small 3.9 L gas can. It sits in a saddle and is tied down.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nice seat choice mrgigabyte! That should look very nice on your Black :P Do you have red anywhere else on your bike? Please post a photo of it on your scoot and your opinion(s) fitment, finish, quality, comfort, you know ;) It will arrive soon, get some sleep :lol:

Wait a minute! I got carried away and almost forgot....
Please enter your location in your profile. Members including myself often have a hard time helping one another when their location is missing.
So, please do us all a favor (and yourself too), by adding that wee bit of info. Look down below my post, there are simple instructions. Thank you and by all means....Stay Excited!! :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

thanks i also added my location
i will post pic when its on also

WhiteNoise wrote:Nice seat choice mrgigabyte! That should look very nice on your Black :P Do you have red anywhere else on your bike? Please post a photo of it on your scoot and your opinion(s) fitment, finish, quality, comfort, you know ;) It will arrive soon, get some sleep :lol:

Wait a minute! I got carried away and almost forgot....
Please enter your location in your profile. Members including myself often have a hard time helping one another when their location is missing.
So, please do us all a favor (and yourself too), by adding that wee bit of info. Look down below my post, there are simple instructions. Thank you and by all means....Stay Excited!! :P
mrgigabyte

Post by mrgigabyte »

my seat came today put it right on my bike thanks to all the members that said to buy from mp
Attachments
20160815_162646.jpg
20160815_162646.jpg (336.9 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
20160815_162633.jpg
20160815_162633.jpg (278.75 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
20160815_162621.jpg
20160815_162621.jpg (336.48 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
20160815_162612.jpg
20160815_162612.jpg (348.55 KiB) Viewed 3106 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

They are great looking seats, and even better feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ILYA
Year: 14
Color: white

Post by ILYA »

pcx seat.jpg
pcx seat.jpg (50.25 KiB) Viewed 2945 times

Hello
Mel46
About customizing the seat:
What exactly have been done with the seat?
Is the part that shown by yellow loop have been moved to direction that is shown by red arrow?
Sorry, english are not my language by born.
Thank you for reply.
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

MP motorseat VIP002. Brace moved back two inches and extra foam padding added to the seat area.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (126.63 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

ILYA, as an answer to your question look at the picture that Rickjds posted. Yes, the brace can be moved back, which is what I had done as well. That gives me room to move back and forth. I added my own back support to this in the way of some Styrofoam, but the seat also allows me to wear my medical back brace if I need to, which isn't often.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Toonman
Year: 2015

Post by Toonman »

I've just got my seat from MP. Very happy with it.
Coastal Mountainer
Color: black

Re: Seats from Thailand A few questions.

Post by Coastal Mountainer »

Are the MPMotor seats real leather? Also, if I order one with the OEM Honda frame, do I still need to use the old rubber seal?

Lastly, I'm tall in the torso and my pants inseam is only 32. I'm wondering if I need to order with the back brace moved back?

Thanks!
2014 CTX 700dct Red (glad I got it)

2013 PCX 150 Black (wish I could have kept it)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Coastal Mountainer wrote:Are the MPMotor seats real leather? Also, if I order one with the OEM Honda frame, do I still need to use the old rubber seal?

Lastly, I'm tall in the torso and my pants inseam is only 32. I'm wondering if I need to order with the back brace moved back?

Thanks!

It won't be real leather. Best not to really if you ride other than a push bike or something slower.
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

Coastal Mountainer wrote:Are the MPMotor seats real leather? Also, if I order one with the OEM Honda frame, do I still need to use the old rubber seal?

The seat with the Honda frame came with the weather seal and two rubber grommets when I ordered the VIP002 seat. All I had to do was remove four nuts, remove and replace with the new seat and reinstall the four nuts. Adjust seat so it latches easy and fully tighten the nuts.

My pants inseam is 30" and waist is 32. Also, I weigh 165lbs. Since I had them add extra padding to the front part of the seat AND the brace, I think I gained maybe an inch instead with the brace moved back two inches on the ordering page. Maybe this will change after the padding "breaks in". This is a custom order not readily available when I ordered my seat, so I was corresponding with them via email and attached pictures with areas circled or shaded where I wanted extra padding. Attached is my final drawing to MP.

Also note, I think the seat feels a little wider, so adding extra padding to the sides of the front seat may have not been necessary. It feels good to me and now I can ride longer without my behind hurting so much from not enough padding.

Rick
Attachments
This is what I ended up with sending to MP Motor
This is what I ended up with sending to MP Motor
IMG_3071.JPG (115.27 KiB) Viewed 2765 times