Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by WhiteNoise »

MKE PCX wrote:
fast1075 wrote:I got the new seat cover in today. It took maybe 5 minutes to unbolt the "hump" and put on the cover. It stretches over the stock cover, has a Velcro strap underneath and a drawstring. It could not be any easier to install. It is actually quite nice. I may leave the risers alone, they don't seem to be in the way. I just got a new phone tonight and am still setting it up, so pics will be later.

I also installed my new Puig dark touring screen. Now my bike looks like the hive mother from "Alien".

When you get your phone setup you should start a new thread with pics of your Puig screen. I'm shopping screens right now and the Puig is at the top of the list.
But please show just your seat cover here. I'd like to see it. Thanks :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fast1075
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by fast1075 »

Lo Res, Sorry.
Attachments
SEAT.jpg
SEAT.jpg (8.47 KiB) Viewed 2954 times
The Fasterizer
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Metallic Black

Post by jkautz »

Where'd you get the cover at?

2015 PCX150 Metallic Black

Post by fast1075 »

Cover came from a company that specializes in scooter seat covers. It is called Cheeky Seats. They are in Pennsylvania. You place the order, they call you to make sure it is what you want, then make it to order. Very good people. It came with a hand written thank you note!

If you get one, slip it on from the front, pull it over the back, adjust it a bit, cinch the Velcro strap that goes under the seat and tighten the drawstring, done. You don't need to remove the stock cover. I put mine on, with the seat on the bike in a couple of minutes once I figured out it goes on front to back.

I "may" have them make a "touring" cover with a black sheep fleece front section. That would be comfy and cool on long runs.
The Fasterizer
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

fast1075 wrote:Lo Res, Sorry.
:P That looks Great! Good fit too. Could pass for a New seat! I Like
Does Cheeky Seats mention anything about stretching? Ah no matter, you probably just tighten er up again (Hope not often). That's easy anuff ;)
Honda PCX seat cover page: http://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php? ... 23861f9443
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Metallic Black

Post by jkautz »

Do they make a 2015 seat? I'd like it to be softer, so a cover would be ideal.

2015 PCX150 Metallic Black
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi, I also have a 2015 PCX and a seat cover is Not listed on their website however, they seem very willing to make one for a 2015 if you contact them. They also mention working with you on Your own custom design should you want one. That's Cool! Especially if you're imaginative ;) I dig that!

Scroll down a quarter of the FAQ page: http://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php? ... =page&id=2
Please keep us posted if you go this route :P
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I wonder how comfortable these covers are over the seat itself. What about their fit over the custom seats many have purchased? I know, the question might be why get both. Well, if the cover gives the rider even more comfort then i am sure some would go for both, though i don't know how the new measurements could be figured in from the custom seat. Just a thought.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fast1075

Post by fast1075 »

The cover is not a cure-all, but it does it's job of making a nice looking seat after removing the hump. And you get some more unobstructed room.

The "Taiwan" seats are stock set pans, modified to remove the risers the old hump bolted to, then recovered.
I am gathering the stuff to do a major service (valve adjust, oil change oil screen clean, change the sliders and inspect the clutch and stuff, along with taking a look at possible mount points for some hard bags.

I may go ahead and cut down the seat risers just like the Taiwan seats. I was going to do it that way anyway. I will post up if it makes any difference. :geek:
The Fasterizer
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

fast1075 wrote:The cover is not a cure-all, but it does it's job of making a nice looking seat after removing the hump. And you get some more unobstructed room.

The "Taiwan" seats are stock set pans, modified to remove the risers the old hump bolted to, then recovered.
I am gathering the stuff to do a major service (valve adjust, oil change oil screen clean, change the sliders and inspect the clutch and stuff, along with taking a look at possible mount points for some hard bags.

I may go ahead and cut down the seat risers just like the Taiwan seats. I was going to do it that way anyway. I will post up if it makes any difference. :geek:
Let us know if you come up with a mounting system for hard bags. I would guess the passenger grab rail would be a logical starting point.
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

My Powerbypcx came today:

Installation was easy. Huge improvement.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (155.65 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (187.35 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by MKE PCX »

MKE PCX wrote:Just wanted to add to my post above before people think I am condemning MP Motor.

They have gotten in contact with me and are attempting to stop the shipment.

The customer service has been outstanding throughout the process. In hindsight, I should have waited until the resolution of this transaction before commenting on it. The cost (which is a lot for someone in my income bracket) and my sleep deprived state led to an error in judgement.

I'm hopeful they can get this sorted out. Everyone else in this thread seems very happy with their seat. I hope to add my name to the list as well.

OK, it's official, I am now condemning MP Motors. Despite hating the style, I was going to install the seat today just for some relief from the hump.

I took off the stock seat and removed the seal and rubber bumpers to transfer to the new seat. The rubber bumpers would not fit in the holes that had been drilled (off-center) for them. The new seat does not have a provision for the dust seal.

The seat pan they used is not Honda OEM like some other aftermarket seats. It's made of some extra hard plastic and would destroy the lip of the cargo compartment that normally interfaces with the dust seal on the OEM seat. The D-ring that locks the seat closed isn't perfectly centered. Long story short, the seat is completely unusable.

Others here have had good luck with them so maybe I'm just unlucky. I'll leave that for you to decide.
MP.MOTOR
Year: 2014

Post by MP.MOTOR »

New type seat for PCX all model.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (111.92 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
VIP001-3.jpg
VIP001-3.jpg (91.92 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
VIP001-2.jpg
VIP001-2.jpg (72.63 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
VIP001-1.jpg
VIP001-1.jpg (78.03 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Very Nice!
Can you link us (in English) directly to this seat and give us some more info.?
More is better, in this case. Also, please explain who you are. Company owner or...?
MP.MOTOR
Year: 2014

Post by MP.MOTOR »

Hi everyone (especially Mel46 and SECoda or Brant)

Thanks you for your referring us in this PCX forum.
Now we have make website for sale seat online : http://www.mpmotorseat.com
You can visit our new product especially mask cover PCX.

Best regards
MP.MOTOR
bigmike7801
Year: 2016
Color: Dark Candy Red

Post by bigmike7801 »

I have what may seem to be an odd question.

With my current seat, if I sit in the same position for more than about 5-10 minutes, it starts to cut off blood flow to my genitals. I think it's the way the front seat hump kind of comes up.

So I'm wondering if one of these seats either one with a back rest or one that's more flat would help to solve this issue? I'm a bigger guy at 6'3 250lbs.

This is my current seat (I put the green tape on it to see about how far back my butt currently was on the seat):

Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Big Mike

The original seat on my 2016 was the pretty good, but not really perfect. My rear end would "ramp-up" on that ridge and get quite uncomfortable on longer trips. My junk never quite went to sleep, but if you are long in the leg (as myself) I can't recommend Seat #7 from Bikerbitz.

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-custom-seat-4275.html

It is a (largely) flat seat, reminiscent of the Buddy that has been a serious game-changer for me.

But, opinion2 are like rear-ends...we should all be comfortable with our own...

Mike
bigmike7801

Post by bigmike7801 »

Wingscribe wrote:Big Mike

The original seat on my 2016 was the pretty good, but not really perfect. My rear end would "ramp-up" on that ridge and get quite uncomfortable on longer trips. My junk never quite went to sleep, but if you are long in the leg (as myself) I can't recommend Seat #7 from Bikerbitz.

https://bikerzbits.com/honda-pcx-custom-seat-4275.html

It is a (largely) flat seat, reminiscent of the Buddy that has been a serious game-changer for me.

But, opinion2 are like rear-ends...we should all be comfortable with our own...

Mike
I'm a bit confused. Are you saying you do or do not recommend this seat?

Also, do you lose any under the seat storage with it?
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Yes, I do recommend the seat - with both cheeks!

And yes, as well, I found that the seat would no longer close with my helmet (Bell Bulitt "L") underneath - something that worked fine with the stock seat.

I have a top case, so I swapped gear between the two and was good to go.

Mike
bigmike7801

Post by bigmike7801 »

Wingscribe wrote:Yes, I do recommend the seat - with both cheeks!

And yes, as well, I found that the seat would no longer close with my helmet (Bell Bulitt "L") underneath - something that worked fine with the stock seat.

I have a top case, so I swapped gear between the two and was good to go.

Mike
These were the two I had in mind from MP Motor:

HONDAPCXSEAT/PCX-SEAT-FLAT-STYLE-FLA004
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (110.39 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... IP001.html

If I don't get a new seat soon, I'll probably get arrested from rubbing my junk just to get blood flowing to it again!