Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by kcpcx »

jon_l wrote:
kcpcx - would you please provide a link or part # for that seat?
Ask and ye shall receive. Oh, by the way, I emailed the guy who runs powerbypcx before I ordered. They give a discount to members of this forum. 10% I think. He emailed me a code to use at checkout. FYI. I believe his name was Jeremy, and the email I used to contact him was powerbypcx@gmail.com

Seats in general:

http://www.powerbypcx.com/boutique-tag-selles.html

My specific seat. It's available in three stitching colors. I got the black, but you can get red and white I believe.

http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-t ... 69418.html
'88 BMW R100RT
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Mp.Motor has all kinds of flavors of flat seats like that.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

kcpcx wrote:
jon_l wrote:
kcpcx - would you please provide a link or part # for that seat?
Ask and ye shall receive. Oh, by the way, I emailed the guy who runs powerbypcx before I ordered. They give a discount to members of this forum. 10% I think. He emailed me a code to use at checkout. FYI. I believe his name was Jeremy, and the email I used to contact him was powerbypcx@gmail.com

Seats in general:

http://www.powerbypcx.com/boutique-tag-selles.html

My specific seat. It's available in three stitching colors. I got the black, but you can get red and white I believe.

http://www.powerbypcx.com/achat-selle-t ... 69418.html
Thank you very much for the link kcpcx!
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by MKE PCX »

Be careful when ordering a custom seat. You may not get what you asked for.

The ordering process was incredibly easy and I was really excited, until I saw the finished picture.

What I requested was a seat with the back brace moved further back like the one Mel46 ordered. I gave them the dimensions (in centimeters) and requested it without the diamond patterned material and without buttons. All stitching and logos in black.

I've attached the pics I was sent this morning.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
They seem to have struck out on almost all accounts.

The back brace doesn't look moved back. The diamonds and buttons will ensure this seat never gets mounted to my new PCX.

I'm pretty let down at this point. $165 down the drain and I still need to find a seat to accommodate my 6' height and 32" inseam.
fast1075
Color: black

Post by fast1075 »

Hi, new guy here. I just got a 2013 PCX 150, and am having the seat blues too. My plan is a new cover, with the risers for the hump cut down and replaced with flat pieces of ABS glued in place, with the cavities from the old risers fitted with foam.

I will see how it works out. If good, I will post pics, and contact info for the cover manufacturer.
Cover and parts are USA sourced.
The Fasterizer
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

Just wanted to add to my post above before people think I am condemning MP Motor.

They have gotten in contact with me and are attempting to stop the shipment.

The customer service has been outstanding throughout the process. In hindsight, I should have waited until the resolution of this transaction before commenting on it. The cost (which is a lot for someone in my income bracket) and my sleep deprived state led to an error in judgement.

I'm hopeful they can get this sorted out. Everyone else in this thread seems very happy with their seat. I hope to add my name to the list as well.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

MKE PCX, glad your seat will be sorted out to your expectations. Great you got pics before shipment. So the waiting continues :| & so does your anxiety. But.....it will be worth it when your bum is on it :D
Please show it to us :P (no....not your bum, silly :lol: )

Hey fast! Where are you having the seat re-done in Florida? I'm curious because I had one re-done (Piaggio MP3) in Crystal River. Shop was located central west coast. Look forward to seeing the outcome of yours!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fast1075

Post by fast1075 »

Actually, I ordered the cover from a company called "Cheeky Seats". It will be Faux leather with red stitching, minus the "hump".

I ordered it Sunday on line. Got a communication from the owner yesterday to verify the details. She made the cover, and it is on the way to me, complete with tracking info. Supposedly it has a velco/drawstring attachment, that makes it easy to install.

Plus the owner told me if I didn't like the fit, or color, to let her know, send it back, and they will make another. Their website shows all sorts of wierd, wild, and unique designs and colors.

I will take some pics, post up info, and let everyone know how good (or bad) it turns out.

As far as eliminating the "hump", it looks like the custom seats from Asia are stock seat pans with the hump risers cut off and patched before covering. That is what I plan to do. I have some ABS cement and some black ABS sheet to cut the patches from.
The Fasterizer
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

WhiteNoise wrote:MKE PCX, glad your seat will be sorted out to your expectations. Great you got pics before shipment. So the waiting continues :| & so does your anxiety. But.....it will be worth it when your bum is on it :D
Please show it to us :P (no....not your bum, silly :lol: )
We'll see what happens.

The pics came in an email stating the seat had already shipped. They said they would try to stop the shipment.

I hope they can. In addition to the buttons reminding me of 70's furniture, I really needed the additional legroom having the back brace moved rearward would have provided.

If they are unable to stop the shipment, I'll be stuck selling the seat at a loss.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

MKE PCX wrote:... I really needed the additional legroom having the back brace moved rearward would have provided.
I am fairly confident that these seats are made by the shop here in Bangkok that I have posted about before. I purchased mine directly from the shop. It is too bad about the diamond & button pattern, but I am almost 6'1" and have a similar seat (less the buttons & diamonds), and the back brace is not too close for me. You may find that the distance of the back brace is not as crucial. When I swapped out the manufactures seat, I already found myself sitting back further.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

I'm hoping they can get something sorted out.

The buttons and the diamond pattern bother me so much that I made sure to underline "no buttons and no diamond pattern" when requesting the custom seat.

They responded with English that didn't seem broken so I thought we were on the same page.

I know some people may be indifferent, or even like the buttons but that style of seat on the modern-looking PCX just seems wrong to me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this gets fixed but I'm expecting buttons galore to show up at my door.
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

Well, they were unable to stop the shipment.

They apologized for the mistake which I appreciate but I am still out $165.

Worse yet, I still need a custom seat. I know they could do it for more and I'm not sure who else could. I just can't bring myself to send them more money.

Anybody like buttons? The back brace was moved back like on Mel46's seat. They just didn't lay it back the same way so it should be a more effective back stop. It will be available for sale as soon as it arrives.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MKE PCX wrote:Well, they were unable to stop the shipment.

They apologized for the mistake which I appreciate but I am still out $165.

Worse yet, I still need a custom seat. I know they could do it for more and I'm not sure who else could. I just can't bring myself to send them more money.

Anybody like buttons? The back brace was moved back like on Mel46's seat. They just didn't lay it back the same way so it should be a more effective back stop. It will be available for sale as soon as it arrives.

It might work and look ok when you get it
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

After the last time I talked to them, I'm confident it would work. They did move the brace back.

Barring unexpected head trauma, I don't foresee my opinion on the buttons changing.
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Color: red

Post by caseybea »

I just got confirmation from powerbypcx that my plain black (with red stitching) seats are on the way! I ordered them about a week ago.

I can hardly wait.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

MKE PCX wrote:... They responded with English that didn't seem broken so I thought we were on the same page.
We have a phrase in Thailand that goes, TIT = This is Thailand. ;) :roll:

Sometimes the yes is yes and sometimes it isn't yes. One never quite knows what yes it is until the results are in. :o The challenges of working cross culturally can test the patience at times, particularly when one is from a more driven culture instead of a laid back one.

Sorry to hear of you challenges.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

Here we have the phrase "shit happens".

I'll move on and address the seat issue with another vendor. It's disappointing but there's nothing to be done about it at this point.
fast1075

Post by fast1075 »

I got the new seat cover in today. It took maybe 5 minutes to unbolt the "hump" and put on the cover. It stretches over the stock cover, has a Velcro strap underneath and a drawstring. It could not be any easier to install. It is actually quite nice. I may leave the risers alone, they don't seem to be in the way. I just got a new phone tonight and am still setting it up, so pics will be later.

I also installed my new Puig dark touring screen. Now my bike looks like the hive mother from "Alien".
The Fasterizer
MKE PCX
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MKE PCX »

fast1075 wrote:I got the new seat cover in today. It took maybe 5 minutes to unbolt the "hump" and put on the cover. It stretches over the stock cover, has a Velcro strap underneath and a drawstring. It could not be any easier to install. It is actually quite nice. I may leave the risers alone, they don't seem to be in the way. I just got a new phone tonight and am still setting it up, so pics will be later.

I also installed my new Puig dark touring screen. Now my bike looks like the hive mother from "Alien".

When you get your phone setup you should start a new thread with pics of your Puig screen. I'm shopping screens right now and the Puig is at the top of the list.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I love my new seat and now that Spring has arrived I have been riding a lot. I did want to mention that of all of the seats on all of the bikes I have ever riden, the seat on the Suzuki Burgman is the best. The back brace on it moves forward and backward, and the passenger has as comfortable a seating area as the operator. When i was shopping for what eventually ended up being the Burgman, i looked at the Silverwing as well, and the Burgman seat was the deciding factor. I would suggest that everyone looking for a replacement seat sit on a Burgman first so that you can get a good idea of size, back support, seat width, and cushioning. I doubt that you could get a movable back brace, but you could get other specifications that you could pass to the seat builder.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers