Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by Mel46 »

I just heard from MP.MOTOR. My seat is finished and being packed for shipment. They even sent me a picture of the completed one. They had to lean the back brace some because of how far back it is, but it came out great. Here is a picture of it. You can see that the brace has been moved further back, as I requested.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (67.7 KiB) Viewed 959 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

That looks great! Basically, a row of buttons shifted from behind the support to in front of it. That may start a trend. ;)

Based on one of your other posts I started using my wife's elastic back wrap similar to the one that was pictured. While I don't have back pain per se it I do get stiffness after an hour ride or so and that support virtually eliminates it.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

SECoda wrote:I would hope changing the battery is very minor but of course there is an incision. Tell them to put a few staples in it for cycle riding. :)

Great news on the custom seat! Price sounds good.

The tracking number I was given also works on the USA USPS site as well as the Thailand Post link - FYI. With the seat already in the US since the 26th the estimate of Nov. 5th to 10th seems very realistic to my house.

I own KalibrGun (Cricket - Russian), Edgun (Matador - Russian), Daystate (Air Ranger - UK), and Air Arms (S510C - UK) airguns among others. All are PCPs (pre-charged pneumatics) using HPA (up to 4500 psi from a compressor/tanks). After scope they are in that $2500 USD price range each where I live. Prices vary widely depending on where you live. Two airguns is about a PCX or Forza - :oops: I had ten of them but am down to eight. The compressors are expensive too ($1-4k depending on speed but dive shops can fill the CF tanks too). It's another hobby that is a black hole for money. They are powerful and accurate these days and available in calibers from .177 to .357 and capable of competition or hunting medium sized varmints, etc.. They also have reduced power 12 FPE versions available for the restrictions in UK and other locations.

http://www.edgun.com/en
https://www.facebook.com/KalibrGun
http://www.daystate.com/air-ranger.htm
Daystate Air Ranger - Minelli Select Walnut stock
20140822_090442.jpg
you you wrote:
SECoda wrote:Nice. How tall are you again?

I hope the seat doesn't sit in Customs for long like some of the airguns I buy.

What air guns ?
Wow! that Daystate is a sweet gun! My Husband has the Huntsman. PCP guns are so cool. John has four PCPs I showed him the picture of your Air Ranger and and he got a strange look on his face. Maybe I made a mistake. :D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have a blue elastic back support that works out well for most of my riding, but when i know we are going to go on a long ride i have to determine whether i want to use the full body support the doctor prescribed, which has plates in it to help. Believe me when i say ones prescribed by back doctors are way more expensive than standard back braces. I was shocked at the price.

Oh, my surgery was postponed till the 12th. I don't know if that is good or bad. The doctor had to cancel all appointments for the day and reschedule. A patient came into the emergency room who had fallen off of his roof and broken his spine. There are a lot of people right now who are climbing up on their roof to clean the gutters because of all the leaves. Please be careful if you have to get up there. Don't take chances. I watched someone yesterday as he climbed up on his steep roof and used a leaf blower on the gutters, even where the roof had a steep angle. All i could do was watch and hold my breath as he stood on the edge of the roof and aimed the blower down the downspout to clear it. That was foolish. Get a professional to do it or get the correct size ladder to do that. I found it much easier to bring a hose up to the downspout, shove it into the spout and then have someone else turn the water on.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@Mel46 - I was just thinking about doing my gutters. I use the right size ladder and keep my husband on the ground to keep him safe. He's had two back operations so far. And hes only 47.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I have an Air Arms S510 Carbine PCP with a beautiful select walnut thumbhole stock and rosewood fore end and grip cap. It is the main competitor to the Daystate Huntsman in size and function, etc.. Both are excellent airguns and made in the UK. ;)

I bought an Omega 4500 psi compressor from Jim at Precision Airguns up in Dryden, MI. He (and his wife) are good people.

"Wow! that Daystate is a sweet gun! My Husband has the Huntsman. PCP guns are so cool. John has four PCPs I showed him the picture of your Air Ranger and and he got a strange look on his face. Maybe I made a mistake." :D
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Geez. I put up those leaf guards and love them. They are not perfect but much better than breaking my neck trying to clean the gutters. One end of my house is just way too high (basically 28' to the peak with the walk-out basement) even though I have a 28' ladder. A lift is the only safe way to get up there. My wife and I designed our house and we put in a steep pitch as well. It looks great and makes the architectural shingles last longer but is very dangerous to try to walk on. Even Santa complained. :lol: :lol:

My wife got her support I have been using from a doctor's prescription. It even looks expensive.
Mel46 wrote:I have a blue elastic back support that works out well for most of my riding, but when i know we are going to go on a long ride i have to determine whether i want to use the full body support the doctor prescribed, which has plates in it to help. Believe me when i say ones prescribed by back doctors are way more expensive than standard back braces. I was shocked at the price.

Oh, my surgery was postponed till the 12th. I don't know if that is good or bad. The doctor had to cancel all appointments for the day and reschedule. A patient came into the emergency room who had fallen off of his roof and broken his spine. There are a lot of people right now who are climbing up on their roof to clean the gutters because of all the leaves. Please be careful if you have to get up there. Don't take chances. I watched someone yesterday as he climbed up on his steep roof and used a leaf blower on the gutters, even where the roof had a steep angle. All i could do was watch and hold my breath as he stood on the edge of the roof and aimed the blower down the downspout to clear it. That was foolish. Get a professional to do it or get the correct size ladder to do that. I found it much easier to bring a hose up to the downspout, shove it into the spout and then have someone else turn the water on.
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

@ SECoda - Ya, we Know Jim. That's were John got his Daystate. We went to his house and shot a few guns there. His wife was cool too! :D We go to the scuba shop to get the tanks filled.

John also has a Evanix Windy City 357 cal. I think that's an interesting gun.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Cool. Tell John he needs a bullpup. :lol: (my wife discourages me at this point) They are really neat. I shoot them more than anything else being so small. They are very addictive. I have four of them so far - .177 Compact, .22, .25, and a .30. A .357 is just starting to ship from CZ. They are a bit pricy. o_O Jim at PAG carries the Crickets. These are not your Grandpa's Red Ryder.

Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

That gun looks like a blast to shoot! I love it. I want it. I will show this to John and he can get me this for Christmas. :D
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Seat just arrived!!! Will open soon with pictures.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

SECoda wrote:Seat just arrived!!! Will open soon with pictures.
And we look forward to it! :D :D :D :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The seat is beautiful.... The back support is soft and angles back. Now to mount and give it the ultimate test. :D

As it turns out the shipment time was very good. The US Post Office leaves a little to be desired in tracking but MP.Motor did an excellent job!

Thanks Visalinee!

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Mel46 wrote:I just heard from MP.MOTOR. My seat is finished and being packed for shipment. They even sent me a picture of the completed one. They had to lean the back brace some because of how far back it is, but it came out great. Here is a picture of it. You can see that the brace has been moved further back, as i requested.
IMG_20141105_170055.jpg
It looks great, and I'm sure that you will drive much more comfortably! It's really nice that they were able to modify its design to meet your requirements, and the price has not been abusive at all ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

SECoda wrote:The seat is beautiful....
It really is......... looks really nice!!! Perhaps before installing it in the PCX you can take a picture from the same angle than the one that Mel received, and this way we can compare their difference in shape easily? ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Just saw this. In my hurry (supposed to be working) to put it on I dropped a hinge nut down inside. It is on with one but it may be back off to put the nut back in place. It should take 5 minutes to mount it. You also have to move the rubber grommets to the new seat but no biggie. I will finish on my next break. :roll: I will eventually try to get a picture at the same angle as the modified one for a side-by-side.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Number two. Third time may be the charm. Just a little off. I can see his is back another inch or so.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That is AWESOME!
Chief says why does 'lipstick on a pig' come to mind... here comes SECoda's seat.

Chief... shut up and just sit on your hard ass seat
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Metallic Black

Post by jkautz »

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015 PCX150 Metallic Black