Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh okay Mel, I understand. Sorry you have so many back issues and on top of other health issues. Sigh, life's dealings, Ya just never know. I'm putting off the knife to my back till......
Meanwhile, we ride 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Metallic Black

Post by jkautz »

I WANT ONE!! How do I order?

2015 PCX150 Metallic Black

Post by supermattyp »

To update my previous post about the seat I mentioned. I was quoted just over $300 USD for it shipped. This affects my decision until I get a few local quotes.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Which seat were you quoted on from where?
supermattyp

Post by supermattyp »

look back one page towards the middle. I included a picture...from the same place OP bought his...well their FB page actually.
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Oh i missed it being a Forza seat. A bit pricier?
supermattyp

Post by supermattyp »

yeah, they said they didn't have a pan for it so they would have to make it. Apparently if I ordered it I'd be paying all the R&D costs for everyone else! Lucky me!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

At the Noi Watdan shop in Bangkok that I bought my PCX seat at for 1,300 baht (Thai currency), the Forza seats were priced at around 8,000 baht. They are quite a bit more expensive. It may also be because of supply and demand. My guess is that they make a few thousand (if not several thousand) PCX seats a year whereas I would be surprised if they made as many as 1,000 Forza seats per year.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The latest tracking - USA!

The Postal code is for:

USJECS USPS FOREIGN CENTER JERSEY CITY NJ 099

October 20, 2014 12:48:47 BUNG KUM Accept
October 20, 2014 13:07:24 BUNG KUM Items Into Container
October 20, 2014 13:07:41 BUNG KUM Dispatch
October 21, 2014 11:06:41 BANGKOK MAIL CENTER Departure From Outward OE
October 21, 2014 11:19:37 BANGKOK MAIL CENTER Container Received
October 26, 2014 17:33:00 United States of America (USJECS) Accept
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Great! I am glad you are having such good luck with them. I am in contact with them right now. I have asked for a custom version of your seat, with the back brace 24mm from the back end of it instead ofethe normal 32 mm. He seems greeable to it, so if he creates it for me i will pass on the details to this thread.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Nice. How tall are you again?

I hope the seat doesn't sit in Customs for long like some of the airguns I buy.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Latest news: I have been in constant contact with mp motor I asked that they move the back brace (I had said back support previously and they showed a different picture to me of those seats. The lower ones are called back braces, not support) back. The normal distance from the back end of the seat to the back brace is 32 mm. I asked them to move it back to 24 mm and add 2 mm of extra padding in the center part of the seat itself, where I would be sitting. Because this is a custom order the price is higher. The total including shipping is $130. The normal version of the seat is $105. I have sent them the funds and they are working on the seat right now. I will take a picture once it arrives. Then I will be offering my present custom seat for sale at $100 . It is a beautiful seat. It just doesn't have a back brace. Speaking of backs, I have to go in under the knife again on November 5th for them to pull my implant and replace its battery. I guess I won't be riding again for awhile...but my new seat will be ready when I am able to again.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SECoda wrote:Nice. How tall are you again?

What air guns ?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:The normal distance from the back end of the seat to the back brace is 32 mm. I asked them to move it back to 24 mm ....
Did you mean cm or mm? Mm sounds like quite a short distance unless I am misunderstanding where you are taking the measuring points from/to.
Mel46 wrote:Speaking of backs, I have to go in under the knife again on November 5th ...
Sorry to hear that. I trust that all works out well. How long does the battery typically last?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I would hope changing the battery is very minor but of course there is an incision. Tell them to put a few staples in it for cycle riding. :)

Great news on the custom seat! Price sounds good.

The tracking number I was given also works on the USA USPS site as well as the Thailand Post link - FYI. With the seat already in the US since the 26th the estimate of Nov. 5th to 10th seems very realistic to my house.

I own KalibrGun (Cricket - Russian), Edgun (Matador - Russian), Daystate (Air Ranger - UK), and Air Arms (S510C - UK) airguns among others. All are PCPs (pre-charged pneumatics) using HPA (up to 4500 psi from a compressor/tanks). After scope they are in that $2500 USD price range each where I live. Prices vary widely depending on where you live. Two airguns is about a PCX or Forza - :oops: I had ten of them but am down to eight. The compressors are expensive too ($1-4k depending on speed but dive shops can fill the CF tanks too). It's another hobby that is a black hole for money. They are powerful and accurate these days and available in calibers from .177 to .357 and capable of competition or hunting medium sized varmints, etc.. They also have reduced power 12 FPE versions available for the restrictions in UK and other locations.

http://www.edgun.com/en
https://www.facebook.com/KalibrGun
http://www.daystate.com/air-ranger.htm
Daystate Air Ranger - Minelli Select Walnut stock
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.91 KiB) Viewed 1067 times
you you wrote:

What air guns ?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SECoda wrote:I would hope changing the battery is very minor but of course there is an incision. Tell them to put a few staples in it for cycle riding. :)

Great news on the custom seat! Price sounds good.

The tracking number I was given also works on the USA USPS site as well as the Thailand Post link - FYI. With the seat already in the US since the 26th the estimate of Nov. 5th to 10th seems very realistic to my house.

I own KalibrGun (Cricket - Russian), Edgun (Matador - Russian), Daystate (Air Ranger - UK), and Air Arms (S510C - UK) airguns among others. All are PCPs (pre-charged pneumatics) using HPA (up to 4500 psi from a compressor/tanks). After scope they are in that $2500 USD price range each where I live. Prices vary widely depending on where you live. Two airguns is about a PCX or Forza - :oops: I had ten of them but am down to eight. The compressors are expensive too ($1-4k depending on speed but dive shops can fill the CF tanks too). It's another hobby that is a black hole for money. They are powerful and accurate these days and available in calibers from .177 to .357 and capable of competition or hunting medium sized varmints, etc.. They also have reduced power 12 FPE versions available for the restrictions in UK and other locations.

http://www.edgun.com/en
https://www.facebook.com/KalibrGun
http://www.daystate.com/air-ranger.htm
Daystate Air Ranger - Minelli Select Walnut stock
20140822_090442.jpg
you you wrote:

What air guns ?
Do you do field target?

We can run over 12fp here but needs to be on a firearm certificate.

Never heard of the two Russian rifles
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

No but I am very familiar with FT. I have a friend that competes. I have stopped competing (no time to do it with multiple hobbies). The airgun PCP technology has really come far in the last five years with many high quality guns out there (Steyr is another popular vendor in Europe). One of our bullpup airgun forums (Talonairgun.com) is international and there are folks from around the globe on it. The Russians run English forums for us as well. I am big in the bullpups because they are small and light. My Compact Cricket bullpup is only 24.5" long yet powerful and accurate. They tune and modify these things and the sky is the limit.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I measured using a standard ruler that has inches on one side and mm on the other. Yes, millimeters are small, but take a standard 12 inch ruler and start at the back of your seat, moving toward the front, draw a line where the ruler ends. That should be 32 mm. A 12 inch ruler has some extra material on both ends. 12 inches equates to 31 mm, but with the extra material from the ruler, the standard 12 inch ruler should equal 32 millimeter. That mark is where the normal back brace is on the custom seats from Thailand. I asked them to instead move the brace back to the 24 millimeter mark, which is about 2 and 1/2 inches back, or 9 and 1/2 inches from the end. Since the seat curves up there, i asked them to add 2 millimeters of extra padding if they could. If not, then i told them that 2 millimeters total would be ok too.

oh, as for how tall i am, i am 5'10". I consider myself standard. Most Americans have longer legs than Asians, which means their seats would be a bit cramped for us. My wife is only 5 ft. tall and yet she commented that she could stand to have the seat brace moved back at least 1 more inch. So, this custom seat is an experiment that should work out fine. I will let you know, once i install it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

I mess metric up all of the time.
10mm = 1 cm
1 inch - 2.54 cm
12 in = 30.5 cm
http://www.manuelsweb.com/in_cm.htm

The Forza seat is a lot more expensive if I need mine customized. o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SECoda wrote:No but I am very familiar with FT. I have a friend that competes. I have stopped competing (no time to do it with multiple hobbies). The airgun PCP technology has really come far in the last five years with many high quality guns out there (Steyr is another popular vendor in Europe). One of our bullpup airgun forums (Talonairgun.com) is international and there are folks from around the globe on it. The Russians run English forums for us as well. I am big in the bullpups because they are small and light. My Compact Cricket bullpup is only 24.5" long yet powerful and accurate. They tune and modify these things and the sky is the limit.

I'll have a good Google around