Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by Mel46 »

I have taken the bike for multiple rides now with the new seat and it is soo comfortable ! I had built a removable back support that I had used on the previous seat. I think I am going to test it on my new seat to see if it is worthwhile to keep it. It might come in handy for long rides. I won't know until I try it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Drifter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 13
Color: red

Post by Drifter »

Do you have a contact person you deal with over there about the seats?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Just write to that email address in the beginning of this thread and don't worry about who answers. I think the same individual always reads their email and replies.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Hooksta
Year: 2015 PCX
Color: Black

Post by Hooksta »

I'm surprised more aren't going for a flat seat. I'm a taller rider and I have enough room, but the moment I began riding the PCX I felt like I wanted to slide back on the seat. Do you have to send them your factory seat or are you just ordering a new one from these guys?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (27.86 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

You don't have to send in your old seat. Also, I have a somewhat flat seat for sale the I bought from them. I loved using it but needed a back brace due to my many back surgeries.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3642
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Hitting occasional significant bumps I would not want a seat w/o good back support that was at least 3-4" or so high. The new seat is just so much more comfortable for long rides. It is the best $100 I spent on the PCX.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I definitely agree! Still, there are some who feel that moving back and forth while riding works best for them, so there seems to be a seat for everyone at the Thailand seat places. I was comfortable on the seat without the back support because I could move back and forth while riding. However, after an hour or two my muscles started to complain because they are far from as strong as they once were. In my mind now, riding without a back brace on the seat is for the young.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

vektor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by vektor »

As I said some time ago that on account of better sitting on the handlebars I scroll down to the extremity of the point-wipers and I gained a 5-6 cm spacing sit-rudder. Consequently, while the rudder is increased by 1 cm. It suits me and I tested some time.
I do have one question for you old forumas, or what there is on the web page with detailed specifications for PCX150 in style as it has a Yamaha-TDM? Annex: http://www.jbx9.t15.org/index.php?page=AIR
LD
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Sorry, i know english is not your primary language, but i am having a problem understanding your reply. Are you wondering if the pcx has the problem withe the ecu that the Yamaha TDM has?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

vektor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by vektor »

Sorry Mel, thank you for your efforts. I wonder if where there is a complete catalog of components for PCX.
LD
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Anyone have "This Saddle" on their scoot? Do you like it?
Shown here on a 2014/2015 PCX
(I know, you're liking the Silver. A bit dirty though. Get past that. Picture her clean. Ahhh)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (134.51 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

MP.Motor has that as their seat as their cover picture. I have ridden my brothers Kymco Agility 125 with a nearly flat seat and it is a weird uncomfortable feeling slipping back when you hit a bump given the limited suspension on that thing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/HONDA-PC ... 0531068934
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I saw that seat when I was ordering from mp motor. It looks comfortable. In fact, we discussed that seat (emails back and forth between mp motor and myself) . I would have gotten one except for the fact that the top of the back support would have hit my back exactly where my spinal cord stimulator is implanted in my back. That would not be fun. At MP Motor that seat has what they call a back support, while the lower ones, like what I purchased, have what they call a back brace. If you order from them be sure you use those descriptors so they understand what you really are interested in.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

Hooksta wrote:I'm surprised more aren't going for a flat seat. I'm a taller rider and I have enough room, but the moment I began riding the PCX I felt like I wanted to slide back on the seat.
Hooksta - I am surprised at this too. On a motorcycle, I like room to move forward and back, rather than being locked into one position. A flat-ish seat with more padding seems like what I would want. I sure wish there was someone near me with a seat I could sit on.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (27.86 KiB) Viewed 978 times
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Two issues with the flat seats are back support and bumps with the limited suspension on the PCX. In riding my brothers Kymco Agility for several hours the flat seat killed my lower back w/o any support from the rear and I don't normally have lower back problems. Hitting a large pot hole at 50 mph or large bump and sliding isn't a secure feeling either. I much prefer a high enough back support (at least 3-4") but also far enough back.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Good to see that the seats will fit all generations. It may be one of my first modifications. I'm used to the PCX seat now but it's not Forza or Downtown 300i comfy. Through all the complaints about the Downtown 300i's seating position, you gotta admit the seat itself is just outright comfortable.

That's my one complaint about my BWS, I slide forward and backwards. But I think that has to do with the current cycling grade outer shell I usually wear while riding. I'm looking at riding pants with slip resistant seat panels.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

+1 on the nonslip slide pants. I Want them too.
I just read about a pair the other day and I'll be danged I can't remember where! Hate sliding forward and back.
No, I do Not Hand shine my seat... :lol: My arse does :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Yes I liked their [Downtown] seat in every regard (better than the Forza's from several standpoints (like the hydraulic and how far it opens but comfortable too with my feet on the ground) although the Forza is fine). An adjustment to the seat is really treating a symptom of a different problem IMO. Kymco need a basketball player to test their ergonomic design over there. :lol:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

I have a flat style Thai seat on my PCX. I love it. I have not had any problems with bumpy roads, etc. I can see how the backrest might be nice on a multi-hour trip, I guess, but I really like being able to change how far front or back I sit during a ride. I don't ride my PCX 200 miles from home, though, so not an issue for me. Most of my riding is within 35 or 40 miles from my house at the outside. If you were touring on it, yeah, might make sense. I generally ride my old BMW touring bike if I'm going more than 50 miles from home, but maybe for fun this summer, I'll ride the PCX to my in-laws in rural Kansas (130 miles one way).

'88 BMW R100RT
jon_l
Color: black PCX

Post by jon_l »

kcpcx wrote:I have a flat style Thai seat on my PCX.
kcpcx - would you please provide a link or part # for that seat?
black 2013 PCX150, red & black 2012 Triumph Thunderbird 1600