Seats from Thailand

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Re: Seats from Thailand

Post by SECoda »

Steyr's airgun site. I really want one of their LP 10 air pistols but they are expensive.

http://www.steyr-sport.com/index.php/en/

Field Target
http://www.steyr-sport.com/index.php/en ... eld-target

The cost of a PCX :lol:
http://www.precisionairgunsandsupplies. ... 0FTConnect
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:12 inches equates to 31 mm, but with the extra material from the ruler, the standard 12 inch ruler should equal 32 millimeter ..... I asked them to instead move the brace back to the 24 millimeter mark, which is about 2 and 1/2 inches back .....
My conversion app tells me that 12 inches is 304.8mm or 30.48cm and 2.5 inches is 63.5mm or 6.35cm ... or am I still misunderstanding how you are making your conversions.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am a little confused too. I am going by the ruler i have. It has the word Inch on one side and mm on the other. So, is mm something else?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well, i just looked up the ruler markings on google. Looks like the marks are centimeters with millimeters between them. I hope i can get the manufacturer to make those changes.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I am a little confused too. I am going by the ruler i have. It has the word Inch on one side and mm on the other. So, is mm something else?

You are joking?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I did not grow up in the metric world, and i had a heck of a time getting through engineering school because of that.when i graduated from college i didn't have to use the metric ruler at all, since my main job was determining the correct computer hardware, and writing a lot of code for the many systems i had developed, so that they all got along. I had windows systems, IBM mainframe systems, DEC equipment, linux systems, and other types of equipment. I slowed down as i got closer to retirement and just took care of older mainframe systems written in an obscure database language called Nomad, as well as newer systems created with SQL and Oracle. When i was in college i could program in 5 different computer languages at the same time. In none of those cases did i need to convert inches to metric. When i had my own consulting firm there were functions built in that did the conversions for me, even when i was involved in the creation of a manufacturing floor system run with Unix based computers. So no, i am not kidding. Americans are not as deeply invested in metrics as Europeans are. We are getting there, if any of the kids are aiming towards engineering. Otherwise, i doubt many kids can convert to metric easily. I really wish we had adopted metrics when i was a kid.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by pcxpower »

Mel46 wrote:Well, i just looked up the ruler markings on google. Looks like the marks are centimeters with millimeters between them. I hope i can get the manufacturer to make those changes.
I'm sure that they thought that you meant "cm" instead of "mm", as it was almost impossible to place the backrest only 2.4 cm (24mm) from the back of the seat, but it's a good idea to talk to them about it, just to be sure ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

You You wrote:... You are joking? ...
Mel46 wrote:... So no, i am not kidding ...
Mel, please know that i was not poking fun at you, that certainly wasn't my intent. I was simply trying to understand how you were coming up with your numbers. Having grown up in Canada I had a hybrid system where I started learning the imperial measurement system and then why I was 10 or 11 years old (I don't know what the converts to in metric ;) ) Canada switched to the metric system, so I began learning it. As well, will having lived in 4 different countries and traveled quit a bit, I have been converting things back and forth fo quite some time. If you have a smart phone the best way to do it is to download an app.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

The US can't make up its mind. Some industries are metric like NASA and the medical but others are stuck in the 20th century. It's goofy here. We have to own both sets of tools just to get by.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

You hit the nail on the head SECoda. Tools galore, we grow up with metric and SAE (inches). Use them all.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Well I sent an email and they sent me a reply quickly saying that they would make the seat using centimeters, so thank you for catching the error. I had originally used inches when discussing the changes I had wanted, but they seemed to be having some problems with that . Then I tried to include the metric version of the numbers. I am betting they either understood what I was trying to tell them, or they were totally confused.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Well I haven't actually received my seat yet so they may just be enjoying our money. o_O Just kidding. :lol: It would be a lot of bother for peanuts. Besides, I like all of the options (photos) he has added to their web site. I was riding yesterday and hit a good hole and landed on that darn seat hump. What was Honda thinking?
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Well my tracking was never updated after October 26th when the shipment was received in New York. I spoke to the USPS central office and they said another scan should have occurred as the package went to customs. They told me to request an inquiry be requested of the Thailand Post by the shipper. I contacted MP.Motor who has already asked me by email yesterday if the package had arrived. Anyway that is the current status.
Reaper
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Reaper »

Hi guys! I am a big pcp-rifle fan too, and I ride on the 190cc tuned pcx :)
I own edgun matador .25, taipan2 mutant .22 (same as cricket, but way better overall).
Now pre-ordered and waiting for all new horhe jager .30, this air rifle will kick ass!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

SECoda I wouldn't worry too much about the seat whereabouts yet. When I purchased each of our custom seats from powerbypcx, the seats stopped getting updated in their travels after they hit the United States. It is like they hit the lost mail hole, but then one day they just showed up at my door. Just keep believing that it will show up sometime. Then, when it does, let us know. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Reaper, how did you get 190cc's out of your PCX? Was it a 150 originally? What is its new top end? Any concerns? Any control problems? Would it be just as advantageous on this little scooter to just change the variator and drive face, or can it use the full power of the 190cc's?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Thanks for that info. I really am not too worried nor surprised that the international postal systems are better than the one in the USA (at least more informative). MP.Motor seems to be doing their part. I have found the USPS tracking to be hit and miss as well within the US. I have had several international packages get "misplaced" once they hit the US soil. One recently from Sweden. My buddy chose not to track it since it was less than $50 value and it just disappeared in NY again. I think the workers up there treat it like a big Wal-Mart sometimes. :lol: Hopefully, the tracking is just not up to date.
Mel46 wrote:SECoda I wouldn't worry too much about the seat whereabouts yet. When I purchased each of our custom seats from powerbypcx, the seats stopped getting updated in their travels after they hit the United States. It is like they hit the lost mail hole, but then one day they just showed up at my door. Just keep believing that it will show up sometime. Then, when it does, let us know. :-)
jkautz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Metallic Black

Post by jkautz »

GIVE ME MY SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015 PCX150 Metallic Black
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

jkautz wrote:GIVE ME MY SEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the election is over, all seats full... OF REBUBLICANS!
SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Most decisive mid-term election since the 1920s. Time to start repairing the damage that was done the last six years or at least stop anymore of it.