Fabbri high windshield PCX 2015

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Fabbri high windshield PCX 2015

Post by pcxpower »

Some days ago I installed a Fabbri windshield, made in Italy, that I purchased online from an eBay seller and here you have some pictures:

I purchased it from here:
http://www.ebay.es/itm/FABBRI-PARAVENTO ... 35dbc509d7

And the total cost was 45 euros + 28 euros (international shipping) = 73 Euros total

I'm 1.85cm tall and after modifying my seat I sit 7 cms higher, and even like that, it protects my whole torso + my chin, getting air at eye level, so I assume that it would work for most of riders. The hands are protected ;)

I was interested in the higher GIVI windshield, but they still do not offer it for the 2014 (in Europe) / 2015 (in the USA) model, so I decided to purchase this one until I can purchase the highest available one. I will think about adding a kind of "spoiler" to the end of the windshield, to get a little more protection in winter. I'll keep you posted ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
Sowaka
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Black

Re: Fabbri high windshield PCX 2015

Post by Sowaka »

Dude, I know this is about your windshield... But that seat is fantastic. I can't even put into words how badly I want that seat on my 2013 model.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks excellent
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Sowaka wrote:Dude, I know this is about your windshield... But that seat is fantastic. I can't even put into words how badly I want that seat on my 2013 model.
Thanks! Yes, it's much more comfortable than the original seat, and I fully recommend to add more foam do make it flat. I did it myself, but any upholstery shop would be able to do something similar ;)

I wish that Powerbypcx or other retailer offered something like that, as the ones that they sell are very similar to the original one, with similar padding...
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

you you wrote:Looks excellent
Thanks! Let's hope that the other manufacturers release soon their windshields for the new model, so that we have lots of options to compare! :D :D
2015 Honda PCX 125
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Fabbri, a Fabulous screen! I had one on another scoot. It was medium height and the quality/coverage was equal to or maybe better than my Givi. It served me well. I hope you will be just as happy :P Thanks for all the great pics too pcxpower! You're doing a great job loving your scoot....& it shows! :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

For me, riding in town, I would be interested in a way of keeping rain off the dash area, esp. as we head to bad weather times, rather than wind stoppage. Any suitable screens/devices for the new 2014/5's that would do this? Does this Fabbri serve that purpose?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

WhiteNoise wrote:Fabbri, a Fabulous screen! I had one on another scoot. It was medium height and the quality/coverage was equal to or maybe better than my Givi. It served me well. I hope you will be just as happy :P Thanks for all the great pics too pcxpower! You're doing a great job loving your scoot....& it shows! :)
You're welcome! I intend to have it installed in the meantime GIVI releases a higher windshield, but who knows? I could change my mind if I get used to it :D :D :D :D :D
iceman wrote:For me, riding in town, I would be interested in a way of keeping rain off the dash area, esp. as we head to bad weather times, rather than wind stoppage. Any suitable screens/devices for the new 2014/5's that would do this? Does this Fabbri serve that purpose?
If you need protection from rain in the dash area and you had the previous PCX, the election would be the HIGHEST GIVI one, which is more "horizontal" and I think that would protect the dash:
735x4.jpg
735x4.jpg (78.65 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
If you need the windshield for the 2014/2015 model, perhaps the Ermax would suit better:
Ermax +25 70cm 02.jpg
Ermax +25 70cm 02.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
This is the shape, in the previous model (I have not found a lateral pic of the 2014/2015 one, or a real picture instead of the catalogue one ;) )
Ermax windscreen 09.jpg
Ermax windscreen 09.jpg (93.58 KiB) Viewed 6719 times
2015 Honda PCX 125
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Thanks! :)
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by PCXade »

I have been thinking about a screen.. almost got one at the dealer but, for the money, opted for a box and helmet.

Two questions...

1. How easy is it to fit - when ordering it online?

2. How much of a REAL difference does it make to wind and rain interference and is it really a great boon in the winter? If I got one.. I would like for November to March perhaps but then remove it - if easy enough.
Picked up my lovely new PCX 125 in Red on Monday 13th October 2014!
The love affair starts now....
JoshM
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 VStrom 650

Post by JoshM »

How's the wind protection on your hands? Does it divert the air past your hands? That was the worst part of riding in the Winter... my hands would not stay warm enough with even heavy gloves.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

PCXade wrote: 1. How easy is it to fit - when ordering it online?
At first I was following the old model PCX's instructions and I could not dissasembly the original windshield.... I asked in the forum, and forum users Iceman and WhiteNoise helped me, posting the 2015 model instructions:
2015 panel removal 01.jpg
2015 panel removal 01.jpg (206.45 KiB) Viewed 6638 times

Which definitely helped to remove it! I thought that would be useful to place some "plastic removal tools" here:
20140921_202307.jpg
20140921_202307.jpg (132.39 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
So that I could introduce a piece of soft plastic in the upper part of the front grille, and then pull it forward:
20140921_202402.jpg
20140921_202402.jpg (123.87 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
After having dissasembled the front grille, I think that placing the plastic removal tools would not be necessary. Here you have some pics of the different panels, so that you can see that the yellow "snap fit clips" get inside the squared holes in the windshield. You just need some determination to remove the clips from the square holes:
20140924_172803.jpg
20140924_172803.jpg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
20140924_172938.jpg
20140924_172938.jpg (86.51 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
20140924_173032.jpg
20140924_173032.jpg (120.28 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
Once you have installed the aftermarket windshield, notice that there are no "square holes" where the "snap fit clips" fit, so it's only a matter of removing the two Phillips screws (number 1 in the instructions) to be able to release the "hooks"(number 4 in the instructions) easily removing the "front grille" :D :D :D :D :D :D
20140924_175322.jpg
20140924_175322.jpg (154.91 KiB) Viewed 6638 times
PCXade wrote:2. How much of a REAL difference does it make to wind and rain interference and is it really a great boon in the winter? If I got one.. I would like for November to March perhaps but then remove it - if easy enough.
I have installed in all my scooters a taller windscreen, and I can assure you that I would not purchase a new model if there wasn't a taller windshield available!! When it rains, the pilot only gets wet in the stop lights, as when moving, he/she is protected "inside" the air bubble that forms the windshield ;)

I have not caught rain with this one, but I'm sure that works as all the taller windshields. I will update the message when I get some water 8)
2015 Honda PCX 125
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

JoshM wrote:How's the wind protection on your hands? Does it divert the air past your hands? That was the worst part of riding in the Winter... my hands would not stay warm enough with even heavy gloves.
PERFECT! I have driven the scooter without gloves, and I feel no air in my hands, and the windshield effectively diverts the air in the whole hand area :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

When purchasing a new windshield I wanted to have my hands protected, as my old aftermarket windshields in other scooters had them, and I am not dissapointed with the Fabbri's design in this matter. When I remove the hand from the bar grips to the outside, I can clearly feel how the wind begins hitting my hand when I get passed the "bar ends" (the metal part that protects the bar grips and attenuates the vibrations)
2015 Honda PCX 125
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Did you lose some top speed?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

sendler2112 wrote:Did you lose some top speed?
I don't know because I just have about 300 kms, and I'm breaking the engine, and I don't know even my maximum speed without it :D

But even if one loses some maximum speed, the trade off is worth, in my opinion, as protection from the elements is paramount, at least for me ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125
PCXade
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PCXade »

pcxpower wrote:
I have not caught rain with this one, but I'm sure that works as all the taller windshields. I will update the message when I get some water 8)
Thanks for that. The process looks relatively manageable. :)
Picked up my lovely new PCX 125 in Red on Monday 13th October 2014!
The love affair starts now....
df_HondaPCX
Year: 2016

Post by df_HondaPCX »

Hi pcxpower!

I need you advise.

I'm thinking of buying Fabbri windshield for my PCX 125 reg.year 2016. I have tried Givi medium windshield, but really didn't like it. Too much wind right into my neck (i'm 1.82cm). Then ordered Puig V-Tec Line- much better, but it is still a lot of noise due to the wind blowing into my helmet. I also didn't like the fact, that I had to use mirrors extenders in order to install the windshield (although it is just few cm, but it feels like it is more difficult to drive between cars). What I like about Puig is its quality- the plastic is really thick. I am also looking at Givi tall screen D1130ST. Want to try it first - my friend has it, but as I have noticed the Givi tall screen is too flexible.

Are you fully satisfied with Fabbri? Do you feel a lot of noise? Are you able to turn the handlebars to the maximum and lock it with this windshield.

Thank you in advance.
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

Hi! ;)

Yes, I'm very happy with the screen, but in order to be able to turn the handlebars to the maximum and being able to lock it, it must be not very wide, and because of that it does not protect as much as it should...

Speaking about locking the handlebars, I installed some mirror extenders and it works jusr fine ;)

It protects very well the hands in winter and after 2 years I'm glad that I purchased it. Maximum speed with the scooter is about 110 km/h (speedo information, not GPS). When I have some time I'll extend my message on the computer (I'm on the cell phone) with more pics and information :P
2015 Honda PCX 125
df_HondaPCX
Year: 2016

Post by df_HondaPCX »

pcxpower wrote:Hi! ;)

Yes, I'm very happy with the screen, but in order to be able to turn the handlebars to the maximum and being able to lock it, it must be not very wide, and because of that it does not protect as much as it should...

Speaking about locking the handlebars, I installed some mirror extenders and it works jusr fine ;)

It protects very well the hands in winter and after 2 years I'm glad that I purchased it. Maximum speed with the scooter is about 110 km/h (speedo information, not GPS). When I have some time I'll extend my message on the computer (I'm on the cell phone) with more pics and information :P
Thanks for your comments. So without mirror extenders you can't lock the handlebars, right?
pcxpower
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pcxpower »

I could lock the handlebars, but I had to change slightly the position of the handlebar loosening the 8X32 bolts (with an allen wrench) that hold the handlebar to the lower holder of the triple clamps. This way, with the extenders, I have a better vision of what happens at my back and I don't need to reposition the handlebar.

Given that I added some extra foam to the seat, I seat about 7cm higher, and therefore I needed some extra height in the windshield. I accomplished that by adding a kind of "home made spoiler" to the fabbri windshield. Here you have a couple pics of how it looks:

This screen works very well and is not too flexible. Even with the added spoiler, if I hit a pothole, or when I am driving behind an 18 wheeler, it does not vibrate too much, and I have about 3,000 kms by now. If I had to choose a new windshield today, I would have a look at the newest highest Givi, which was not available when I got the Fabbri one. I don't know which of the two is higher, though? ;)
2015 Honda PCX 125