Givi Screen, Bar Muffs, Panniers and Heated Insoles....

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

carlmt

Givi Screen, Bar Muffs, Panniers and Heated Insoles....

Post by carlmt »

Evening all,
Not posted for a while (sorry guys :oops: ), but have been enjoying :? the delights of PCX travel all winter so far :roll: :roll:

Finally, the cold has gotten to me.......

SO - made some mods to improve the 'environment'......

Added tall Givi screen - no affect on mpg but tremendous improvement in comfort.
Bar muffs - difficult to fit, had to cut a hole for the mirror stalks to poke through...and the seal around the master cylinder leaves a fair bit to be desired - not tried them yet....will see if things improved tomorrow....
Panniers - the basic set of Oxfords (have a tail-pack too) - perfect for popping my tidy office clobber, shoes and lunch in.........and a bit of shopping on the way home. Waterproof with the supplied covers fitted. No effect on handling either way.
Heated insoles - wired these up to the battery this evening. Plug pokes out under the nose of the seat. Cables run down each leg of my textile waterproof trousers which then plug in to the cables fitted to the insoles in my boots (which replace the original insoles). Again, will find out tomorrow how well they work!!!!

Done nigh-on 5000 miles since last September now - still on the original tyres and no sign of them going off yet!!!! Average out 115mpg.

Cracking little bike 8) 8) 8)
Carl

PS - sorry for the quality of the images - lousy phone camera!!!!!
Attachments
pcx3-1.jpg
pcx3-1.jpg (39.86 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
pcx2-1.jpg
pcx2-1.jpg (34.83 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
pcx1-1.jpg
pcx1-1.jpg (36.08 KiB) Viewed 1970 times
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Givi Screen, Bar Muffs, Panniers and Heated Insoles....

Post by maddiedog »

Ah, I love the silver. If you ever want to trade for white panels, send me a PM. ;)

What brand bar muffs did you go with? I think a few people have fit them without putting holes in, although I may be mistaken.

How much are the Oxford panniers? They look roomy.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Givi Screen, Bar Muffs, Panniers and Heated Insoles....

Post by Woolley »

speaking of heated insoles, found these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnaDozEP ... AAAAAAAAAA
Probably wouldnt be too good for safety though...
ImageImage ImageImage Image