Redlights and small scooters

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Redlights and small scooters

Post by kramnala58 »

Here is a cut/paste from the Wisconsin online manual for those who were wondering.

When facing a red light, you may proceed CAUTIOUSLY through the intersection when the light is still red if ALL of the following conditions are present: ƒ
You reasonably believe the signal is vehicle activated (if the signal is timed, you may not proceed through a red light no matter how long it takes to change to green); ƒ
No other vehicles are present to activate the signal; ƒ You have stopped at the signal for at least 45 seconds;
and, You yield right-of-way to vehicles proceeding through on a green signal and to pedestrians and bicycles in the crosswalk or intersection.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
caseybea
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by caseybea »

I've had this issue several times through the years, even on my Honda CM450 cycle. The way I have handled it is to wait for "two cycles" of light changes, and the left turn arrow never turns green. Really annoying, but by sitting through two "cycles", you guaranee that yes, the intersection is vehicle-switch-activated. It's totally annoying, and usually only happens to me when it's like 1 in the morning.
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

WI_Hedgehog
Powered by angry squirrels
Powered by angry squirrels
Year: 2017
Color: PearlDrkAshBlue

Post by WI_Hedgehog »

I found this thread quite useful. Since I'm from the Motorcycle Capitol of the World, here's an update to the synopses of Wisconsin's law via the 2017 Wisconsin Motorcyclist's Handbook, top left of Page 12:

http://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/dmv/s ... manual.pdf

When facing a red light, you may proceed CAUTIOUSLY through the intersection when the light is still red if ALL of the following conditions are present:
  • • You reasonably believe the signal is vehicle activated (if the signal is timed, you may not proceed through a red light no matter how long it takes to change to green);
    • No other vehicles are present to activate the signal;
    • You have stopped at the signal for at least 45 seconds; and,
    • You yield right-of-way to vehicles proceeding through on a green signal and to pedestrians and bicycles in the crosswalk or intersection.
A driver convicted of failure to yield right-of-way (FYR) is required to attend traffic safety school.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

kramnala58 wrote:My understanding of the buttons for pedestrians is that they don't usually activate the light, they simply make sure that the walk signal stays on long enough for the average pedestrian to clear he crosswalk, contrary to popular believe that they trigger the light to change.
This is correct,they do not affect signal to change.It is only there due to public demand for pedestrian crossings concerns.They do not work.Magnets will not work either, they are initiated by ferrous materials only.Magnets only work as far as they are metallic .
WI_Hedgehog