How-to: PCX Seat Hump Removal

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

kiapolo1887
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: PCX seat hump removal

Post by kiapolo1887 »

Added a mesh seat cover. The look is complete!

sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Looks cool. Think it will hold water and dirt?
abcdarko
Year: 2017 Forza 125
Color: Grey Black

Post by abcdarko »

sendler2112 wrote:Looks cool. Think it will hold water and dirt?
True!
Don't ride naked and think of adding a transparent seat cover :lol:
kiapolo1887
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kiapolo1887 »

Added a generic mesh seat cover. Looks fantastic.

amoramor
Year: 2016
Color: Brown

Post by amoramor »

Hello there! Where i could buy this cover seat?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

This looks like it:
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=756
https://www.facebook.com/hyseat/

Another w/color choices: http://alexnld.com/product/motorbike-sc ... gQodZfgDlg

Go a step further and Google scooter mesh seat covers. Cheerio ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dgnyberg »

Okay, I like this post a lot. I've completed the humpectomy, but I still have a little problem with the seat.
I need to sit back a little further than "normal" because I need to keep my legs a bit straighter due to knee issues.
I've looked at aftermarket seats, and they still use the same seat pan, with the humps removed.
The remaining hump is still just too much for my butt to handle on really long rides.
Does anyone know of a seat replacement that eliminates the entire hump?
Has anyone looked at modifying the seat pan with something like fiberglass to smooth it out even more?
Any assistance would be highly appreciated.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi, I'm not sure this thread will help you, but it's worth a look
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 574#p45574

Just mentioning that the PCX shown is a 2014/2015, it had a slight step up on the seat. Your 2013 (before you removed it) had the hump/backrest. I'm thinking this might be a solution for you regardless of model year ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dgnyberg »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi, I'm not sure this thread will help you, but it's worth a look
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 574#p45574

Just mentioning that the PCX shown is a 2014/2015, it had a slight step up on the seat. Your 2013 (before you removed it) had the hump/backrest. I'm thinking this might be a solution for you regardless of model year ;)
Thanks!! It does give me some ideas. I may just have to raise the front of the seat with some quality foam
and then recover it.
I'll do some experimenting first, though!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great! When you get it right, Please show us :P
cbolling
Color: Red

Post by cbolling »

dgnyberg wrote:Okay, I like this post a lot. I've completed the humpectomy, but I still have a little problem with the seat.
I need to sit back a little further than "normal" because I need to keep my legs a bit straighter due to knee issues.
I've looked at aftermarket seats, and they still use the same seat pan, with the humps removed.
The remaining hump is still just too much for my butt to handle on really long rides.
Has anyone looked at modifying the seat pan with something like fiberglass to smooth it out even more?
Try this

http://www.mpmotorseat.com/HONDAPCXSEAT ... LA004.html
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

dgnyberg wrote:Okay, I like this post a lot. I've completed the humpectomy, but I still have a little problem with the seat.
Did you cut away the plastic hump mounts from the seat pan underneath where the hump bolted on? And you still can't get comfortable? You should be able to sit all the way back on the passenger area of the seat, or anywhere in between if you are that tall, With the hump and the plastic removed.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

cbolling wrote:
Try this

Ohhh Wow .... thats just the type I've been looking for, just a plain flat seat. Has anyone purchased one of these and can give a review or some comments ??? Thanks !

Here's another link to it ....

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

Also, (I'm sure this has been discussed before) I just rotated the handle bar forward until the "riser" section is straight up, doing this moved the grips forward quite a bit, changed the reach - and therefore my back's angle considerably. I also had to loosen and rotate the clamps for both brake levers the opposite direction (backward) to compensate for this change..

I intentionally rotated the clamps back more than their original positions, because I wanted the levers more "up" or nearer to parallel to the bars than they were when I got the PCX. They were originally drooped down quite a bit. That of course changed the orientation / level of the fluid in the front master cylinder so I need to check it tomorrow when there's better light to see if I need to add some or not. The top of the master cylinder is now level when the handlebar is centered.

All the Allen / Hex bolts were really tight, I think they applied thread-lock at the factory. So, I had to add a crescent wrench on the hex wrench in order to gain leverage and get the bolts loose.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

springer1 wrote:Also, (I'm sure this has been discussed before) I just rotated the handle bar forward until the "riser" section is straight up, doing this moved the grips forward quite a bit, changed the reach - and therefore my back's angle considerably. I also had to loosen and rotate the clamps for both brake levers the opposite direction (backward) to compensate for this change..

I intentionally rotated the clamps back more than their original positions, because I wanted the levers more "up" or nearer to parallel to the bars than they were when I got the PCX. They were originally drooped down quite a bit. That of course changed the orientation / level of the fluid in the front master cylinder so I need to check it tomorrow when there's better light to see if I need to add some or not. The top of the master cylinder is now level when the handlebar is centered.

All the Allen / Hex bolts were really tight, I think they applied thread-lock at the factory. So, I had to add a crescent wrench on the hex wrench in order to gain leverage and get the bolts loose.
Good job! I need to look at the details you mention as I have had my bars up as far as they go for some time. Did you save the chrome caps by removing them with sticky tape? It's the best way to pop them off. Those 4 allens are the toughest bolts next to the bars ends on a PCX.
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

I'd appreciate some comments / advice on this ...... It turns out that rotating the clamps and levers "up" results in a false "high" fluid level in the master cylinder's sight glass because of the change in it's tilt.

So, I'm thinking to just leave the fluid "as is" without adding or removing fluid because it did have the proper amount of fluid in it before changes to the handlebar & lever/clamp tilt. So it has enough air space to deal with heat buildup & fluid expansion and also enough fluid to service the operation of the master cylinder.

Does this sound right?

Anyway, rotating the handlebars forward until their "riser" portion is vertical moves the grips forward more than I expected. If the levers are then rotated back to their original level, the brake fluid reading will be correct. (It was just my preference to rotate them even more.) To remove the chrome caps, I popped them up using an "exacto" knife which has a seriously thin surgical- type blade, but I can see where tape will work as the caps are not depressed into the recesses tightly at all.
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by dgnyberg »

Lots of responses!! Thanks to everyone. I removed the bolt mounts, but there is still a bit of an upward angle to the back of the seat. It's not that I'm that tall(5'10") it's that I have bad knees and back. I sit with my feet in the front position on the floorboards, and my legs as straight as possible. My rump just hits the angle going up on the seat, and it is uncomfortable after 2-3 hours of riding. I found a temporary fix. . . I used an ATV seat cover, to cover the holes in it from the humpectomy, then I found a small chair cushion and placed it under the ATV seat cover and in front of the upwards angle. It raised the front of the seat just enough to make the ride much more comfortable. So, now it's time to save up and get the front of the seat raised and even with the back of the seat, cause right now it looks kinda Mickey Mouse. But I am more comfortable!!
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Pearl Siena Red

Post by aphid »

Are the original (now missing) pictures posted by sendler2112 still available anywhere to illustrate the de-humping process, please? I think I get the idea from kiapolo1887 pictures but, as they say, a picture paints a thousand words. And at 180cm height I could do with the additional legroom.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi aphid, you can try sending a pm to member sendler2112 and ask him. Worth a try.
You're right, His how-to photos were Very helpful! They disappeared :(
aphid
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Pearl Siena Red

Post by aphid »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi aphid, you can try sending a pm to member sendler2112 and ask him. Worth a try.
You're right, is how-to photos were Very helpful! They disappeared :(
Thanks, WhiteNoise. I’ll do that. Fingers crossed since it has been a while since the original post.