PCX Windscreen list

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PCX Windscreen list

Post by Taz »

Here is a list of windscreens from smallest to tallest. Ive included links but use google to find a source near you, dont take these links as a definitive source!: (Heights in centimetres taller than original where known). Feel free to add additional screens to the list or other links where you have successfully purchased from.

Stock Honda screen that comes with the PCX

Ermax sports screen http://www.same-same.fr/sport-windshiel ... p-474.html

Ermax +12 short screen http://www.same-same.fr/windshield-high ... p-472.html

Puig +14 http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/hon ... 310-m3009/

Short/Medium Givi D322ST http://www.giviusa.com/Screens--spoiler ... -en/D322ST

Bullster http://www.secdem.fr/en/catalogue-produ ... ce=BH152HP

Ermax +25 Tall screen http://www.same-same.fr/windshield-high ... p-473.html

Givi Tall 323DT http://www.compacc.com/p/Givi-D322-Repl ... CX125-2010
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: PCX Windscreen list

Post by Taz »

Just found a site that mentions the small Givi (322ST) is +18.5cm and the tall Givi is +41cm. Also there seems to be Biondi windscreen for the PCX though not sure if its a dedicated PCX screen or generic. Also I forgot to add the Honda aftermarket screen, though why would anyone would get that due to its high price!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Just wanted to mention that I bought my regular Givi windscreen (D322) from Compacc.com and the price was cheaper than any other site....and it had free shipping. However, I was recently looking to purchase a tail box and they tacked on shipping, so I found Sporttour.com, which was a little more expensive but no shipping charge, so it came out cheaper by $10. So, my advice is to not only look at the advertised price, walk it through the process to see if they get you in the shipping. You can always clear the cart if the price is too high.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

By the way, that doesn't mean that Competition Accessories will add a shipping charge for this windscreen, In fact, it is on back order and they aren't charging shipping on it. (We are thinking about getting one.) The whole point was that sometimes shipping charges can make the difference between buying from one dealer or another.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Mel, when I ordered my 322ST (smoke) from Compacc a few days ago the availability indicated shipping in 4-5 business days. It is still pending shipping but as you indicated the shipping for the windscreen will be free. I wonder why they tacked on shipping for a tail box when their web site is promoting free shipping on orders over $89?

Don
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Happy Birthday Geezy! :P
That's a good question! I'd give Compacc a call and ask. I deal with them also and they have always been helpful to me. You might want to mention your birthday if all else fails 8)
(Note to self: Use credit on account at compacc. Self: That should be E-z ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

GeezyRider wrote:Mel, when I ordered my 322ST (smoke) from Compacc a few days ago the availability indicated shipping in 4-5 business days. It is still pending shipping but as you indicated the shipping for the windscreen will be free. I wonder why they tacked on shipping for a tail box when their web site is promoting free shipping on orders over $89?
I had to pay shipping on mine, since it was a large item. It might vary with whether or not they're running a special.

It took my windshield a couple of weeks to come in from them, it was worth the wait though!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

http://www.tcpsa.com/honda/pcx125.htm

You may add TCP to the list ;)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cascanciu wrote:http://www.tcpsa.com/honda/pcx125.htm

I like that one. No silly gap at the base
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

gn2 wrote:Eh? :?
Sorry, can you say again, please? :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I checked with them on why it had a shipping charge and they said that some items are considered oversize and those were excluded from the free shipping. I have no idea how we as consumers are suppose to know what items they will consider oversized before we consider purchasing them, so my advice still holds to walk through the buying process until you see if they are going to tack on the shipping charge.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

By the way, my wife and I are considering saving up to buy the tall Givi windscreen but we wonder how important it is to get the mirror extension kit. I just did some preliminary measurements to see how wide the tall windscreen would be and it looks like it would definitely restrict the turning radius, but how well does this kit solve this problem?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

you you wrote:
Cascanciu wrote:http://www.tcpsa.com/honda/pcx125.htm

I like that one. No silly gap at the base

True. Shame that I haven't seen a PCX with that windshield on to see how it actually looks like. When I had the short Givi on, I noticed less buffeting when I put a cloth in the gap. The Ermax also leaves a gap so perhaps this TCP is the way to go...
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

That TCP looks way to short for my liking, maybe shorter than the short Givi or short Ermax ( at +12cm over stock screen). I wouldnt recommend anything shorter than the tall +25cm Ermax unless you are purely after looks and dont worry about helmet noise or buffeting. But if anyone knows the height of the TCP over the stock screen please post it.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Taz wrote:That TCP looks way to short for my liking, maybe shorter than the short Givi or short Ermax ( at +12cm over stock screen). I wouldnt recommend anything shorter than the tall +25cm Ermax unless you are purely after looks and dont worry about helmet noise or buffeting. But if anyone knows the height of the TCP over the stock screen please post it.
It looks a bit taller than the short Givi, to me. Might be somewhere in between the short Givi and the tall Ermax.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

The short Givi is available in the US on Amazon. It's the Givi D322ST clear for $91.00 with free shipping. Had mine within a week.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Mel46 wrote:By the way, my wife and I are considering saving up to buy the tall Givi windscreen but we wonder how important it is to get the mirror extension kit. I just did some preliminary measurements to see how wide the tall windscreen would be and it looks like it would definitely restrict the turning radius, but how well does this kit solve this problem?
I have the tall Givi without the extensions. You can slightly rotate the mirrors towards the rider and slightly rotate the bars towards the rider as well, the combination of both will make the mirrors just miss the windshield at full lock. You only really need the extensions if you're tall and can't move the bar towards you.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

I quite like the look of the TCP windshield with hand protection:
PCX_windshield2.jpg
PCX_windshield2.jpg (30.44 KiB) Viewed 7372 times
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster