Seat 7 from BikerBitz

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Re: Seat 7 from BikerBitz

Post by Smaug »

I never thought of moving the bars, homie. That's a great idea!
-Jeremy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Smaug wrote:I never thought of moving the bars, homie. That's a great idea!
WhiteNoise and I have done it, riding perky takes effort over slouching in the saddle. You won't be able to move them up much because of the stock windscreen but every little bit helps. Not an easy job to do unfortunately so here are some tips if you are serious.

Buy some gorilla tape and place a piece over the chrome cosmetic cap that covers 4 hex head bolts on the column. Kneed the tape with your fingernail into the cracks around the circular shape of the caps. Rip the tape off with the cap and clean it up for reuse. Buy the highest quality socket/bit drive for that hex bolt, you only get one shot and these are extremely tight (make sure your tool is the right size). No allen wrench multi piece flip tool will ever back these out for you. Bust them loose with your socket wrench, but don't remove the bolts. Move bars up as far as possible checking the contact between the brake lever assembly and the windscreen on both sides while in full turn. Tighten hex bolts and replace chrome caps.

It's actually a nice look for the PCX and certainly a better fit for the American rider over the Asian mans tiny build setup.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

GeorgeSK wrote:You could try to reupholster it yourself or bring it to somebody local. There are threads here on some DYI jobs that have come out very well, and there's plenty of videos to guide you as well. For starters, check out

http://www.sailrite.com/Allsport-4-Way- ... c-Non-Slip

Their example video at the bottom of the page is, in fact, a motorcycle seat.
Good find!! Look at their quality seatcover fabric and those color choices! :P
http://www.sailrite.com/type/Products?k ... t%20fabric

George, I shall post this link on another thread too. The one that lists commonly used websites (or something like that :roll: ) Thanks for bringing this to our attention
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

My pleasure. The cross-pollination of ideas can be surprising. My other forum is for my sailboat brand. A few members have used Sailrite's materials for sail covers, cushions, and even sails, and a couple have stepped up their game with one of their sewing machines. Just what I don't need is another hobby and the tools to support it.

And clearly, the lady making that seat cover was not a first-timer.... She was awesome to watch.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Look here for More about adjusting your handlebars forward(up) or back(down) to your liking:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... ebar+bolts
Adhere to signs of warnings. (Some of us made all the faux pas' in advance for you :oops: :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
onemac
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by onemac »

2 Years now i used this awesome Seat ;-)