Deals Gap This Weekend (April 16)

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Re: Deals Gap This Weekend (April 16)

Post by Wingscribe »

My Killboy (and a 129 Slayer) shots:
Attachments
1087821.jpg
1087821.jpg (268.37 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
1087699.jpg
1087699.jpg (229.59 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
1087698.jpg
1087698.jpg (279.16 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
1087697.jpg
1087697.jpg (245.95 KiB) Viewed 2645 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks great. Post as many as you can
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Man , thats epic.. I don't know how you kept the throttle grip engaged so long.My hand would be cramping especially in cold weather. My ass would be a pancake after 2hrs..and wind buffeting for 7-8 hrs had to be torturous. That's real stamina and desire my friend.. Good for you and glad you enjoyed the adventure. You will forever look back upon it.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Spent too much time writing up this War and Peace level narrative, now for responses:

Robbie:

25-250-2500 miles? Whatever you feel comfortable with - the roads there and back make all the difference. See something new, eat a meal that is out of your comfort zone, chat up complete strangers...that's where the fun is.

GatorGreg

Deals Gap was my destination, but the real fun was just going there and back - pardon the cliche. In the past, I was a guilty as anyone else, pushing like a mad fiend to get there, get there now, don't waste time on the road and cheat yourself out of the good stuff...I now have a different definition of the "good stuff."

you you

I have often told people that size does not matter. As I now have the biggest "post" on the site...well, let me tell you that IT DOES MATTER (hahahahah)!

Oh, and that was the extent of the pics...If I had more than a weekend for this, I would have made more stops (there was a this rotting graveyard of old cars on US Route 27 that I would have loved to get some shots of...but there is always next time...)

easyrider

I was, actually, surprised at how good I felt with such a long ride. Granted, I started off riding (last year, has is only been a year?) on a Geniune Buddy - that little pig was small-small. Wind blew me everwhere, shoulder issues, and I did cramp up often from the throttle on that one. Moving "up" to the PCX, feels like I am on a Goldwing...

And yes, I will always treasure these memories, but I think this is the start of something...something very interesting - a test if you will.

I have always wanted to go back to the outer banks of the Carolinas...scooting those? Now, that would be a trip.

Might have to wait a little while for that one...if only I could get fired...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks to you all for reading my story...appreciate the comments and you are all more than welcome to continue or ask me anything...

Mike
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Love the pics. Makes me want to try it myself, but I live way too far away.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Roberto
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by Roberto »

Great trip report! I have driven this in my truck. First time I ever got seasick on a road. Super photos. Thank you for an entertaining and informative series of posts.
Abi in pace
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I do believe that Maddie dog won a free poster of himself and his dog (dog's name is Maddie, fyi), because of how cute it was. His little dog rides with him when he goes places on his bike. He has since sold his pcx, but the picture was great.
We have a miniature Dragon's Tail here in Georgia that riders go through on weekends to prepare themselves for the big one. It is about 60 miles of curves and switchbacks. I think it was named the road with the most curves in Georgia. It is fun without you having to stress too much. The road is in a circle (though that may be another curved road that intersects with it), so that you can go around and around all day if you would like to. For me, once a day is enough.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Paul, you never live too far away from a stretch of road...doesn't have to have cameras lining it to make it yours, to make it special...but I guess there is something about a long bike trip that can get even me to be all philosophical and junk...love you blog. BTW...

Roberto, I totally understand the getting sick in the drivers seat thing...so strange...

Mel, that sounds really nice, a challenging loop that you can just lose yourself inside of...we have Interstate 275 up here, but is is not quite the same thing...

A week ago I was down at the dragon, now I am back home with my wife and two kids...I love them all, but I am a little homesick for the road...hell, I'm going riding tomorrow morning - who's with me?!?
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Just when you thought it was safe to head south...

I'm heading back to the gap! Heding down this Saturday, just in time to sleep and turn around Sunday morning.

Anyone want to join along? Sorry about the late notice...

Mike
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Looks like a fun trip! Maybe I'll meet up with you next time, it's about halfway between us and I always like an excuse to ride the dragon! :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Maddiedog,

Welcome back to the fold! I am surely headed down to the gap at some point in 2017...I now have the extra time to take more than just a weekend there and back more time to explore those great roads!

When I get some dates together, I will post them in this forum...hope to see you and maybe some others as the PCXs take on the Tail of the Dragon!

Toodles,
Mike