Barnsley area

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Barnsley area

Post by EmilyJEG »

I'm not sure. I was surprised by how dull Castleford seemed :lol: I shall do some "research" when I get a chance :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:I'm not sure. I was surprised by how dull Castleford seemed :lol: I shall do some "research" when I get a chance :)

Got to admit I was only expecting to do Castleford once in my life

Pick a pub with a large car park as the meeting point, find another more picturesque place with a car park about ten miles away and you've planned what I suspect is the first Yorkshire meet and ride out
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

Only one meeting place if your a Biker and thats at the Squires close to Casteford and Leeds http://squires-cafe.co.uk/index.asp
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

uploader wrote:Only one meeting place if your a Biker and thats at the Squires close to Casteford and Leeds http://squires-cafe.co.uk/index.asp

Why not.
lactic

Post by lactic »

EmilyJEG wrote:And I suppose you got a good deal too? :cry: :P

So anybody ever planning on meeting up?
£2395 on 3 years 0%, so not really an amazing deal but good enough for me :)

As for meeting up Squires sounds fine to me, could all meet here (Whitwood Inn, Pioneer Way, Commerce Park, Castleford, WF10 5PE) plenty of space in their car park and if I'm not on shift I can come along and take you on the scenic route to Squires, been there quite a few times for car meets ;)
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lactic wrote:
EmilyJEG wrote:And I suppose you got a good deal too? :cry: :P

So anybody ever planning on meeting up?
£2395 on 3 years 0%, so not really an amazing deal but good enough for me :)

As for meeting up Squires sounds fine to me, could all meet here (Whitwood Inn, Pioneer Way, Commerce Park, Castleford, WF10 5PE) plenty of space in their car park and if I'm not on shift I can come along and take you on the scenic route to Squires, been there quite a few times for car meets ;)

£5 cheaper than mine

Sounds like a plan.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

How did you get your fuelly to work?
lactic

Post by lactic »

qed wrote:How did you get your fuelly to work?
Login to fuelly, click the vehicle you want in your garage, scroll down the bottom and click on the little golden shield icon, then copy from either the first box for large or small banner the text between the [IMG] tags including those tags and then just paste it into the box on here in the user control panel section for your signature, et voila! 8)
Image Image
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Sounds good. If I like to stick to speed limits and hate overtaking anything other than cyclists, will I get lost? I don't want everyone to have disappeared within 17 seconds! :lol:

I am free on Saturdays, and until about 18:30 on Sundays. I will let you know if Josh gets a scooter! :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lactic wrote:
qed wrote:How did you get your fuelly to work?
Login to fuelly, click the vehicle you want in your garage, scroll down the bottom and click on the little golden shield icon, then copy from either the first box for large or small banner the text between the [IMG] tags including those tags and then just paste it into the box on here in the user control panel section for your signature, et voila! 8)
I've tried that but it woulnt work Perhaps it's a "phone" thing and I should try it from a pc
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:Sounds good. If I like to stick to speed limits and hate overtaking anything other than cyclists, will I get lost? I don't want everyone to have disappeared within 17 seconds! :lol:

I am free on Saturdays, and until about 18:30 on Sundays. I will let you know if Josh gets a scooter! :)

Just ride in the middle. The last person looks out for stragglers or breakdowns

You mean when Josh gets a scooter?
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

He's paid the deposit on his scooter! He's getting a Yamaha Vity in white. I don't particularly like it but it's got good storage and it's better than nothing :lol: He can come and do shopping with me now! :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:He's paid the deposit on his scooter! He's getting a Yamaha Vity in white. I don't particularly like it but it's got good storage and it's better than nothing :lol: He can come and do shopping with me now! :)
Result. Hope you didn't nag ;)

When does he pick it up? Is it a 125?
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Not much ;) He should be getting it next Saturday. Yeah, it's 125cc and he preferred it over the Sym that they had there because the big numbers were mph rather than kph.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:Not much ;) He should be getting it next Saturday. Yeah, it's 125cc and he preferred it over the Sym that they had there because the big numbers were mph rather than kph.

That's as good a reason as any :)
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

That was supposed to say "the big numbers on the speedometer were mph rather than kph", but I guess you knew what I meant anyway! Sooo... as for a date, I'm free 18th/19th August and each weekend after that except 22nd/23rd September and 27th/28th October. Things might crop up in the meantime of course, but I currently have no plans.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:That was supposed to say "the big numbers on the speedometer were mph rather than kph", but I guess you knew what I meant anyway! Sooo... as for a date, I'm free 18th/19th August and each weekend after that except 22nd/23rd September and 27th/28th October. Things might crop up in the meantime of course, but I currently have no plans.

Just pick a date and then post it. If you ask you'll never get a common consensus

Be there or be square etc.....
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Sorry I've not been on for a while. Been very busy lately and haven't really had time! :( Not been riding my scooter for a while either - I got soaked about a week and a half ago and I've been sulking about it ever since :lol: The car park is also too far away to be convenient - it's about half a mile, which probably doesn't sound too bad, but it's a nuisance when I'm getting home really late and having to walk back through less than ideal areas. We're looking at moving to a different car park though, so we'll see how that goes.

Josh was rejected for finance, so he didn't get the scooter he was hoping to get. We just assumed he was going to get it because he has a mortgage etc, but he reckons it might be because he's only in a part time job and hasn't been there long enough. Who knows! Anyway, he's paid cash for another scooter - a Sym Jet 4 in blue and white. He got the offer where he pays £99 for TP,F+T insurance, so he's not done too badly at all! Still can't understand why I have to pay so much for mine :roll:

Anyway, I've now got plans for most of August - except for next weekend, when Josh would like me to go riding with him so he can get used to the scooter. So I was thinking maybe Saturday 15th September for meeting up?
lactic

Post by lactic »

I can do the 15th September in the afternoon (working the night before so will be finishing work at 7am that morning) assuming nothing else comes up.
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lactic wrote:I can do the 15th September in the afternoon (working the night before so will be finishing work at 7am that morning) assuming nothing else comes up.

15th then

Lactic
Emily
Josh

Any more?