Barnsley area

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Barnsley area

Post by EmilyJEG »

I'm sure the three of us will have a great time lol :P Thanks for the links, I will make sure we know what we are doing so we don't turn up an hour late like last time we rode anywhere!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'd love to go but I've got to go back to the NE to see my old dad. 170 mile round trip. Not by PCX but I did do it once o_O

Missing Misano qualifying too :|
lactic

Post by lactic »

Yeah probably best if you don't turn up an hour late as then I'll have to arrange alternative transport home as I'll have ended up inside the Whitwood Inn drinking beer :D ;)
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lactic wrote:Yeah probably best if you don't turn up an hour late as then I'll have to arrange alternative transport home as I'll have ended up inside the Whitwood Inn drinking beer :D ;)

It would be an awful shame wouldn't it :lol:
lactic

Post by lactic »

Well that's the first ever uk PCX meet done and dusted then although as there was only actually 2 PCX's there perhaps we should call it a mini meet ;)

The weather was near on perfect with actual real live sunshine which had brought out loads of bikers at Squires, once we finally got there that is, eh Josh :) but we didn't let them scare us as we rolled in on our L plate resplendent scooters :lol:

Of course no meet up is really complete without at least one noteworthy incident and I think on this occasion Josh locking the keys for his scooter in the underseat storage and Emily and I having to ride to Leeds and back to get the spare would be it :D :lol:

Anyway it was great to meet you both Emily & Josh and hopefully we can persuade a few more to attend the next meet if/when there is one, oh and sorry guys but I completely forgot to take any pictures DOH!
Image Image
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

A teensy tiny meet lol :)

At least your scooter got a positive comment from one of the people there! And I didn't hear anyone laughing at us (not even at Josh!) ;)

I enjoyed our unexpected 26 mile round trip - it's nice not being the leader for a change and having to check the mirrors every 20 seconds! Oh, and don't forget the telling off you got from the idiot on the scuffed up bike for taking up about three parking spaces in Leeds haha :D And me getting told off for not giving way to a chavvy pedestrian and his chavvy family, even though the road markings said "Give Way" :lol:

I've had a really good day and hopefully we can do it again sometime. I've noticed quite a few people from the north on here (some a bit further away, but I don't mind travelling) so we might be able to persuade a few others next time :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lactic wrote:Well that's the first ever uk PCX meet done and dusted then although as there was only actually 2 PCX's there perhaps we should call it a mini meet ;)

The weather was near on perfect with actual real live sunshine which had brought out loads of bikers at Squires, once we finally got there that is, eh Josh :) but we didn't let them scare us as we rolled in on our L plate resplendent scooters :lol:

Of course no meet up is really complete without at least one noteworthy incident and I think on this occasion Josh locking the keys for his scooter in the underseat storage and Emily and I having to ride to Leeds and back to get the spare would be it :D :lol:

Anyway it was great to meet you both Emily & Josh and hopefully we can persuade a few more to attend the next meet if/when there is one, oh and sorry guys but I completely forgot to take any pictures DOH!

Excellent. History in the making :)

Wish I could have been there, always wanted to go to squires

Now your on a role you should organise another. Even if it's for next year. Easter Run?
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

You could have come today :P
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:You could have come today :P
I could as it turned out and wish I had tbh
neilk400

Post by neilk400 »

Hi all had my pcx a while would meet up with other pcx owners in the uk for runs ect I live in south wales not far from the gower coast in swansea