Barnsley area

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Barnsley area

Post by EmilyJEG »

Yay! :) Josh picked up his scooter today and we went for a little trip around Leeds. He managed to hit a top speed of about 25mph, so I think we'll have to work on that before the 15th! :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:Yay! :) Josh picked up his scooter today and we went for a little trip around Leeds. He managed to hit a top speed of about 25mph, so I think we'll have to work on that before the 15th! :lol:

Hope you didn't snigger :lol:
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

No, I was being good - I kept pulling over (when it was safe) to allow him to catch up... :P Some drivers are so impatient though. Two cars at separate junctions pulled up beside us to turn the corner in the same direction (one left, one right) - fortunately I saw them and didn't try to go too. It's no wonder so many people get killed when there are so many impatient car drivers on the road! I'm sure they weren't in that much of a hurry on a Saturday afternoon... I was tempted to follow one of them to wherever she was going to tell her not to be so stupid again, but I didn't have the guts! :lol:
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

The above reminds me of a night ride I went on with a scooter gang a couple of years ago...

One of the local scooter clubs is called "Monkey Knife Fight." They're a bunch of crazy PBR-drinking kids my age that party harder in one night than I've partied in my entire life combined... Anyways, they always lead the night ride at a local yearly scooter rally. 2 years ago, some jackass cuts around the whole ride on the wrong side of the road (passing well over 100 scooters) and cuts across to the right to take a right turn in front of the ride (equivalent of cutting across the left for those of you in the UK). He clipped the frontmost rider, sending him tumbling.

At least 10 loons from the gang ZOOM out of the ride (some of them jumping onto the sidewalk to pass the ride) and shoot off after the car, kicking it, whipping it with a chain, etc. The car managed to escape -- cars have a lot more topend than 150cc Vespa 2-strokes.

The guy who tumbled was alright, it was apparently his 2nd time down on that scooter on that side in the same day, so no additional damage was done to him or that scooter.

Drivers here are crazy too. Some people just can't be patient. I just wish more crazy scooterists were around to vandalize their cars. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Unlikely to happen in Barnsley. Have you ever messed with a Barnsley lass, never mind on a scooter. Rougher than a badgers bottom

Except Emily of course ;)

What is PBR?
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Lol... it's okay, I'm not from Barnsley ;)

That sounds quite good actually, I bet he regretted doing it! It's shocking that people don't stop after causing accidents like that though - even if he was being a prat, surely anybody with any compassion would want to see if the person they had potentially injured was okay. It's like those children who were knocked down in Leeds the other day (link) :( Some people are crazy!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:Lol... it's okay, I'm not from Barnsley

OMG Donnie o_O !!!
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

I was born in Derby, brought up in Middlesbrough and now live in Leeds :P
uploader
Regular User
Regular User

Post by uploader »

People in Barnsley only stop after a accident to check the victim pockets,

Am not saying Barnsley is bad but my mate once had his tires stolen it wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't doing 80mph at the time.

we still wear padlocks on our shoelaces to stop the buggers stealing them :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

A Barnsley virgin is a girl that can run faster than her brothers...
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Oh my, you folks are awful. Barnsley can't be that bad?

qed -
PBR is hippie beer. I've had people who drink it describe it as sex in a canoe ("it's fucking close to water"). Ironically, the person who told me that didn't catch that the euphemism they had just used was supposed to be used to describe the beer as being shitty, waterlike piss... All he thought of was, "sex is fun, canoes are fun, so this beer must be good. Right? Right?" Yeah, I got the hell out of that fraternity party.

Anyways, PBR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pabst_Blue_Ribbon
images.jpg
images.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'll pinch the sex in a canoe line if I can :D

Near beer we call it
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Are we still meeting up next week? :)
lactic

Post by lactic »

As long as the weather holds I'll be there.
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I can't make it. :(
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Well, sucks to be you! :P Only joking :) I'm sure we can meet up some other time!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

EmilyJEG wrote:Well, sucks to be you! :P Only joking :) I'm sure we can meet up some other time!
Oh don't be like that :D I never put my name on to go

I was only trying to help you get something organised. I don't think anyone else had got close to organise a meet. I admire your spirit, more balls than most blokes. And I love to go on a meet
lactic

Post by lactic »

Okey dokey then, so I mentioned before about meeting at the Whitwood Inn which is here - http://goo.gl/maps/B6Ec4

For those of you coming from Leeds here's reasonably quiet route you can follow to get there - http://goo.gl/maps/bxdPI

And once everyone is there I was thinking we could follow this route over to Squires for a brew - http://goo.gl/maps/Xbmpo

As far as a meeting time at the Whitwood Inn is concerned how does 13:30 suit people?
Image Image
lactic

Post by lactic »

Oh and I spose we'd best have a list too :)

Lactic
Emily
Josh
Image Image
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Come on. Anyone else in the Leeds/Yorkshire area up for this. Could be the first English pcx meet