San Diego group ride today

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

San Diego group ride today

Post by Duggle »

So, I went on a ride with the San Diego Scooter Squadron today, which is a meetup.com group. There were 20 riders on a variety of scooters. Makes present were Honda, Vespa, Yamaha, Suzuki, Piaggio, Genuine, Aprilia, Kymco and I think a generic Chinese 150.

It was supposed to be a 100 mile ride around a lot of winding highway along the coast and inland. It ended up starting to rain up in Del Mar (I know, San Diego, right?) and we ended up cancelling a little after so it was only about a 30 mile ride. The majority rode back to the start (myself included) and a few carried on in the rain. I think that this ride is going to be redone as the first Saturday ride of next month so I'll retry it then. I really like the route of this ride around a lot of lagoons, harmony grove, elfin forest and lake hodges and the dam.

From the amount of time that I was on the ride it was a lot of fun, and I met a lot of cool people. My first experience with group riding, the hand signals, riding in staggered and single file as road permitted and all that. I definitely recommend finding some people in your area to ride with and try this.

I'm in the red jacket, there was another couple two-up on a black pcx in the front row of this pic.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: San Diego group ride today

Post by WhiteNoise »

Fun!! Very Cool Duggle! You found a group to roll with! Maybe 30 miles first round was meant to be, it gave you a "get to know what you're doing run." Next month you'll enjoy it more because of this experience. I never rode with a group. I've heard it's fun and read the same but I've also read that things can turn on a dime so just be mindful/aware. "One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch." But that's true even in a bar with feets on the ground (umm..well maybe not both feet on the ground) :roll: I take that back! :lol:
Glad for you, and smidgen jealous too ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
dem0nk1d
Regular User
Regular User

Re: San Diego group ride today

Post by dem0nk1d »

Duggle & SD Riders!

This Sat is going to be a killer ride by Riderzblok. Hope to see some of you local PCX guys out there! I'll be rolling the black debadaged PCX, shorty exhaust, and integrated front turn signals. Shouldn't be hard to spot!

If you need more info PM me.