across the US and back on the PCX125... my experiences

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

pozo

Re: across the US and back on the PCX125... my experiences

Post by pozo »

Lee.R wrote:
dustin91 wrote:Lee, if your recommendation allows me to set a route on Google Maps and download it to my iPhone to run on some app, then let me profess my love for you now. :lol:
Here you go.
Thanks! This looks quite cool; will have to try it out.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

pozo wrote:
you you wrote:Anymore on this story, it's going a bit cold
Bear with me --I have been swamped with things, and slowly getting back to this write-up. I'm in the process of setting up a website to document the trip, where I can tell a coherent story, rather post it in haphazard segments. I'm also trying to retrace my route in Google maps, which has proven time-consuming. There are a large number of photographs to edit as well, so the whole process is taking more time that I originally anticipated.
Rest assured, I will get to it. (There are folks outside the PCX Forum that are requesting this write-up as well.) In the meantime, I would be happy to answer any specific questions...
Thanks. Be sure to post a link to the site once you're done the setup.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gohjohan

Post by gohjohan »

It's very inspiring. After reading this, I feel I have not made the wrong decision in choosing this scooter. I hope one day, I too can go around Australia with the PCX.
andy

Post by andy »

WOW what a truely amazing trip i take my hat off to you !!!!!!!
markz

Post by markz »

My ass is sore just thinking about it!

Great story!

BTW: Your PCX hogged the camera, where are you in the photos. Maybe your PCX did the trip without you, and your just taking credit!
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

I appreciate the OP remaining anonymous, there are enough gurning idiots on the internet already :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Scottish wrote:I appreciate the OP remaining anonymous, there are enough gurning idiots on the internet already :D

Not a selfie person then?
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

you you wrote:
Scottish wrote:I appreciate the OP remaining anonymous, there are enough gurning idiots on the internet already :D

Not a selfie person then?

No strict Catholic!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

If I'm interpreting correctly...
Attachments
ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png
ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png (17.83 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Great thread! Great adventure!

I've done a couple of long(ish) road trips myself (with some mates on 50cc 'peds!!) so I'm gonna follow this thread with great interest. :)

Well played fellah!
RusticCharm
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by RusticCharm »

I have been inspired. There is about 19 inches of snow on the ground here now and more falling as I write but I am now thinking about doing some longer day trips when the snow is gone. My longest so far have been about 60 miles. This thread has gotten me interested in trying build up my endurance and eventually try some overnight trips.
rendra

Post by rendra »

Hi Pozo, really awesome trip and report! Thanks for sharing.

I've ride from Pennsylvania to Oklahoma and other states during my time in the US, but never thought of using a small displacement scooter! Your trip is really awesome!

Now I use a PCX150 for tourings. Agree with you that PCX is in fact an excellent bike for long trips, no doubt! If in the US almost 100% of road touring will be on smooth hard surface, in my country usually at least 15% of the route will be gravel or dirt track. And still, the PCX can handle it nicely!

We have almost similar configuration/ modification on the PCX! :D

For the GPS, I have to use 2 GPS. One is a Garmin Streetpilot apps installed on my iPhone, and another one is a Garmin Oregon 550t. Reason I need the Oregon is for navigating uncharted trails. I also use a RAM mount to hold the iPhone. For power to the gadgets I installed dual outlet power socket inside the glove box. It take up the box but I feel it safer. I use larger cable for the power socket so in case my bike's battery run flat, I can just connect my cigarettle lighter jumper cable to another bike's/ car battery. See my cockpit view attached.
Cockpit view
Cockpit view
image.jpeg (124.11 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

Let me know if you have plans to travel to Asia and especially Indonesia. I'll be happy to ride and show you the beautiful places in this beautiful country.

Keep riding!
Rendra
Jakarta - Indonesia
Ride and Share with www.nusantaride.com
Indonesia, One Nation, Riders Heaven!
pozo

Post by pozo »

rendra wrote: Let me know if you have plans to travel to Asia and especially Indonesia. I'll be happy to ride and show you the beautiful places in this beautiful country.

Keep riding!
Rendra
Jakarta - Indonesia
Rendra,

Thanks very much for your kind offer. I would love to ride through Indonesia someday --it is indeed a beautiful place.

My apologies, I haven't been on this forum in a while...
bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

What a fantastic trip pozo. Thanks so much for sharing with us. There is a trip from Michigan to Chicago, Chicago to Florida, Florida to Maine and Maine near some of the Great Lakes back to Michigan. I hope to take my wife and our 6.5 pound toy dog. I'll have to buy the Forza to do this. I hope one day... Please keep us posted... Thanks again my friend. Ride safe.
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

pozo wrote: Bear with me --I have been swamped with things, and slowly getting back to this write-up. I'm in the process of setting up a website to document the trip, where I can tell a coherent story, rather post it in haphazard segments. I'm also trying to retrace my route in Google maps, which has proven time-consuming. There are a large number of photographs to edit as well, so the whole process is taking more time that I originally anticipated.

Rest assured, I will get to it. (There are folks outside the PCX Forum that are requesting this write-up as well.) In the meantime, I would be happy to answer any specific questions...
Are you still working on this?
pozo

Post by pozo »

cessna151 wrote: Are you still working on this?
Yes, but this has been put on the back burner again, as I'm getting prepared for my next trip. Will be even longer --perhaps a world-record for the PCX...?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

You should do a trip log here! PM me if you want me to set up a custom thread for you. We'll gladly host any images of your adventures so you can post them wherever. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

Can you tell us anything about your plans for your next PCX 150 road trip?
pozo

Post by pozo »

bountybuddy wrote:Can you tell us anything about your plans for your next PCX 150 road trip?
Looking at Washington, DC -> Alaska -> New Orleans -> Key West, FL -> DC.

Estimated length: somewhere over 10K miles.

We'll see if time & resources permit this....
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

What a gret ride! Wondering if anyone knows how much it costs to get in to this rally? Do they limit the number of riders? Is it held every year? I know, too many questions but I am intrigued.