Sturgis

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Sturgis

Post by PKrellner »

I'm posting this in rides and events since it is a question about Sturgis. Sturgis hosts a huge motorcycle rally every year and I was just wondering if any of you with a scooter have ever gone there with a scooter or had the balls to do it. Would you get run out of town or what? Are there any large scooter rallies in the US? So far I've located one scooter club that was started and since died here in southern Utah. Seems there's no interest here. I myself would never even think of going anywhere near Sturgis except to see the crowds and the variety of bikes there. I've met a few bikers on the road that were headed there and the conversations I had with them were very interesting not to mention their beautiful bikes.
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Sturgis

Post by Indyglow »

We ride to Sturgis, Michigan most years in August during the week of the real Sturgis rally in South Dakota, just to say we went to Sturgis. Hanging around with drunk partiers isn't my idea of a good time, so we were never interested in going to the real Sturgis rally.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Indyglow wrote:We ride to Sturgis, Michigan most years in August during the week of the real Sturgis rally in South Dakota, just to say we went to Sturgis. Hanging around with drunk partiers isn't my idea of a good time, so we were never interested in going to the real Sturgis rally.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

PKrellner wrote: Sturgis hosts a huge motorcycle rally every year and I was just wondering........

Well that's where you are wrong. Sturgis is a "Harley Rally", not a motorcycle rally. Dont assume that other brands would be welcome. (well maybe the occasional BMW) But who would want to attend that drunk-fest anyway??
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Slickvic wrote:
PKrellner wrote: Sturgis hosts a huge motorcycle rally every year and I was just wondering........

Well that's where you are wrong. Sturgis is a "Harley Rally", not a motorcycle rally. Dont assume that other brands would be welcome. (well maybe the occasional BMW) But who would want to attend that drunk-fest anyway??
Never been but would be happy to go on any bike. Most motorcyclists are just harmless idiots
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

I just saw this video on motortrends website. This sounds more like an event I'd want to attend on any2 wheeled vehicle.

Montreal California:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3sDXbxt ... ata_player[/youtube]
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »