Riding Hwy 30 and Others with Pics...

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Riding Hwy 30 and Others with Pics...

Post by skuuter »

Hwy 30 is a "Famous To-n-From Road" in Tennessee. Most Riders crossing Tennessee from West to East to get to the Smokies Area, put Hwy 30 on Their Bucket List. It takes You from McMinnville, Tn over to the the Cherohala Skyway Town of Tellico Plains. We have ridden this Route many, many times...always fun, and never gets old...!!! We rode Twisty Hwy 30 to Fall Creek Falls State Park, then on to the Hwy 101 turn-off into Crossville, Tennessee Sunday, using twisty Hwy 101 to complete the ride to the CATFISH CABIN there. On the way back, we took some more Twisties, like Bone Cave Road, Post Office Road, and Hwy 136 over to Rock Island State Park. Here are a "few" Pics.....

Well, another Great 268 mile Sunday on the PCX150s..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Riding Hwy 30 and Others with Pics...

Post by kramnala58 »

Great post Skuuter! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

You definitely know how to have a good time. Nice pics. Do you care if I add a few to the PCX page?
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

kramnala58 wrote:Great post Skuuter! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.

THANKS..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

strkngfang wrote:You definitely know how to have a good time. Nice pics. Do you care if I add a few to the PCX page?

Start adding....the More, the Better.....!!!!!... 8)
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

Thanks, skuuter :)
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

That ride looks really great, especially coming from Massachusetts (land of potholes and frost heaves).
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

strkngfang wrote:Thanks, skuuter :)
...... ;)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

GeorgeSK wrote:That ride looks really great, especially coming from Massachusetts (land of potholes and frost heaves).

THANKS...Yep, my whole Area is a Great Riding Area, pretty much year round...!!!!!... 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

It reminds me a bit of the area my wife and I rode in today, except our area is in the North Georgia mountain area. I'm beginning to worry about my wife though. She found out how well the PCX handles and now she takes the curves with zest. Hers handles the curves better than my Burgman but she forgets that. I get more impressed with that little scooter every day. By the way, we have been looking up BBQ places and riding to them up in the north Georgia area, so maybe we can have some recommendations pretty soon. I hope we can get a group together some time and go for a ride to the better ones. If anyone has any favorites let me know and maybe, just maybe, we might make to them to taste test them also.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's a scooter ride!! Lovely, and with fun twisties, meant for a PCX (or two ;) Way to go!
Thanks for sharing skuuter!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Mel46 wrote:It reminds me a bit of the area my wife and I rode in today, except our area is in the North Georgia mountain area. I'm beginning to worry about my wife though. She found out how well the PCX handles and now she takes the curves with zest. Hers handles the curves better than my Burgman but she forgets that. I get more impressed with that little scooter every day. By the way, we have been looking up BBQ places and riding to them up in the north Georgia area, so maybe we can have some recommendations pretty soon. I hope we can get a group together some time and go for a ride to the better ones. If anyone has any favorites let me know and maybe, just maybe, we might make to them to taste test them also.
Go still farther North....Carolina Bar-B-Q at Cashiers, North Carolina...... ;)

We ride the North Georgia Area some around Blood Mountain, the Elijay Area, Hwy 60, etc., etc. ....Great Riding..... 8)
Last edited by skuuter on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

WhiteNoise wrote:That's a scooter ride!! Lovely, and with fun twisties, meant for a PCX (or two ;) Way to go!
Thanks for sharing skuuter!
You're Welcome, Anytime..... ;)
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Great RR. My Dad's family came from west of Crossville, the other side of Smith's Chapel on highway 70.
I hope to get over that way and visit Rugby where my Grandmother had a home sometime this fall.
The Cumberland Plateau offers some great riding, indeed!
Thanks again!
Driller
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Driller wrote:Great RR. My Dad's family came from west of Crossville, the other side of Smith's Chapel on highway 70.
I hope to get over that way and visit Rugby where my Grandmother had a home sometime this fall.
The Cumberland Plateau offers some great riding, indeed!
Thanks again!
Driller

You're Welcome...Anytime... ;) ...Gimme' a "yell" if You ever go there and can bring Your PCX...We can go riding..... 8)