PCX150 Riding...

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

PCX150 Riding...

Post by skuuter »

After parting Company with the PCX125 Scooters, my Wife and I bought PCX150s...WOW, what a difference...!!!...besides the extra Top Speed, the Best Gain from the 150s is Their ability to maintain speed, even on long mountain climbs and steep hills. Climbs that my PCX125 would get down to 40-45 mph on, my PCX150 crests them at 60+ mph. We've ridden Them a lot in the short time we've had Them, and taken 3 "several hundred miles in a day" Trips...a few Pics from PCX150 Ownership.....

In my opinion, the PCX150 is worth trading Your PCX125 in on...much better long haul Scooter, and great even 2-up.....!!!!!
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
ScooterKim
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: PCX150 Riding...

Post by ScooterKim »

Hey Skuuter! nice color choice! but, what is that huge object on the back of your bike? ever hear the term, eating for two? well, are you carrying for two? just kidding... I couldn't resist. I just bought my 150 and glad I did not own the 125. I like the get up and go, the maneuverability, and especially that I can flat foot it. I test "sat" a lot of scooters before I bought my PCX and you would think the manufacturers would take into consideration a 5'7 woman and the seat size. Good luck with your scooters. thanks for the pics... I want to sit in front of that market one day after riding Cherohala pass and camping in the Smokies!
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Hi Skuuter. I didn't realize the performance gap was that large between the 125 and the 150. I've been leaning toward moving up to a Forza but maybe I should ride both the 150 and the Forza when it becomes available.

Did your 125's hold their value well enough that you didn't take too bad of a beating on the upgrade?

Which windsreens are you using? They look similar to my Givi 322ST but maybe slightly taller.

Don
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

GeezyRider wrote: I've been leaning toward moving up to a Forza but maybe I should ride both the 150 and the Forza when it becomes available.

The Forza would blow a 150 out the water.
No comparison needed, the Forza will be comfier, faster and have much better storage.

The 150 will use slightly less fuel and will be cheaper to purchase, but Forza services are 8000 miles apart.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

ScooterKim wrote:Hey Skuuter! nice color choice! but, what is that huge object on the back of your bike? ever hear the term, eating for two? well, are you carrying for two? just kidding... I couldn't resist. I just bought my 150 and glad I did not own the 125. I like the get up and go, the maneuverability, and especially that I can flat foot it. I test "sat" a lot of scooters before I bought my PCX and you would think the manufacturers would take into consideration a 5'7 woman and the seat size. Good luck with your scooters. thanks for the pics... I want to sit in front of that market one day after riding Cherohala pass and camping in the Smokies!

Kim, that "Huge Object on the Back" is my "Doppler Radar Unit"....keeps me aware of impending weather...... :lol: ...We have the Luxury of living about 3 to 4 hours away from the Smokies Area using nothing but twisty, scenic roads.....!!!!!
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

GeezyRider wrote:Hi Skuuter. I didn't realize the performance gap was that large between the 125 and the 150. I've been leaning toward moving up to a Forza but maybe I should ride both the 150 and the Forza when it becomes available.

Did your 125's hold their value well enough that you didn't take too bad of a beating on the upgrade?

Which windsreens are you using? They look similar to my Givi 322ST but maybe slightly taller.

Don
The Forza and PCX150 are totally different "Creatures", with the Forza having performance in the Silver Wing Range (I've owned 4 Silver Wing 600s also), but with actually better handling and a lighter weight. If $$$ and gas mileage are concerns, and the PCX Scooters fit that range, the 150 (IMO) is several cuts above the 125. I put over 10,000 miles on one of the PCX125s, so I spent quite a bit of time with it....lost about $1000 per Scooter, but rode Them a lot, so not too "painful"..... ;)
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

gn2 wrote:
GeezyRider wrote: I've been leaning toward moving up to a Forza but maybe I should ride both the 150 and the Forza when it becomes available.

The Forza would blow a 150 out the water.
No comparison needed, the Forza will be comfier, faster and have much better storage.

The 150 will use slightly less fuel and will be cheaper to purchase, but Forza services are 8000 miles apart.
TRUE....the Forza and PCX are totally different Catagories of Scooters....posted "quick comparisons" above..... ;)
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

Thanks for your input on the two bikes Skuuter. Performance and comfort vs. economy. But if I looked as good on my PCX as you do on yours, it would be a no brainer--I'd keep the PCX forever! Seriously, I really like my PCX and the 100 MPG it delivers. If the 150 does have more punch with similar fuel economy I'm going to give it a lot of consideration. Besides, if I got a red 150 my wife wouldn't even know I got a new bike! :lol:

Don
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:After parting Company with the PCX125 Scooters, my Wife and I bought PCX150s...WOW, what a difference...!!!...besides the extra Top Speed, the Best Gain from the 150s is Their ability to maintain speed, even on long mountain climbs and steep hills. Climbs that my PCX125 would get down to 40-45 mph on, my PCX150 crests them at 60+ mph. We've ridden Them a lot in the short time we've had Them, and taken 3 "several hundred miles in a day" Trips...a few Pics from PCX150 Ownership.....

In my opinion, the PCX150 is worth trading Your PCX125 in on...much better long haul Scooter, and great even 2-up.....!!!!!

700 miles on a PCX in a day is incredible for us normal humans. You must have ridden for the best part of 20 hours
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:

700 miles on a PCX in a day is incredible for us normal humans. You must have ridden for the best part of 20 hours
Where did You get "700 miles in a day on a PCX" from...???...We've ridden 400-500 per day several times including last weekend on PCXs, and I've done a lot of 600+ and seven 800+ mile days on Motorcycles over the years...!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:
you you wrote:

Where did You get "700 miles in a day on a PCX" from...???...We've ridden 400-500 per day several times including last weekend on PCXs, and I've done a lot of 600+ and seven 800+ mile days on Motorcycles over the years...!!!

” taken 3 "several hundred miles in a day" Trips.”
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Several means 3 or more, not seven
ImageImage
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

We just went as far as the local butchers today. Weather is definitely scorchio

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

logepoge1 wrote:Several means 3 or more, not seven
That would be few

Couple
Few
Some
Several
Many
Lots
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373216946.406427.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373216946.406427.jpg (116.74 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
Definition of several
ImageImage
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Can't beat a free dictionary via google. You win
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Meriam-Webster
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373227757.324104.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373227757.324104.jpg (167.82 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
ImageImage
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

No "Biggie" Guys..... :lol: ....Mitzie and I ride a lot, rain or shine, and normally, a "Ride" always consists of upwards of 200 miles, no matter if it's on a 50cc Ruckus, or a larger Scooter. Most Motorcycle "Rides" are 400+ miles for the most part. "Soon", we should be down to (2) 2013 Honda PCX150 Scooters and (2) 2014 Honda Forza 300 Scooters. I sold the Honda 1800 F6B Motorcycle Saturday. This will be Our first time ever of solely owning Scooters with no "Motorcycle Back-up" sitting in the Garage.....Looking forward to it..... 8)

you you, Great Pic of Ya'lls Scooters...what are you grilling us now...???... ;) :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

skuuter wrote:No "Biggie" Guys..... :lol: ....Mitzie and I ride a lot, rain or shine, and normally, a "Ride" always consists of upwards of 200 miles, no matter if it's on a 50cc Ruckus, or a larger Scooter. Most Motorcycle "Rides" are 400+ miles for the most part. "Soon", we should be down to (2) 2013 Honda PCX150 Scooters and (2) 2014 Honda Forza 300 Scooters. I sold the Honda 1800 F6B Motorcycle Saturday. This will be Our first time ever of solely owning Scooters with no "Motorcycle Back-up" sitting in the Garage.....Looking forward to it..... 8)

you you, Great Pic of Ya'lls Scooters...what are you grilling us now...???... ;) :D
Actually joking aside I might be in the same boat. My wife finally got the bike she wanted and then only did 1000 miles in three years. But maybe 5 times that on a scooter. And had a better laugh.

So she went out last weekend on the PCX and decided she wanted one and said where are we going to go them

No bbq. Went for lamb shanks. Butcher said he had sold out but come back next week. Don't look at the next pictures!!

skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:
skuuter wrote:No "Biggie" Guys..... :lol: ....Mitzie and I ride a lot, rain or shine, and normally, a "Ride" always consists of upwards of 200 miles, no matter if it's on a 50cc Ruckus, or a larger Scooter. Most Motorcycle "Rides" are 400+ miles for the most part. "Soon", we should be down to (2) 2013 Honda PCX150 Scooters and (2) 2014 Honda Forza 300 Scooters. I sold the Honda 1800 F6B Motorcycle Saturday. This will be Our first time ever of solely owning Scooters with no "Motorcycle Back-up" sitting in the Garage.....Looking forward to it..... 8)

Actually joking aside I might be in the same boat. My wife finally got the bike she wanted and then only did 1000 miles in three years. But maybe 5 times that on a scooter. And had a better laugh.

So she went out last weekend on the PCX and decided she wanted one and said where are we going to go them

No bbq. Went for lamb shanks. Butcher said he had sold out but come back next week. Don't look at the next pictures!!

"PCX Picnic" with Lamb Shanks......I'm in..... :D