Pushing Spring...

Meetups, rallies, or scooter-related events.

Moderator: Modsquad

Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Pushing Spring...

Post by Shoe »

48 degrees at the house (3 miles from Lake St Clair) a connecting water from Lake Huron and Lake Erie

Been itching to get over to Harsen's Island just 30 some miles to the North. One of my favorite spots during the early spring. It's primarily a marsh with some high-priced homes and there's only a few ways to get there. Eiher the Ferry from the mainland, boat or the airstrip.

Nice and warm at the house, like mentioned above, but the shoreline was cold much like January. Too late to turn back?

Some shoreline effects

The road to the ferry took me into New Baltimore at the bottom of Anchor Bay

A cool little town about 40 miles north of Detroit

Another stop along the way (just to warm up and have a smoke) The end of Anchor Bay Drive

Finally hit the Ferry to Harsen's

Like going back in time...

One of the first freighters of the season in the background

A closer look with the PCX in the foreground. This one was from Toronto on the way to Milwaukee, Chicago, or...

One of my favorite homes along the shipping channel. Probably worth a couple mil, considering even a 1 room cabin goes for 200 grand

The Southwest side of the Island. Muskamoot Bay We call it the Moot for short. Legendary for summer fun (http://www.jobbienooner.com) :o

110 mile ride, most of it quite cold, but beats sitting around the house.

come on Summer!!!!!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Pushing Spring...

Post by Taz »

Nice, we've got a Lake St Clair near us too. Will see if I can get the scooter club interested in riding there. Great pics,what are the white spikes on the roof of the big house?
Attachments
Lake St Clair.jpg
Lake St Clair.jpg (75.09 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
calinaz

Post by calinaz »

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. From your pics, the places all look deserted, must have been pretty cold!
Before doing anything stupid, make sure there are no uninvited witnesses...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

3 B's.... "Burr" "Bravo" and "Beautiful!" Cool pics! That is a really nice house. Those thingies on top of the roof we call lightening rods in Florida. I'm chiming in with Taz....what are they called there?
Thanks for the viewing ride. Keep warm, better days ahead :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Great Pics. I hope more PCX riders do the same this year and post road trip pics.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

Thanks Guys!

I do believe the tall spike is a VHF (marine band) antenna. As for the others, maybe lightening rods or just plain decor.

Yes it was quite deserted for a Saturday afternoon. Many of those homes are weekend cottages. During the Summer months they run up to 4 ferries. This time of year the ferry service can become hit and miss. Some of the residents will be stranded for weeks at a time when the channel gets blocked with ice from Lake Huron.

Speaking of lightening. Here's a picture of my neighbor down at Camp

His nest was hit by lightening last year and the chicks got fried. We'll they're back (in the same tree, bigger nest)
tomtic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by tomtic »

Wonderful pictures - and great inspiration for us all to get out ..... once things warm up a little.
I was interested to see the temperature was 48 degrees (about 9 degrees Celsius) which is a bit warmer than here in England over the past few days.
Nice to have such lovely scenery within a day's ride.
Hopefully if we get some good weather over here soon, we can post some a few pics - just to prove it doesn't always rain this side of the Pond!! :D
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Great pictures. Looks cold, but fun. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes