Teamtd11's PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Teamtd11's PCX

Post by Teamtd11 »

To start I never really did much with my post on another forum ;p But i have some plans for my PCX so hopefully they will all appear on here.
Oh and Teamtd11 is something i made up when i was 12 and i have ended up using it ever since. If its easier most people call me Ray.

This is Sonoshee Honda (Named after Sonoshee Mclaren from the anime movie Redline)

So to bring this up to date. I needed a way to get around. Bus prices are always going up and because I live in a ever so slightly remote location I used to get charged crazy prices. Learning to drive is a costly thing and been 24 and having no wheels is not a good thing ;)
I started looking for a bike and quickly fell for the PCX. I ended up going to the closest showroom with a deposit in my hand and promptly bought myself this fine PCX.

I then ran around arranging my CBT, Getting a helmet of my grandad and buying a jacket and gloves from my boss ready for the big day. I had my CBT due on the same day i was due to pick up the PCX but unfortunately the weather had other ideas. Delaying the final part of the CBT for a few days. So rather than been able to go and pick up my bike and ride to work on it the next day we had to go pick it up and bring it home on a trailer.

A few days later i was able to finish off my CBT on my bike so after a few laps around the training area it was off out onto the open roads for the first time with a brand new bike. I passed and was able to then ride away at last :)
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Teamtd11's PCX

Post by Teamtd11 »

This is how she is now

Only things changes so far is the Step-boards and the Blue wheel stickers. But in then next couple of months i should be getting a TCP Windshield and i plan to put a 12V socket in to keep my phone charged.

Top speed so far. Thats using a Sony Xperia Neo using Android-Speedometer app

More to come sometime soon hopefully

Oh and my Fuelly is here http://www.fuelly.com/driver/teamtd11/pcx-2 :)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Thats the good thing about the black one, you can get away with putting awesome colour rim tape on the wheels, on the white one it looks abit naff with any colour other than white :(
I found it hard to decide between white and black.
Like the step boards too.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

Woolley wrote:Thats the good thing about the black one, you can get away with putting awesome colour rim tape on the wheels, on the white one it looks abit naff with any colour other than white :(
I found it hard to decide between white and black.
Like the step boards too.
You can do red on white:

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

not a fan of red.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

I think that Carrera would would look better in black with the red.
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

This is where my PCX goes to sleep on a night :)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Your PCX sleeps in the house! I have a sony neo too. Pretty good phone dont you think? Just updated firmware and love the auto pano feature on the phone

Sent using Tapatalk
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

I don't quite trust leaving it on the street, also its a bus stop out the front of my house so i would have to park it quite a distance from the house. No back yard either so its up the plank of wood and into the house :)

I used to have a Orange San Fransisco so the Neo is quite a upgrade :P Currently running the latest software and have the phone rooted to allow me to uninstall all the cr*p :P Miss the CRT animation when locking the screen though :(
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Any pointers how to root the phone as there is too much crwp on there as you say

Sent using Tapatalk
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

Yep all the info is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1321582

There is also a unroot script too. useful for when the update for Ice Cream Sandwich (aka android 4.0) comes out :) Though any software updates should just apply over the top. unroot the phone and reinstall the cr*p better to be safe and unroot it first.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Another Nice Lookin' BLACK One....I like the Footboards...!!!
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Teamd thanks for the linky :)
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

Thanks Skuuter :)

and No problem TC3. Got your PM but i cant use PM's yet (guess its by post count :P) So further off topic but if you have debugging mode on and connect the phone up as long as you have no uninstalled devices you wont need any drivers

You can get the drivers from here http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wport ... c=gb&lc=en if you do need them :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

You should be able to PM now, I think it was a 5 post limit. :)

I park my scooter in a shed, although it has "slept" in the house a couple of times when I was working on it. Luckily, I have a very understanding wife that allows me to have scooters completely disassembled in our living room. :lol:

Where will your L plate go when you get the windshield? Will you get a fork mount?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Thanks Teamd all rooted. However it looks a bit like rocket science as i have no idea how to remove applications. I will have a good nose around XDA developers website!
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

maddiedog wrote:You should be able to PM now, I think it was a 5 post limit. :)

I park my scooter in a shed, although it has "slept" in the house a couple of times when I was working on it. Luckily, I have a very understanding wife that allows me to have scooters completely disassembled in our living room. :lol:

Where will your L plate go when you get the windshield? Will you get a fork mount?
Still shows me "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature." but i guess it will start working soon :P

I would love to be able to work on mine in the living room, but its a flat i rent so the downstairs area is just big enough to fit a scooter and some wood to get it up the steps :P Getting it up the stairs would be a bit of a challenge
TC3 wrote:Thanks Teamd all rooted. However it looks a bit like rocket science as i have no idea how to remove applications. I will have a good nose around XDA developers website!
You will need the app "root uninstall" but dont go crazy with what you remove. I just got rid of facebook, Golf, Office (as i have the pro version anyway) and anything else that is just a app and nothing the system needs. Have fun!
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Cheers I downloaded Titanium free to uninstall a few things and a font application to change phone font.
You are very lucky you can just get the PCX into the hallway. I feel sorry for anyone who has to leave a bike out on the street.
Sent using Tapatalk
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

The minimum post count for PMs is 15. Just FYI. =)
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

Just fitted this today
Now i can keep my phone charged wherever i am :)

Though the socket i got had nothing to secure it in from behind *doh* so i have ordered this one.
It should do the job better and it will only be a simple task of swapping in into place and connecting the wires to it :)