Yes !!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Yes !!

Post by fish »

Scooter'in again through the boonies to my coffee village. Finally!

In a mesh jacket, no balaclava or heated gloves !!

Got my primo parking spot and greeted all my fellow weirdos..... it was a great morning!
Fish
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Yes !!

Post by gn2 »

Says a lot that you've kept the Like while swapping around through other scooters.
How long have you had it now?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Nice looking scoot, i'd have to change out the mirrors, though.....
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Jge64 wrote:Nice looking scoot, i'd have to change out the mirrors, though.....
Absolutely agree the mirrors are an eye-sore! But stock mirrors and mirror extenders did not work for me - these do! Perfect view behind me.
You think the mirrors are strange - take a look at my goofy looking seat rebuild! Comfy as heck - the stock seat was thin with a tail-bone killing plastic ridge in the seat pan. Only bothered you if you were taller than the target buyers in Asia.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

gn2 wrote:Says a lot that you've kept the Like while swapping around through other scooters.
How long have you had it now?
Yeah, gn2 - have had this scoot for 5 years now. Replaced my 25 yr old Jetta (25 Ohio salted winters) with the LIKE for my work commutes.....which was a step into whatever since I live in Ohio & we have only sketchy public transport.
It is an April 2012 model purchased new in May 2013. Bullet proof (save for 5% of 2012's having bad batch of throttle position sensors - which will fail just within or just outside the 2 yr warranty), and dead simple to reach all the service areas. Hasn't seen a dealer since replacing the TPS & adding 3 Michelin tires.

LIKE has @14,000 miles - with another 18,000 spread around a Forza, Burgman & a Piaggio since I've taken up 2 wheels again. (wife sold my last bike for me while I was in Vietnam - so it's been awhile)

Will keep the Kymco till it blows up....hard to do with freq. oil changes and valve checks ...at my 35>40mph.
Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Going steady 5 yrs now, "Keep it Comin' Love"
Truly a good looker! Winner of Likes. Like it or Not! 8)

You mentioned yer fugly comfy seat! Pic pleeze...

And then go look here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8485
Whatcha think?

P.S. I've got helmet checker decals sitting in my amazon basket. Did you get yours there? Are they reflective? Good quality? Easy on?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:Going steady 5 yrs now, "Keep it Comin' Love"
Truly a good looker! Winner of Likes. Like it or Not! 8)

You mentioned yer fugly comfy seat! Pic pleeze...

And then go look here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8485
Whatcha think?

P.S. I've got helmet checker decals sitting in my amazon basket. Did you get yours there? Are they reflective? Good quality? Easy on?
That's a cool video!
The corner diner brought to mind the Edward Hopper painting.
Handsome orig. seat.... (good for 20>40 min ride only)

My rebuild job....comfy as H E C K ! and ugly. Thick and wide. I'm 6'3" so no problem with added seat height.

Yes, the checkered addition to the helmet is reflective...police inspired on purpose - with my "P O L I T E" hiviz vest - hoping it will give pause to some drivers. Especially when the vest is always worn over my black leather ICON jacket. "Is he a cop?"

Folks tell me it is a fooler...

Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

As I remember it that blue and white version of the Like 200i was a special edition or something. The other ones were beige and black (or some really really dark blue?) and red. :geek:

The hump in the seat could be a deal breaker for a lot of people. . .especially if they were taller. I sat on one at my local Honda dealer back in 2012 or 2013 and that "hump" was indeed detectable. . .although slightly. . . just checking it out in the showroom. I may have been able to live with it but the reviews on the web at the time were mostly pointing to getting the seat rebuilt. . .and lot's of opinions on how to do it. That being said I did think about getting one for a long time. But the PCX was worth the extra money for it's performance and features and although a PITA to work on I decided to get that instead. :D

IMHO the Like does indeed resemble a "Lambretta". ;)

Maybe there should be another Gallery sub-category called "Riders on Scooters Getting Coffee". :lol: