Pictures in some posts no longer visible

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

gauss80
Year: 2013 125 Esp
Color: white

Pictures in some posts no longer visible

Post by gauss80 »

Dear all while browsing on the forum I have noticed that in some cases pictures are no longer visible.... is it by any chances an issue just concerning myself with some odd set upp that I have on my internet browser or is a common shared issue

tks for the response

G
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx125/2012/gauss/535318 Image[/URL]
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Re: Pictures in some posts no longer visible

Post by Limey »

gauss80 wrote:Dear all while browsing on the forum I have noticed that in some cases pictures are no longer visible.... is it by any chances an issue just concerning myself with some odd set upp that I have on my internet browser or is a common shared issue

tks for the response

G
More than likely they were hosted on Photobucket, which used to be free. Now PB is forcing a payment to use their site or you don't get to see any pictures.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

It's true, Photobucket is holding embed images hostage for a fee after years of unsuspecting citizens used their storage. Effectively destroying forum archives and precious tutorials everywhere they are the most hated photo hosting service on the planet. Don't use third party free photo storage services unless you have a contract agreement. Biggest scam on the net :x
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Unless I read something incorrectly, we may just as well use the hosting provided by this site; as I understand it, there are no restrictions on amount of storage used, and they allow bigger pixel dimensions.
gauss80
Year: 2013 125 Esp
Color: white

Post by gauss80 »

cool at least there is nothing wrong with my laptop... then this means that a lot of nice tutorial that were nicely prepared by forumers are lost....
http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/pcx125/2012/gauss/535318 Image[/URL]
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

gauss80 wrote:cool at least there is nothing wrong with my laptop... then this means that a lot of nice tutorial that were nicely prepared by forumers are lost....
I think most of the "good stuff" exists in video form - which can be found on YouTube. Our "Homie" has put an incredible amount of effort into producing top-quality stuff.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

TheMaverick wrote:
gauss80 wrote:cool at least there is nothing wrong with my laptop... then this means that a lot of nice tutorial that were nicely prepared by forumers are lost....
I think most of the "good stuff" exists in video form - which can be found on YouTube. Our "Homie" has put an incredible amount of effort into producing top-quality stuff.
I wouldn't say top quality :lol: but useful enough if you need to do a full service on your own. Yes many classic forum pictorial tutorials are lost unless the poster pays Photobucket to unlock their accounts. I heard its like 400.00 a year.... crazy!
Last edited by homie on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

homie wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:
I wouldn't say top quality :lol: but useful enough if you need to do a full service on your own.
And he's modest too!