AzRocketPCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: AzRocketPCX

Post by maddiedog »

Az, you could use automotive door trim to cover the edges. It'll look good, and save you a lot of time.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
AzRocketPCX
Year: 2011 PCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

Newest add to the RocketPCX. I have since found a flip-top stopper for the bottle that eliminates the screw-top fumbling at stoplights.
Answers to older post: Calinaz (fellow rider here in Tucson on a red 150) has done a great rear fender delete on the cheap. And added two front wheel mounted LED running lights that are too cool. He might have posted, if not I'll mention it. You guys would be inspired.
The side body stickers (flags, checkers, etc) are 3"x5" bumper stickers, butted together & trimmed to make one long swoop. Most of the rest (dots, wedges) are reflective tape strips trimmed down. Fellow riders say the scoot lights up like a Christmas tree in their headlights. Always a good thing!
Coming up on 22k miles and no problems to report. I would definitely recommend the coolant change @ 2yrs, mine was like green syrup.
Attachments
PCX-water-bottle2.gif
PCX-water-bottle2.gif (185.13 KiB) Viewed 6654 times
PCX-water-bottle1.gif
PCX-water-bottle1.gif (203.92 KiB) Viewed 6654 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nice mod tbh

Although I'd probably stop for a pint if I was thirsty....
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

?

Post by Pcxdemon »

jlhog wrote:
AzRocketPCX wrote:A couple of photos of my 2011 PCX 125. Been riding since Jan 2011, and have put 17,500 miles on it here in southern Arizona. Modifications include moving the mirrors to the bodywork, carbon fiber bits (windscreen, seat cowl, front fender & rear fender [deleted] by Magical Racing out of Japan), some billet pieces, and transmission upgrade (NCY "Super" kit). Plus lots of stickers. Tops out around 65mph, and still gets 100mpg. Mainly a cross-city commuter, but I take it up Mt. Lemmon (9200' elevation) about once a month, and recently did a two-day 600mile overnighter to Sedona.
I really want a fender eliminator, but man is that pricey...

Really?!
http://japan.webike.net/products/21108127.html
calinaz

Post by calinaz »

That eliminator looks like it's for the non-US bikes, I don't see any provision for mounting the turn signals. I think the ones for the US bikes are a bit more pricey.
Before doing anything stupid, make sure there are no uninvited witnesses...
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

The Rocket in San Diego during Amervespa2013. Over 400 miles of beautiful costal hill riding. Out of 500+ scooters there, there were only 2 PCX's. That place is a scooter heaven. Shout out to the SD Pharoahs SC, you guys know how to run a ride.

Coming up on 25k miles. Posts about belt change intervals seem to be bearing out true. Only got 12k miles out of the Kitaco before it gave up the ghost 1 mile after unloading it from the trailer upon returning to Tucson. Glad it wasn't while on the hills in CA. The stock belt was only good for 11k miles before I was left waiting for a tow on a 103degree day. So I'll be changing belts @ 10k regardless of inspection. "Babbits" online (here in the States) stocks OEM for $20.00, so no big deal. Everyone else will probably get more out of theirs, but the extreme heat here takes it toll.
Only other note regarding service: use caution with the screws on the master cylinder cover (@ right handle bar). They're very soft metal and stripped easy when trying to remove for topping off. I ended up having to replace the whole assembly ($60), and switched to stainless hex heads so I don't repeat that misery.
Attachments
IMG_1601_edited-1.jpg
IMG_1601_edited-1.jpg (212.69 KiB) Viewed 6553 times
ASUndevil42

Post by ASUndevil42 »

Hey fellow Arizonan! By the number of trips you take up Mt. Lemmon, I'm assuming you live in Tucson. I just recently bought my PCX last month so I'm still new to the whole scooting scene. I must say I haven't stopped smiling since I got it though. If you're ever up near Phoenix drop me a line and maybe we can cruise around town. I still haven't worked up the courage to ride it on the highway yet but I'll get there. There's also a Phoenix Scooter club that is pretty active in case you're interested http://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Scooter-Club/.

-Steve
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

Nice hearing from you ASU (Steve)! Glad you found the site. I'm loving the PCX also. Use it every chance I get. Home is 5 miles from the base of Mt.Lemmon, so I ride to the top at least once a month. 6000'+ in elevation change over 25 winding miles, w/ 30degree drop in temp: what's not to like?
In the PHX area you might want to give VespaAZ (@ Facebook & Meet-up) a look. They ride modern Vespas, but Guy & his gang have a decent respect for PCXs, so you might find some good group rides in the valley there. I ride with the Sky Island Riders (also on Facebook, use the one w/ "LLC" suffix) here in Tucson. Monthly rides, two rallies a year. We have "El Scoot de Tucson" coming up Oct6, which is a approx 110mile loop of the city one-day rally. VespaAZ will be coming down, so that might be a good chance to get in some miles. They came down for our Aug Ride of the Month, using mostly scenic backroads. It was a 350 mile day for them, but they didn't complain. Sky Island is an open group so join up, we have at least 3 PCXs. Be great to have more.
Warren
ScooterCommuter

Post by ScooterCommuter »

That seat cowl is SWEET! Did you have to order straight from Japan on that?
current: Honda Pcx 150
previous: Honda Reflex 250, Suzuki Gs500, Yamaha Vino 70 mod
'Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly'
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

AzRocketPCX wrote:The Rocket in San Diego during Amervespa2013. Over 400 miles of beautiful costal hill riding. Out of 500+ scooters there, there were only 2 PCX's. That place is a scooter heaven. Shout out to the SD Pharoahs SC, you guys know how to run a ride.

Coming up on 25k miles. Posts about belt change intervals seem to be bearing out true. Only got 12k miles out of the Kitaco before it gave up the ghost 1 mile after unloading it from the trailer upon returning to Tucson. Glad it wasn't while on the hills in CA. The stock belt was only good for 11k miles before I was left waiting for a tow on a 103degree day. So I'll be changing belts @ 10k regardless of inspection. "Babbits" online (here in the States) stocks OEM for $20.00, so no big deal. Everyone else will probably get more out of theirs, but the extreme heat here takes it toll.
Only other note regarding service: use caution with the screws on the master cylinder cover (@ right handle bar). They're very soft metal and stripped easy when trying to remove for topping off. I ended up having to replace the whole assembly ($60), and switched to stainless hex heads so I don't repeat that misery.

Belt and heat _ you could try venting the casing
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

Terrific work! You're really getting the max fun factor from your scoot, cheers!
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
ScooterCommuter

Post by ScooterCommuter »

Found the Magical Racing site. Now I have to decide between black to match windscreen or carbon fiber to match exhaust.

http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/pcx125.html
current: Honda Pcx 150
previous: Honda Reflex 250, Suzuki Gs500, Yamaha Vino 70 mod
'Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly'
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

ScooterCommuter wrote:Found the Magical Racing site. Now I have to decide between black to match windscreen or carbon fiber to match exhaust. http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/pcx125.html
I am glad I live in Thailand .... those prices are crazy expensive compared to here.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

The Rocket turned over 32k miles last month. What a great bike! No major service issues to date. I did put on a new front rotor @ 30k due to wear, but I can't complain. The 2015 model refresh looks great, but I'm still not in the market for a new bike. A friend recently started riding a Forza, and if I did enough Interstate riding that's the way I'd go. (It's a little to heavy for me to make the switch outright, and I don't want a red bike.) I'm hoping that with the new Elite moving into the 125cc slot for Honda the PCX may go to 170cc's for 2016/7, right in time for me to be shopping around @ 50k miles.

Photos are from a ride on the east side of Tucson: The Rincon Valley Farmers Market (with the Forza), and Sahuaro National Park.
Attachments
Hondas at Rincon Valley 02.jpg
Hondas at Rincon Valley 02.jpg (283.74 KiB) Viewed 6359 times
PCX Sahuaro East.jpg
PCX Sahuaro East.jpg (312.87 KiB) Viewed 6359 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Outstanding!!
Looks like another Great Banner Photo for the forum! Very nice pic ya got there AzRocket! You're bike Rocks!! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Those white PCXs are really nice bikes. Your upgrades added to the class that is already designed in...cheers to that!
(By the way, that scene looks familiar...the last house I bought was right in the foothills in Catalina, near Tucson). Miss that area- but not the heat! Loved Monsoon season though, pretty awesome!!!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

MichRocks wrote:Those white PCXs are really nice bikes. Your upgrades added to the class that is already designed in...cheers to that!
(By the way, that scene looks familiar...the last house I bought was right in the foothills in Catalina, near Tucson). Miss that area- but not the heat! Loved Monsoon season though, pretty awesome!!!

Noooo...
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

you you wrote:
MichRocks wrote:Those white PCXs are really nice bikes. Your upgrades added to the class that is already designed in...cheers to that!
Noooo...
:lol: HaHa!!

Noooo...

to what? :D Tucson? Pcx's? Monsoons??? :P

In August, we used to stand out on the covered porch with a glass of wine, watching the severe lightning and flash-floods. We were high enough that we got to see the first massive water of the season come down the Sahuarita Wash. It would be dry, then suddenly, it was full of rushing water within seconds. Amazing power. The local TV trucks and crowds would be hovering about on the overpass below our house to watch it...it was quite the adventure. Now that I think about it, that weather probably would have really sucked to drive a scooter in, though! Didn't have a scooter at the time...
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

Thanks WhiteNoise! We've got another month before we expect the rain MichRocks, but we can always hope for sooner. Luckily you can normally see them coming, and can wait out the downpour.
A group of us are heading up to Pinetop/Lakeside on our scooters during the first weekend of June to get out of the heat and "Into the Trees" for two nights. I'll post a few photos afterward. There will be 2 PCX's, a Forza and a Vespa 250 from Tucson, and 4 modern Vespas from Phoenix joining us. Maybe 650 miles over the 3 days.
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

Our trip "Into the Trees" of Arizona's White mountains went great. We left Tucson on Friday morning June6, riding thru the Salt River Canyon to White River and on to our rented cabin in Pinetop. There were two PCX's (my 125 and Craig's 150) plus a Forza and a modern Vespa 300. On Saturday a friend from Phoenix joined us on her Vespa300, and the 5 of us spent the day exploring the area, including a stop in Greer and Hawley Lake. On Sunday we headed home riding thru Heber and Payson, before the return to the hot deserts. Altogether about 750 miles of backcountry riding.
Attachments
PCX and Forza at dam June2014 ver2.jpg
PCX and Forza at dam June2014 ver2.jpg (313.12 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Trees2014 cabin2.jpg
Trees2014 cabin2.jpg (382.66 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Trees2014 Hawley lake3.jpg
Trees2014 Hawley lake3.jpg (437.5 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
PCX Salt River June2014.jpg
PCX Salt River June2014.jpg (240.91 KiB) Viewed 6301 times