AzRocketPCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

AzRocketPCX
Year: 2011 PCX
Color: White

AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

A couple of photos of my 2011 PCX 125. Been riding since Jan 2011, and have put 17,500 miles on it here in southern Arizona. Modifications include moving the mirrors to the bodywork, carbon fiber bits (windscreen, seat cowl, front fender & rear fender [deleted] by Magical Racing out of Japan), some billet pieces, and transmission upgrade (NCY "Super" kit). Plus lots of stickers. Tops out around 65mph, and still gets 100mpg. Mainly a cross-city commuter, but I take it up Mt. Lemmon (9200' elevation) about once a month, and recently did a two-day 600mile overnighter to Sedona.
Attachments
wx photos 01 016.jpg
wx photos 01 016.jpg (331.49 KiB) Viewed 8254 times
wx photos 01 015.jpg
wx photos 01 015.jpg (270.47 KiB) Viewed 8254 times
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Re: AzRocketPCX

Post by dasshreddar »

Very cool, I like the mirrors (not stock :lol: )
Is there a plate or something behind the mirror mounts?
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

17.5 K miles surely wins you the highest mileage prize???

congrats on your cool ride 8)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

Looks very sporty, I like the rear end.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:Looks very sporty, I like the rear end.

Fnaar
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

AzRocketPCX

Post by Alibally »

Not sure if Finbar Saunders has reached the colonies .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352936592.393393.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352936592.393393.jpg (75.29 KiB) Viewed 8207 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Nice Sym, looks good in red.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ehdlhou

Post by ehdlhou »

AzRocketPCX wrote:A couple of photos of my 2011 PCX 125. Been riding since Jan 2011, and have put 17,500 miles on it here in southern Arizona. Modifications include moving the mirrors to the bodywork, carbon fiber bits (windscreen, seat cowl, front fender & rear fender [deleted] by Magical Racing out of Japan), some billet pieces, and transmission upgrade (NCY "Super" kit). Plus lots of stickers. Tops out around 65mph, and still gets 100mpg. Mainly a cross-city commuter, but I take it up Mt. Lemmon (9200' elevation) about once a month, and recently did a two-day 600mile overnighter to Sedona.

nicely done 'decals'
keep posting.
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

okay... I'll be the first to ask... how did you get a 125 to top out at 65? Lots of people say its not possible =]
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

got my 125 up to 108km/h on a downhill stretch the other day. Thats about 68mph. My ermax screen helps.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

When new mine would indicate 67mph on the clock but the clock was telling lies. (they all tell lies)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

65mph was GPS verified (actually 64.7) by our chase car during the trip to Sedona. It wasn't just a peak reading, but was a sustained run of about 20 miles between Phoenix & Wickenberg on Highway 60 (very slight uphill, cross wind, heavy 75mph traffic). Most of the body modifications have been to reduce aerodynamic drag & weight, and the MR windscreen lets me tuck down pretty tight. "Sendler" has done some great trial&error testing and research posted on this site, confirming the NCY transmission change choices in their upgrade kit. My PCX would only do 59mph stock (and had dropped down to 56 due to worn belt & rollers @ 13k miles). After fitting their kit (& a Kitaco belt) I can hit 60 without trying, and get up to 65 @ WOT. Our bikes are rev limited, but the changes in drive pulley profile and belt profile lets the speed increase before hitting the programmed rev limit & fuel cut. I still get 100mpg in my city riding, but fuel economy did drop to 85mpg during the highway (WOT) parts of the run.

The mirrors do have a backing plate (6"x1"x1/4") on the inner side of the bodywork. There is a perfect area there between the upper frame tubes where the bodywork is relatively flat. Althogether there are 4 bolts on each side securing the mirrors.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tastefully done Az, not overboard. Very Sharp 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Is that the standard exhaust de-lugged?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

AzRocketPCX wrote:65mph was GPS verified (actually 64.7) by our chase car during the trip to Sedona. It wasn't just a peak reading, but was a sustained run of about 20 miles between Phoenix & Wickenberg on Highway 60 (very slight uphill, cross wind, heavy 75mph traffic). Most of the body modifications have been to reduce aerodynamic drag & weight, and the MR windscreen lets me tuck down pretty tight. "Sendler" has done some great trial&error testing and research posted on this site, confirming the NCY transmission change choices in their upgrade kit. My PCX would only do 59mph stock (and had dropped down to 56 due to worn belt & rollers @ 13k miles). After fitting their kit (& a Kitaco belt) I can hit 60 without trying, and get up to 65 @ WOT. Our bikes are rev limited, but the changes in drive pulley profile and belt profile lets the speed increase before hitting the programmed rev limit & fuel cut. I still get 100mpg in my city riding, but fuel economy did drop to 85mpg during the highway (WOT) parts of the run.

The mirrors do have a backing plate (6"x1"x1/4") on the inner side of the bodywork. There is a perfect area there between the upper frame tubes where the bodywork is relatively flat. Althogether there are 4 bolts on each side securing the mirrors.

85mpg for WOT runs is still really good -- I don't get that good of mileage when I go on long trips (multiple tanks at WOT).

My top speed has dropped to 56mph, so it's time for a new belt. Does the Kitaco make any difference?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

maddiedog wrote:
AzRocketPCX wrote:65mph was GPS verified (actually 64.7) by our chase car during the trip to Sedona. It wasn't just a peak reading, but was a sustained run of about 20 miles between Phoenix & Wickenberg on Highway 60 (very slight uphill, cross wind, heavy 75mph traffic). Most of the body modifications have been to reduce aerodynamic drag & weight, and the MR windscreen lets me tuck down pretty tight. "Sendler" has done some great trial&error testing and research posted on this site, confirming the NCY transmission change choices in their upgrade kit. My PCX would only do 59mph stock (and had dropped down to 56 due to worn belt & rollers @ 13k miles). After fitting their kit (& a Kitaco belt) I can hit 60 without trying, and get up to 65 @ WOT. Our bikes are rev limited, but the changes in drive pulley profile and belt profile lets the speed increase before hitting the programmed rev limit & fuel cut. I still get 100mpg in my city riding, but fuel economy did drop to 85mpg during the highway (WOT) parts of the run.

85mpg for WOT runs is still really good -- I don't get that good of mileage when I go on long trips (multiple tanks at WOT).

My top speed has dropped to 56mph, so it's time for a new belt. Does the Kitaco make any difference?
Inmo All the trials i had with Kitaco belt with 4 diff varios had a negative affect,i only found it to work as it should on a Kitaco vario. Otherwise stock belt size Is the best on other/stock varios...
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

The exhaust is Takegawa's "Silent Sport" minus the heatshield & lugs. It was the least expensive aftermarket. Weights the same as stock, but moves it up slightly, at more of an angle. The sweet spot in the powerband moved up slightly also (from 35-40mph to the 40-45mph area) with a mellower note. The downpipe does scrape on speedbumps more often than the stock unit.

The Kitaco belt did lower top speed by 2mph when used with the stock vario. The width at top & bottom is the same as stock, but measured out 1mm thicker (taller) so the slight change in "face" angles must have affected the stock drive/driven pulleys' final ratio. I swapped out the stock & Kitaco belts back-to-back twice when doing the NCY transmission upgrade testing and didn't notice any adverse change in top speed between the two. I left the Kitaco in. I did notice a "hot rubber" smell with the Kitaco belt during its first 500 miles running with the new swingarm bits. The outer NCY drive pully has a redesigned cooling fan and probably pulls more air through. I have noticed a great deal less black rubber dust when I pull off the swingarm cover, with the Kitaco belt, and no sign of wear after 3k miles.
Ishida

Post by Ishida »

Nice bike, Where did you get these stickers?
AzRocketPCX

Post by AzRocketPCX »

These are photos of my latest mod. Removing the passenger pegs. I have a cowl over the rear seat, so I'm never riding 2up. The pegs have 2 bolts attaching them to the frame, and one light-duty attachment to the footboard plastic. I cut through the body panels with a Dremel wheel. I still need to finish/detail the cut edges & visible inner body parts. The removed parts weighed in at 2.5#, so not too much of a savings there, but every pound counts.
Attachments
PCX rightside detail.jpg
PCX rightside detail.jpg (170.68 KiB) Viewed 7510 times
PCX left side detail.jpg
PCX left side detail.jpg (146.1 KiB) Viewed 7510 times
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

AzRocketPCX wrote:A couple of photos of my 2011 PCX 125. Been riding since Jan 2011, and have put 17,500 miles on it here in southern Arizona. Modifications include moving the mirrors to the bodywork, carbon fiber bits (windscreen, seat cowl, front fender & rear fender [deleted] by Magical Racing out of Japan), some billet pieces, and transmission upgrade (NCY "Super" kit). Plus lots of stickers. Tops out around 65mph, and still gets 100mpg. Mainly a cross-city commuter, but I take it up Mt. Lemmon (9200' elevation) about once a month, and recently did a two-day 600mile overnighter to Sedona.
I really want a fender eliminator, but man is that pricey...
2013 Honda PCX 150