WHAT hydrant,,,?!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

WHAT hydrant,,,?!

Post by fish »

Before my flat tire this morning....

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: WHAT hydrant,,,?!

Post by Mel46 »

Flat tires kind of mess with your morning coffee. Did you fix it yourself or call a tow truck? Most of us are not prepared for a flat.

I just came back from a nice, but short, ride on my bike. It wasn't until I reached home after the ride that I realized that I should have done a walk around before going out, because my next door neighbor just had his roof replaced yesterday.
.......later:
No nails in my tires yet, but I did find 3 roofing nails in my driveway after I did my walk around. How do you get roofing nails all the way over onto the driveway next door?! Well, I had better do a walk through our lawn as well, especially before I cut the grass. Who knows what they left there.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Well, I had better do a walk through our lawn as well, especially before I cut the grass. Who knows what they left there.
Mel - I always do a "walk through" before I cut my lawn. Usually try to keep it reasonable by scanning with more focus about 20 ft. or so in from the edge of the road for stuff that could have fallen off trucks or only God knows was placed there. That said it's good to generally check the "whole" lawn for sticks or something an animal may have carted in like a tuna fish can from someones garbage or something. The shiny stuff sticks out like a sore thumb and the sticks are like a "what's new" in the picture.

Recently I found a lug nut key for a motor vehicle. It really would have screwed up my lawn mower if I hit that.

Roofing nails are the worst. They can fall off trucks or out of dumpsters through seams in tailgates. They can also wander when crews are sweeping or tossing debris from a roof. There's roller magnet tools you can buy that will pick up the steel nails in your lawn too. They range from $25 to $75 roughly depending upon the size etc. . ..

Fish - So what's the last chapter in the story? Are you still there having coffee or did you fix it and ride it home? Or did you have it picked up? or none of the above?

It makes me think about the "Slime" tire kit. Rather than just plugging the tire you can inject the slime and attach leads for the inflation pump to your battery. Not a huge kit size (7.5 in. X 7.5 in.) and relatively simple. Maybe nice to have to throw under the seat on whatever ride you choose for the day.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Inflation ... gJ_4fD_BwE

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Old Grinner wrote:
Well, I had better do a walk through our lawn as well, especially before I cut the grass. Who knows what they left there.
Mel - I always do a "walk through" before I cut my lawn. Usually try to keep it reasonable by scanning with more focus about 20 ft. or so in from the edge of the road for stuff that could have fallen off trucks or only God knows was placed there. That said it's good to generally check the "whole" lawn for sticks or something an animal may have carted in like a tuna fish can from someones garbage or something. The shiny stuff sticks out like a sore thumb and the sticks are like a "what's new" in the picture.

Recently I found a lug nut key for a motor vehicle. It really would have screwed up my lawn mower if I hit that.

Roofing nails are the worst. They can fall off trucks or out of dumpsters through seams in tailgates. They can also wander when crews are sweeping or tossing debris from a roof. There's roller magnet tools you can buy that will pick up the steel nails in your lawn too. They range from $25 to $75 roughly depending upon the size etc. . ..

Fish - So what's the last chapter in the story? Are you still there having coffee or did you fix it and ride it home? Or did you have it picked up? or none of the above?

It makes me think about the "Slime" tire kit. Rather than just plugging the tire you can inject the slime and attach leads for the inflation pump to your battery. Not a huge kit size (7.5 in. X 7.5 in.) and relatively simple. Maybe nice to have to throw under the seat on whatever ride you choose for the day.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Inflation ... gJ_4fD_BwE

Son brought me tire plugger ("Stop and Go") kit.
Rode home soon after daylight.
Lesson learned....make sure I've a plug kit, as well as pump.
Really dumb to forget the plug kit! Keep one in each scoot. Had both in my Kymco.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Did you find whatever caused the flat? Wouldn't it be frustrating if you didn't locate the initial cause and ran over it again tomorrow!?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:Did you find whatever caused the flat? Wouldn't it be frustrating if you didn't locate the initial cause and ran over it again tomorrow!?
A can, a screw and a nail.
I've had 3 flats in the past 40 years.
Might be a conspiracy., but
I'll risk it again tomorrow.....
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Interesting. Warrants a full separate thread.