The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:02 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 am
Posts: 755
Location: central coast california
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black
some updated pics of the latest version??? :lol:


Attachments:
1fr.jpg
1fr.jpg [ 479.6 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
1f.jpg
1f.jpg [ 458.16 KiB | Viewed 1118 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:43 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:55 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Canada
Year: 2014
Color: Grey & Blue
Uh ....you've destroyed a really nice scooter. Maybe I just don't get it.

_________________
Bloody love my Forza, I'd buy it again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:03 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Vancouver BC
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black
Kompact wrote:
Uh ....you've destroyed a really nice scooter. Maybe I just don't get it.

agree...it looked super cool, now it looks like a hack & patch nightmare


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:26 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 am
Posts: 755
Location: central coast california
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black
you just don't get it.
when did it look cool?
:lol: whatever :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:46 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7995
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
What a mess

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:30 pm 
Offline
Prestige
Prestige
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:49 pm
Posts: 5704
Location: Chicagoland
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? It's always in the woods or on a dirt road. I think DS is living off the grid and this is more like what you would see in a Mel Gibson Mad Max return to ThunderDome. If this is the case and you are a prepper... I LIKE IT!


Attachments:
cheer.jpg
cheer.jpg [ 16.39 KiB | Viewed 1015 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:31 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Vancouver BC
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black
dasshreddar wrote:
you just don't get it.
when did it look cool?
:lol: whatever :lol:

page 3...that's when it looked super cool...a really nice blend between the PBX & the Ruckus that used the best of both bikes

no offence, as I'm not putting down your bike, but it no longer has an appealing look (IMHO).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:30 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:20 pm
Posts: 1096
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Year: 2013
Color: Black
It's a rat bike...er...scooter. It's supposed to look bad. Not my thing, but to each his own. The process of ratting it out was well executed. The weight reduction must make it a lot of fun in corners.

_________________
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Onyx) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:59 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7995
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
homie wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? It's always in the woods or on a dirt road. I think DS is living off the grid and this is more like what you would see in a Mel Gibson Mad Max return to ThunderDome. If this is the case and you are a prepper... I LIKE IT!



What, prepping for the Thunderdome?

What is the grid and have you been licking it?

Scooter is a shonky mess but I suspect it ran its course as there's very little left to do to complete the masterpiece.

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:14 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Western Wisconsin, on the Father of Waters
Year: 2015
Color: Black
Dasshreddar -- I don't hate it. The rat bike aesthetic isn't for everyone. I've seen some ratted motorcycles that I love, and I was a big fan of the late lamented (some say lamentable) Big Ruckus. A Ruckus 150 might have swayed me away from the PCX, if it existed. Keep working at it (ratters are forever works-in-progress, anyway). Maybe figure out a way to fit analog instruments, and ditch the fairing entirely? Have you considered trying to fab a fiberglass cover for some of the exposed works (matte black, of course)? Anyway, you seem to be enjoying the process. That is what really counts.

_________________
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:23 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Western Wisconsin, on the Father of Waters
Year: 2015
Color: Black
you you wrote:
relic wrote:
I have to explain myself
the above bike is a concept not very practical I agree
not done by myself-but another
this forum about making a PCX that looks like it has teeth
Dass has gone along way to achieve that
and you you the motor is a 450 double overhead cam
a dog that had teeth



Let's just agree on the dog.

The DOHC 450 was the best of the Honda parallel twins -- fast and well worthy of modding into a great cafe bike. Now the old SOHC Fours, they were something. Maintenance hogs at times, but smooth, fast . . . just keep those four carbs synched.

_________________
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:46 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 am
Posts: 755
Location: central coast california
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black
db22 wrote:
Dasshreddar -- I don't hate it. The rat bike aesthetic isn't for everyone. I've seen some ratted motorcycles that I love, and I was a big fan of the late lamented (some say lamentable) Big Ruckus. A Ruckus 150 might have swayed me away from the PCX, if it existed. Keep working at it (ratters are forever works-in-progress, anyway). Maybe figure out a way to fit analog instruments, and ditch the fairing entirely? Have you considered trying to fab a fiberglass cover for some of the exposed works (matte black, of course)? Anyway, you seem to be enjoying the process. That is what really counts.


Thanks db22, the only fairing mod i would still do is a more minimal headlight fairing... i like it naked. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7995
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
db22 wrote:
you you wrote:
relic wrote:
I have to explain myself
the above bike is a concept not very practical I agree
not done by myself-but another
this forum about making a PCX that looks like it has teeth
Dass has gone along way to achieve that
and you you the motor is a 450 double overhead cam
a dog that had teeth



Let's just agree on the dog.

The DOHC 450 was the best of the Honda parallel twins -- fast and well worthy of modding into a great cafe bike. Now the old SOHC Fours, they were something. Maintenance hogs at times, but smooth, fast . . . just keep those four carbs synched.



They were both crap by modern days standards. Really really crap. Things move on.

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:23 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Western Wisconsin, on the Father of Waters
Year: 2015
Color: Black
They were both crap by modern days standards. Really really crap. Things move on.[/quote]
Um, yeah . . .okay.

_________________
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:26 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Western Wisconsin, on the Father of Waters
Year: 2015
Color: Black
dasshreddar wrote:
db22 wrote:
Dasshreddar -- I don't hate it. The rat bike aesthetic isn't for everyone. I've seen some ratted motorcycles that I love, and I was a big fan of the late lamented (some say lamentable) Big Ruckus. A Ruckus 150 might have swayed me away from the PCX, if it existed. Keep working at it (ratters are forever works-in-progress, anyway). Maybe figure out a way to fit analog instruments, and ditch the fairing entirely? Have you considered trying to fab a fiberglass cover for some of the exposed works (matte black, of course)? Anyway, you seem to be enjoying the process. That is what really counts.


Thanks db22, the only fairing mod i would still do is a more minimal headlight fairing... i like it naked. ;)

I like the stripped to the bone look, too. The process on the last bike I played with was to take it all apart, then put it back together bit by bit and stop just as soon as it was street-legal. Nothing that wasn't essential.

_________________
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:58 pm 
Offline
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:05 pm
Posts: 44
Location: ellesmere port England
Year: 2013
Color: white
I like it it's yours so do whatever you want to


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:52 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:34 am
Posts: 755
Location: central coast california
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black
yeah scooter steve ;) just do whatever 8)

:? More latest version pics :lol:


Attachments:
416s.jpg
416s.jpg [ 606.43 KiB | Viewed 694 times ]
416f.jpg
416f.jpg [ 430.27 KiB | Viewed 694 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:56 pm 
Offline
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 pm
Posts: 6583
Location: L o n g Island NY
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*
Thar she be stripped on the beaten path.
She be looking a bit weary dass. Thinking she needs a bath, facial too and change of clothes? Any clothes!! :D
Just kidding. Do as you do, Tinker Toy Boy ;)


Attachments:
FB95IMG951460769308313.jpg
FB95IMG951460769308313.jpg [ 101.12 KiB | Viewed 685 times ]

_________________
<<< LOCATION! Year & Color Please enter Yours today!
To enter your location and other: Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of this page). Upon arrival, click Profile in left column. See the questions? Please Complete. Tis Simple. We Thank You Much (o;

"Miles From Nowhere, I Guess I'll Take My Time...Ohh yeah" Cat Stevens
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:22 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Posts: 102
Location: Western Wisconsin, on the Father of Waters
Year: 2015
Color: Black
Your PCX is unique, lovin' it!

_________________
I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:26 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7995
Location: Staggering back to the centre of the universe
It's truly embarrassing. Someone bury it please.

_________________
Going through a "period of clarity"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Like what you see here? Buy the admin a beer! Donate at the link below:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!