Esdains Black Un

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Esdains Black Un

Post by Esdain »

Hey guys and girls,
i bought my PCX in march april time and because i work for a company that is a dealer of Honda power equipment i did get a very good deal. it also means i have access to every part (as long as i can find a Honda part number) at cost so adding and replacing bits is a lot cheaper.
so far i haven't really done any major mods, replaced all the centre panels for Hondas carbon effect ones, looks sweet, sprayed my transmission cover black to make it stand out less and my most recent edition is a K&N air filter.
i do have some future plans tho. i am thinking next getting some new wing mirrors, a little digi clock, stainless steel floor panels and then when my exhaust finally gives out a new one of them too,
anyway enough txt and onto a few pics

also as a side note, i would like to install one of those evil looking face plates, i think i saw a site somewhere they were calling it a JETS face plate for the pcx, if anyone knows a uk supplier or a reliable supplier that will ship to the uk can they let me know
heres a link to the site i have seen it on

http://japan.webike.net/products/20021797.html
PT63

Re: Esdains Black Un

Post by PT63 »

Black is beautiful, great looking bike :) .
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Transmission cover looks great. Did you paint it yourself with a gun or cans and what paint did you use?
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

TC3 wrote:Transmission cover looks great. Did you paint it yourself with a gun or cans and what paint did you use?
i do have a gun and i airbrush as a hobby but i did this with rattle cans. keyed it up a little, then a can of halfords own flat grey primer, then 2 coats of a metallic black, can;t remember the exact colour. then 4 layers of lacquer, have a mini spray and drying booth so i managed to do it in an afternoon in the summer.

getting some new mirrors next week and thinking of getting my front forks either sprayed or anodised depending on how easy they are to remove
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Esdains Black Un

Post by Alibally »

What you should do now is get the silver indicator bulbs. That would clean up the look of the bike even more
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

Alibally wrote:What you should do now is get the silver indicator bulbs. That would clean up the look of the bike even more
thats a nice idea, if i can find a reliable source of the front facia i want then i will look into the bulbs for sure
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

na,go for the osram diadem bulbs.......super trick looking,loads on ebay just put in 21w diadem!!
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

man I'm loving the PCX in black... way jealous! Only red and white available in the states
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

I have a tread over on the dark side about diadem bulbs.(hello from edinburgh)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

EddieC wrote:man I'm loving the PCX in black... way jealous! Only red and white available in the states

oh, i thought everyone could get black and white and it was the other colours that were the limited ones, seal grey (tray) for us and red you you. didn't realise it was the black :(
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

yep! I like darker colors when it comes to 2 wheeled machines, but between bright red and white, I went with white. I could buy black plastics for about $300, but I'm going to let my girlfriend learn how to ride it while its white first =P
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

I really like the way the BLACK Ones look...."Clean-n-Mean"...!!!
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Happy birthday Esdain, have a good'un.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
Scottish
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Scottish »

Thats one sweet looking machine! wish mine was as clean as that, nevermind the customization!
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

oooh i got a b'day message :P sorry the thank you is a bit late but thanks anyway Woolley
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

mini update, since it was vandalised and all the panels were hanging off anyway i thought i would strip it down and fit one of them little digital clocks i spotted someone had used already. fitting was easy. works a treat and i am amazed how bright it is. all my panels are fitted back now with not a cable tie in sight. still a bit scuffed and there is a couple of cracks but for now it can stay like this, whats worse is that the bastards that knocked it over keyed all but the windscreen and the headlights, so every single panel needs swapping at some point :(

on to the pics

i would have taken a photo in the day except the camera doesn't show it working, it's easy to read in all but bright sunlight tho, i will add a tinted piece of plastic over the front to make it easier to read in the day.

next it's alarm and then start saving for panels
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

What alarm kit are you going with? I was considering getting one eventually...
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Use a alarmed disc lock myself which does well

Tony
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

well the honda alarm is £100 but i should be able to get that cheaper, just need to find a honda OEM part number for it, need to call my dealer tomorrow so will ask them