Resizing Pictures

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Resizing Pictures

Post by ScooteringAbout »

gn2 wrote:
DrewJW wrote:if I could get a i3 computer with a 1080p monitor for less than £300 which is not a lot of money in today's world what's the issue?
The issue is the £300
Why spend £300 on new hardware when the hardware you have does everything you need...?

I suppose its like the plates of shame & CBT combo.
Why would anyone run around on a 125 with plates of shame when you could spend some money on a full licence and get a higher resolution scooter...? :lol:
The difference is on the bike I don't expect an whole community to put up with my stubbornness to upgrade.
aka DrewJW
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Matter of preference and GN2 has a good point ..chasing technology can be heavy on the wallet , but for me I see a significant difference with 1080 on my security cams, etc etc . But I also agree life is too short not to have the best if the wallet supports it. No matter what you buy today, tomorrow will be better . I like better > best even better, but I suppose its all relative.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bump
Have you been wanting to or wondering about or trying to resize your photo's so that you can share them...but have had no luck?
Well, here ya go! :) Read on and see if this all helps
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Bump
Have you been wanting to or wondering about or trying to resize your photo's so that you can share them...but have had no luck?

Where?
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Yeah - now that cellphones create pix with 5 mb files, you need to do something. I posted something on the quick pic page and found that I also needed to rotate it so it showed up right on the post. In Windows' ever urgent quest to be clever, a picture is rotated file explorer, but attached in the "as taken" orientation. I ended up using Gimp to rotate the image and export it as a new jpg (thus also allowing/forcing me to give it a more useful name). I could also resize the image with Gimp, but find Pixresizer (see my earlier post on this thread) to be far simpler, especially with a batch of photos. And, contrary to what the web page suggests, Pixresizer works fine in Windows 10.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

On Windows 10, if you go to Windows Accessories, choose Paint. When that opens up you'll see you have all the basic tools needed to resize, rotate, save as etc. . ..

It takes a bit of effort to understand how it works but if you are familiar with previous versions it should be quite apparent how to modify your photo files the way you want. Just make sure you keep an extra set of copies of your files somewhere as a backup (different folder) before you try to modify anything. That way if something goes astray you have an original to fall back on.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Bump
Where?
Check the first post of this thread and there is an excellent link there that gn2 pointed me to just after I joined the forums.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

By the way, for any of you who want or need a more updated computer but can not afford to purchase a new one, there are plenty of 'off lease', used computers out there that are quite cheap. The nice thing about 'last year's model' or even the year before, is that the processors are so advanced now that unless you are in need of the fastest and most powerful computer, the used ones will be more than adequate for almost everything you need them for.

I purchased one from Microcenter last year, and another one from one of the other big box computer stores. I spent $150 for each. They did not come with a monitor, but I have had the same monitor for over 10 years now, so if you bought a good one previously, just make sure the connection are the same and you are good to go.

They usually advertise them within their sale ads. Keep in mind that some had a one year lease, and some had a two year lease. Neither of those times is too old to continue using them, but big corporations find it less expensive to just lease rather than maintain them.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I recently downloaded on my android Samsung Galaxy S4, a freebie called "Photo and Picture Resizer."
It works perfectly when resizing the huge photos that my cellphone camera takes.

On my Gen 3 Ipad, I've been using "Auto Resize"
And that works perfectly.

And, on my Gen 3 Ipad I've been creating avatar's (using any photo) Using this website: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
So simples to use

That's all I got, I'm sure folks have their favs as well.
So Dig in and start sharing your glory days on the road (again) :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's very interesting Mel, I never thought of that! Do you have any direct web links to share so I can take a look? My HP windows laptop is old but I keep it clean (it's the updating attention otherwise any laptop could/would fry, crash or what have you). Due to its' age only, I'd like a look at an updated one.
So yeah, I'm curious ;)