Slovak 2016 PCX 125

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Frantisek
Year: 2016
Color: Bloody RED

Slovak 2016 PCX 125

Post by Frantisek »

Hello,

I picked PCX 125 as a brand new learning scooter to teachmyself ride on two wheels in Zilina, Slovakia.

I hope you get some good info here on how to improve my experiene riding outside of city limits. I got it for 1 and 1/2 months and already 3400km done! :-) you can imagine I stroll approx. 300km/a trip normally.

Hope to get some comfy accessories for it until I decide to go higher (cc). Currently, a bump on 2016 stock seat is pain in the ass and I am really more lone rider - no girlfriend yet and I do not plan to ruin my life just yet ;-)
Attachments
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG (447.37 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG (115.42 KiB) Viewed 2589 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Slovak 2016 PCX 125

Post by homie »

Oh man that second picture :o
No turns, no intersections, no stop lights, no deer, no police not even a telephone pole. Just wide open throttle hair on fire kinda begs to go fast!
REALLY, REALLY FAST!

Chief says "no ambulance"
Attachments
juicyfruit.jpg
juicyfruit.jpg (13.04 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome! I am not positive, but you may be our first member from Slovakia. Great to have you with us.

I learned how to ride a motorcycle (scooter) on my PCX. It is a nice size to start with. It is all I need here in the congested city of Bangkok, but I got a different 400cc scooter (Yamaha Majesty) for when I am back in the US and have more open country to ride on.

Stay with us, you will learn lots, and if you can't find a post that answers your question, feel free to ask and someone will likely respond.

Happy riding.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Frantisek

Post by Frantisek »

Made 3800km in first two months this summer. Expecting more. These short service intervals are killing me :-) because at 38xx I can't really go anywhere just sit tight and wait for time slot at service station, grrr...
Attachments
IMG_0095.JPG
IMG_0095.JPG (342.23 KiB) Viewed 2530 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

You could probably extend the service intervals if you are using the bike "properly"?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Considering that you have gone beyond the 600 mile first service, and probably the second service as well, all you need to do from now on is change your oil.
Get full synthetic oil and you can stretch the service intervals. You should be able to change the oil yourself. You don't have to pull the screen out every time you change the oil, so your oil change should take 10 minutes tops. You can do it in your driveway.
Collect the used oil in a container that you can eventually take to a dealer service area and ask them if they could take it for recycling. The places here that collect oil for recycling are places that work on cars, motorcycle repair shops, and any place that does tuneup and oil changes. Your little bit won't make a dent in the amount of oil they are recycling.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Frantisek

Post by Frantisek »

Hi,
Thanks for heads up.

What about warranty? This is the warranty service as far as i know. I was actually thinking I have to go there because the warranty would be voided if i didn't.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Over here we don't really worry about the warranty after the first couple of services because just about anyone can change the oil. If you sign off on each service I don't think you will have any problems that are covered by warranty. As far as I know the only real problem the PCX has had is NOT covered by warranty. It is a solid built machine. It runs fine as long as you inspect it ever so often to make sure nothing is falling off, which I would hope you do each time you ride. My wife's bike has 13,000 miles on it and the only problem has been the clutch bearing, which is a common problem but is not covered by warranty. My pcx has a little over 5,000 miles and runs great. Just do routine stuff and it will be fine. Maybe someone here understands the ins and outs of the warranty. Bigger things will need their attention, but little things like oil changes can be done anywhere.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

If your one of the unlucky few, then you own a bike with real problems and it's good to have dealer warranty - although Honda and some dealers are not always keen to admit liability for certain problems. Other than that, in the main warranty is meaningless as the bikes run great with minimal servicing such as an oil change and occassional plug/filter change, and you can pay for the odd repair and save loads on all the servicing charges over 2 years (over £900 from most dealers over 2 years in the UK (inc tax)).
My PCX has done near 10,000 miles now used every week day all weathers inc winter rain and sleet, etc and I've only changed the engine oil twice so far and final drive once (oil looked fine coming out of that and nothing in the screen the 2nd time). No plug or air filter change (yet). Gives fantastic mpg, runs smoothly (just a bit of noise in the rear clutch drive but still fine) and I've saved best part of a £1000 in service charges - which is 1/3rd the cost of a new bike!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

iceman wrote:My PCX has done near 10,000 miles now used every week day all weathers inc winter rain and sleet, etc and I've only changed the engine oil twice so far and final drive once (oil looked fine coming out of that and nothing in the screen the 2nd time). No plug or air filter change (yet). Gives fantastic mpg, runs smoothly (just a bit of noise in the rear clutch drive but still fine) and I've saved best part of a £1000 in service charges - which is 1/3rd the cost of a new bike!
Many may disagree with your practice, but I completely get it. It is a risk/reward type of thing. So far it seems you are ahead of the game. You have saved 1/3 the cost of a new bike, and depending on how long you keep your present one, the end result will tell if it is worth it. If your plan is to keep your bike until it dies, I suspect that its life will be shorter than if regularly serviced. But if the plan is to keep it a few years and then sell/trade it to get another one, odds are, you will be ahead of the game. Regular servicing does not mean parts don't break or wear out, it just typically takes them longer to wear or break, but you will likely have to replace them anyway. Thus, not as frequent servicing and trading it sooner rather than later can mean you are ahead of the game, and regular servicing but keeping the bike longer may turn out to cost more in the long run. I put very little mileage on my PCX because I am in a very congested city and don't need it for commuting to the office (I live 250 meters/yards from my office), thus I am not too concerned about servicing based on time periods, rather the mileage. When I was in the US and Canada and had a car, I traded them every 2½ to 3 years, so I did very little servicing there as well. My understanding is that for many dealers, the money is not made in the sales end, but the servicing end. That should say something. If it costs more to service a vehicle than to purchase it, what's the point? I know that sounds somewhat simplistic, but there is some truth to it.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Frantisek

Post by Frantisek »

Lady assured me I can drive and check the level of oil. So I went over 4300 yesterday. More pictures :)
Attachments
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG (111.74 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

First glance it looked like a cyclone was chasing you :) reminds me of Kansas here in the states. Wide open flat farm land for as far as the eye can see. Love the pictures!
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Awesome pics. And looks like a perfect weather for a ride any day. Wish we can have that perfect weather here as well..

Cheers from Thailand.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Frantisek

Post by Frantisek »

Had accident today. I really miss ABS because when I hit the break i instantly went to drift... and hit the car in front of me. Some idiot in front of us decided to stop on the main road to let another car take a turn! Well. Lesson learned. GOod thing I am dressed like proper biker in jacket and proper jeans and all and I survived with bruised leg and hit wrist. Nothing broken. I do wonder what this is going to cost, Check the picture.

That large Givi windshield was installed yesterday along with 4000km warranty check lol
Attachments
14517456_10210591881174126_7812261828008191456_n.jpg
14517456_10210591881174126_7812261828008191456_n.jpg (69.53 KiB) Viewed 2301 times
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Frantisek wrote:Had accident today. I really miss ABS because when I hit the break i instantly went to drift... and hit the car in front of me. Some idiot in front of us decided to stop on the main road to let another car take a turn! Well. Lesson learned. GOod thing I am dressed like proper biker in jacket and proper jeans and all and I survived with bruised leg and hit wrist. Nothing broken. I do wonder what this is going to cost, Check the picture.

That large Givi windshield was installed yesterday along with 4000km warranty check lol
Ooops. Very sorry to hear and see your accident - good to hear though that you are not hurt. Recover soon.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

OH MAN! hate it when someone goes down. So glad you survived the incident but look at the precious o_O
How will we fix that headlight assembly? Did you lay it down or manage the impact upright? Police treated like a crime scene, complete with cones, chalk lines and shell casing markers... who gets the ticket? I don't like it, I don't like it at all :cry:

Please join the list of poor souls who've experienced a close call... very sorry man.
Attachments
mac&chief3.jpg
mac&chief3.jpg (9.1 KiB) Viewed 2295 times
Frantisek

Post by Frantisek »

homie wrote:OH MAN! hate it when someone goes down. So glad you survived the incident but look at the precious o_O
How will we fix that headlight assembly? Did you lay it down or manage the impact upright? Police treated like a crime scene, complete with cones, chalk lines and shell casing markers... who gets the ticket? I don't like it, I don't like it at all :cry:

Please join the list of poor souls who've experienced a close call... very sorry man.

I will visit a Honda service. And ask them for how much its going to cost. I did the impact upgright and then flew to the left of the steering wheel on asphalt. I get the ticket for sure but who cares. its justmoney and not a lot.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Sorry about the incident. Thankfully you are okay.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

If you have access to Ebay and the shipping cost is not too great, you can fix that up for...what?...less than 200$ or 177 euros. No?

Well, taking a second look at the damage...might be closer to 400.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Really Sorry to read about your fall Frantisek. But smiling that you walked away with only bruises and an ouch wrist! The scoot feels no pain. Plastics are cheap, and yeah...that Was bad timing on the new Givi screen. Brightside, Givi has more. Feel better....all over ;)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You