1st time scooter owner

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: 1st time scooter owner

Post by homie »

you ask... "The one thing though that I can't figure out how to do is get it up on the stand"

Do you want a demo? Actually it requires no strength at all when properly handled... just confidence and that the stands 2 legs are on solid preferably level ground. You can do it in bare feet, I like the left foot but that's for advance C-stand users only.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

that's the gayest 'how to' video ever :lol: totally gay, I won't have that up long o_O so hurry up before the guys see it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

You could watch this long winded, slo-motion detailed video with sound effects by Jason the ax murderer (which will be here after I've deleted my completely wrong way to do it) ... but life is short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXZyJSPkx4

PS I've never learned how to get it off the C-stand :P
tink
Year: 2017
Color: Pearl Blue

Post by tink »

homie wrote:

that's the gayest 'how to' video ever :lol: totally gay, I won't have that up long o_O so hurry up before the guys see it.
whoa that looks crazy easy!!! that's my favoritest gayest vid everest pleasest leave it up :-) I kept pausing & going back, unbelievable ... like magic ! :)
here to learn how to have more fun & stay alive
I'm 5'1": http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2102
8/11/2107= 0 miles
tink
Color: Pearl Blue

Post by tink »

homie wrote:You could watch this long winded, slo-motion detailed video with sound effects by Jason the ax murderer (which will be here after I've deleted my completely wrong way to do it) ... but life is short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwXZyJSPkx4

PS I've never learned how to get it off the C-stand :P
Your vid was better haha! Especially because I didn't see -will look again- a side handle on the PCX like the bike in the 2nd vid had.

On the upside ... I basically admitted aloud today, "I'm going to make everybody in the house mad and do what I want to do" and then put up 2 ramps to get the scooter in to the HOUSE. Yep. It's in the hallway by the front door right now. I'm going to do the graphics on it in the house...

because...

there's currently a tiny baby possum under my shed & frankly it freaks me out. That's what I get for making space for it to get in while cleaning it out for the scooter. I've got to figure out how to get it into a trap it at night while it's awake - ugh - after dark, with a critter, creep-tasic. I'm not brave enough to try & catch it while its sleeping.

MUCH APPRECIATION for the scooter stand how-to, I'll try it :)
here to learn how to have more fun & stay alive
I'm 5'1": http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2102
8/11/2107= 0 miles
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

It only lacks a curtsy at the end and I could go to the parade this year :lol: I think the wide angle fish eye did a number on my masculinity. Anywho, for some reason I started using the left foot because it was just easier. But you should start with the recommended procedure as i'm sure something bad will happen using your left until you master the right.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Why weren't you wearing pants?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

homie wrote: ...... and that the stands 2 legs are on solid preferably level ground .....
That is a crucial point. Make sure both feet or square on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

When I first purchased my big Burgman 400 I was having a problem putting it on the center stand. A mechanic said he would be glad to work with me to show me how to do it. Once he showed me the crucial point, it was easy.
As kramnala58 has pointed out, the crucial point is to make sure BOTH feet of the center stand are touching the ground, which distributes the weight of the bike evenly, before you continue. From there it is fairly easy to stand on the 'arm' with your left foot and rock the bike back (left hand on handlebar, right hand on the passenger grab bar).
As for getting it off of the stand, that is a different story. I straddle the bike and rock it forward. I saw a mechanic almost drop a bike because he took it off of the center stand from the left side, which caused the front of the bike to turn to the left as it came off of the stand. Not good.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I choose to use my right foot in the center stand, such as shown in the top YouTube clips when I Goggle searched them. I think it gives better balance to stand square to the bike. I seems that you have more chance of being off balance when using the left foot.

I rarely put my PCX on the center stand because it is an early model that has the notorious center stand weakness that cracks the crank case. I use the center stand on my larger Majesty, and it lifts fairly easily with the aforementioned procedure.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Tink, it's challenging to take the bike off its stand from the side,
but folks with short legs may need to do that, because vigorously bumping the bike forward while standing on your toes,
that's just as risky and it looks ridiculous.

So you may need to practice keeping the front wheel straight
and pushing the bike's centerstand against your boot
with someone on the other side of the bike to help you catch it if it starts to fall.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I made a mistake. My apologies. I tried using the left foot on the center stand as the mechanic had showed me and found it cumbersome, so I switched to right foot on the stand. It seemed more natural.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers