Survived the street fair!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Survived the street fair!

Post by fish »

Daughter and I arrived in our coffee village early enough to today to have coffee and pastries at our sidewalk table.....while vendors were setting up & before the masses arrived.

Couple of hours later our sidewalk looked like this.

On the hotel porch at the top of town looking back towards our chairs.

Streets fill with parked cars in front yards - so they shuttle 'em in on busses!
One morning I accidentally arrived in town on my Forza at the start of the street fair - the local police know me & my scooter, so they let me in to park behind my favorite coffee shop.

Actually, this little burg gets pretty busy with tourists most days of the week ---- but I'm usually long gone by that time.

It was a nice day with the youngster. Apparently there were a few cute boys in the crowd...

Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Survived the street fair!

Post by Mel46 »

Does your daughter ride pillion or does she have her own scooter? I think she would enjoy having/riding one. There are quite a few young people here who ride scooters, though the streets are now getting very crowded with teens who just received a new car for their graduation or birthday, and most of those driving the new cars have zero experience behind the wheel of a muscle car. That is scaring the heck out of mindful parents.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:Does your daughter ride pillion or does she have her own scooter? I think she would enjoy having/riding one. There are quite a few young people here who ride scooters, though the streets are now getting very crowded with teens who just received a new car for their graduation or birthday, and most of those driving the new cars have zero experience behind the wheel of a muscle car. That is scaring the heck out of mindful parents.
No, given the choice of going on a scooter (front or rear seat) she prefers driving the goofy truck.

Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good crowd and vendors aplenty. Kinda of a cloudy day? So what did You buy your pretty daughter? :D C'mon Dad, don't disappoint
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:Good crowd and vendors aplenty. Kinda of a cloudy day? So what did You buy your pretty daughter? :D C'mon Dad, don't disappoint
Rains predicted all week, held off.
I paid at Dino's for pastries and coffee...and lunch at Current Cuisine....and carried the bigdam potted plant she bought...and kicked the boys to the sidelines.
Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
GREAT Response! I can invision All that! Bigdam Potted plant! Too Funny!!
Nice you bought pastries n lunch. A hi-viz gold star fer you!
Them boyz reaching out....Think back. That wouldn't stop you back in the day (Betcha!!) :D

P.S. Young lady drives a truck, that's 8)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Nice truck....but it is BIG! If I get another truck I am sure it will be a Tacoma extended cab. A family friend has one that we borrow ever-so-often. I like driving it, though gas mileage is another subject when you have a truck. It is meant to haul things, so you give up something to get something.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:Nice truck....but it is BIG! If I get another truck I am sure it will be a Tacoma extended cab. A family friend has one that we borrow ever-so-often. I like driving it, though gas mileage is another subject when you have a truck. It is meant to haul things, so you give up something to get something.
For 30 yrs drove a crewcab Chevy with full 8' bed...so this one seems small.
Embarrassed for people who drive trucks with 6' beds...and for those who stand in lines for salad.
Same people?
Fish
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

fish wrote: Embarrassed for people who drive trucks with 6' beds...and for those who stand in lines for salad.
Same people?
Fish
Nah - this is my short bed - and I wasn't waiting for salad. :lol:
Attachments
RVweb (Small).jpg
RVweb (Small).jpg (57.36 KiB) Viewed 432 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Whoa Limey,.....Love That!! I do! 8)

My small 5' covered bed - def enuff for me

Just Yesterday: Honda California sent a Svc Recall Rep and a Tech to install new front airbags in my '06 Ridgeline (to date 47,000 orig miles by moi). The Rep was very impressed and said he wanted to buy it, how much? I have no idea. I'm to call him if I want to sell. I'm still on the fence.

Anyway, here's the kids a few yrs back,
Oh, and no salad here either ;)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

Had my Dodge since new in 2004. The Cummins diesel is only just broken in at 100,000 miles. Used to double tow with the boat all over the western states and through the Rockies. Had to laugh when folks in another thread were talking of slowing over the Rockies. I remember driving the full rig up over Wolf Creek Pass a few years ago - had it in cruise and had to brake a couple of times while going up. LOL. I always told my DW that it would pull the Titanic off the bottom.

Can't double tow in Florida, so have to take them one at a time. :)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Wolf Creek Pass, sounds familiar. I think I went through that heading south towards Durango and Cortez to visit Mesa Verde. Long time ago in the mid '70s . . .. Great view. I've got to dig out my old slides some time. 8)
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Limey »

Old Grinner wrote:Wolf Creek Pass, sounds familiar. I think I went through that heading south towards Durango and Cortez to visit Mesa Verde. Long time ago in the mid '70s . . .. Great view. I've got to dig out my old slides some time. 8)
That would be right. We camped at Lake Navahoe for a week. Visited Mesa Verde while we were there.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Hmmm....I think I went the route as well back in '71. I had a big Pontiac Catalina station wagon going east. A few months earlier I had gone west through there in a VW bug. That was tough going. It didn't like "hills". :roll:
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150